U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 3, 2014
9:20:58 AM
View profile
Uverse Combined Bill Complaint
Edited by Phil-101 on Jun 3, 2014 at 10:07:09 AM

Dear AT&T,

I am writing to you to voice a complaint regarding the billing of my Wireless and Uverse accounts. I have been an AT&T customer for over 10 years.

In addition to my wireless service, I added Uverse TV and Internet, paying over $300.00/mo for services. I sold my home, and cancelled my Uverse and Internet service, at which point I thought I was current on billing.

I began receiving phone calls and emails, asking for me to contact customer service. I attempted to log into my Uverse account to view my billing status, but the system would not let me log in due to the fact that my service was cancelled. So, I logged into my wireless account, and saw that I was past due on wireless, and paid my bill to become current. I assumed all was well as I was a combined bill customer. The calls and emails from customer service stopped.

Then, this past weekend, I received a call from a collections agency, requesting payment of over $300.00. I was taken by complete surprise. Although I was previously a combined customer, for some reason, these charges never appeared on my bill.

I paid the collections agency. I voiced my concent o the associate with the collections agency, and his exact words were, "You'd be surprised at how many Uverse customers I talk to that had no clue they had a remaining balance. You're not alone; this happens all the time. I apologize."

I called Uverse customer service to ensure that I did, in fact, have a past due balance, and the associate confirmed.

I request that someone from AT&T contact me regarding the issue, ensure that my payment has been processed by the collections agency, ensure that my account with AT&T is still in good standing, and assure me that this issue is being addressed for future customers. If this is happening for others, which was confirmed by the collections agency representative, there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Regards,

Ethan

[edited for privacy]

Dear AT&T,

I am writing to you to voice a complaint regarding the billing of my Wireless and Uverse accounts. I have been an AT&T customer for over 10 years.

In addition to my wireless service, I added Uverse TV and Internet, paying over $300.00/mo for services. I sold my home, and cancelled my Uverse and Internet service, at which point I thought I was current on billing.

I began receiving phone calls and emails, asking for me to contact customer service. I attempted to log into my Uverse account to view my billing status, but the system would not let me log in due to the fact that my service was cancelled. So, I logged into my wireless account, and saw that I was past due on wireless, and paid my bill to become current. I assumed all was well as I was a combined bill customer. The calls and emails from customer service stopped.

Then, this past weekend, I received a call from a collections agency, requesting payment of over $300.00. I was taken by complete surprise. Although I was previously a combined customer, for some reason, these charges never appeared on my bill.

I paid the collections agency. I voiced my concent o the associate with the collections agency, and his exact words were, "You'd be surprised at how many Uverse customers I talk to that had no clue they had a remaining balance. You're not alone; this happens all the time. I apologize."

I called Uverse customer service to ensure that I did, in fact, have a past due balance, and the associate confirmed.

I request that someone from AT&T contact me regarding the issue, ensure that my payment has been processed by the collections agency, ensure that my account with AT&T is still in good standing, and assure me that this issue is being addressed for future customers. If this is happening for others, which was confirmed by the collections agency representative, there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Regards,

Ethan

[edited for privacy]

Uverse Combined Bill Complaint

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2014 8:22:18 AM
(0)
Contributor

hello ,, they are robbing us , i got 3 services from this ppl and they dont wanna conbine them , plus , the 15 dollar charge for maintenance tech ? ssssshut , those ppl need to get back to school and lern how to resolve pc trobble ,,,

hi :smileywink:

hello ,, they are robbing us , i got 3 services from this ppl and they dont wanna conbine them , plus , the 15 dollar charge for maintenance tech ? ssssshut , those ppl need to get back to school and lern how to resolve pc trobble ,,,

hi :smileywink:

Re: Uverse Combined Bill Complaint

2 of 3 (237 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 4, 2014 2:04:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

If you want someone from AT&T to contact you about this, please click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelopein the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

This way you can include your account number and the best way and time to contact you (keeping in mind that they have limited hours and may not be able to accomodate all requested times) in a private communication instead of publishing it here where everyone can see it.

If you want someone from AT&T to contact you about this, please click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelopein the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

This way you can include your account number and the best way and time to contact you (keeping in mind that they have limited hours and may not be able to accomodate all requested times) in a private communication instead of publishing it here where everyone can see it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Uverse Combined Bill Complaint

3 of 3 (219 Views)