Uverse Android App - Not supported on Jelly Bean?

Teacher

Uverse Android App - Not supported on Jelly Bean?

Hi,

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and was disappointed that Google Play Store said that this new phone will not support the U-verse Android app. Is there an update coming? I upgraded from an Iphone and loved this app and will miss it greatly.

Is there a source for a version that might run on the Note II ?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 18 (5,306 Views)
Employee

Re: Uverse Android App - Not supported on Jelly Bean?

Hello KingKahuna!  Thanks for your post!  I am sure you know How to get the U-verse app for Android devices

That link also details the Android devices that the app is available on and the article mentions that additional Android devices will be available in the near future!  Lets hope that the SG Note II is at the top of that list!  Smiley Happy

~Delia

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 18 (5,156 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Come on ATT - still no support for the Uverse App on JellyBean? It has been over two months since the release of the Samsung Note 2. Just got the 4.1.2 Jellybean update form T and still the U-verse app is not ported on Goggle Play?

Cable is looking better and better...

Message 3 of 18 (4,773 Views)
ACE - Master

As long as the "cable" app works on your version of Android / your Android phone / your Android tablet.  That issue (apps not working on certain versions of Android OR on certain Android appliances) has been well documented on this forum.  It's not necessarily AT&T's fault - there are many Android apps that work on my Android appliances and they are not all from AT&T.

Yes, having Android being so open is great but it's not great when there is no app or approval plan or procedure.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 18 (4,723 Views)
Teacher

dhascall wrote:

As long as the "cable" app works on your version of Android / your Android phone / your Android tablet.  That issue (apps not working on certain versions of Android OR on certain Android appliances) has been well documented on this forum.  It's not necessarily AT&T's fault - there are many Android apps that work on my Android appliances and they are not all from AT&T.

Yes, having Android being so open is great but it's not great when there is no app or approval plan or procedure.

I cannot accept this explaination. ATT offers the Uverse Service. ATT wrote the U-verse app. ATT provided the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and certified the JellyBean ROM (thus I had to wait 6 extra weeks verses other carriers). And how exactly is this not ATT fault?

Message 5 of 18 (4,708 Views)
Professor

ATT did not write the OS that is on the Samsung Galaxy, Samsung wrote their version of Jellybean. Again, it is up to the writers that create these apps, the time to test and make sure that the app will work on the various platforms, and beings that there are how many different appliances running Jellybean, it takes a while for the beta testing to finish.

I had the Nook2Android card running N2A's version of Jellybean and had the UVerse app on it, running with no problems. So you cannot place a short view point of yours on that no one is to blame, but ATT.

Give the writers a break and let them have the time to get the app finished and updated, so that it is compatible with Samsung's version of JB.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

I have the Motorola Razr M running Jelly Bean and the UVerse mobile app works just fine. So it's not Jelly Bean that is the issue.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 7 of 18 (4,667 Views)
Tutor

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2?

Like the other comments and questions in this thread, I also would like to know if the uverse app is available for the Android tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2?  The answers I have gotten from various sources, including phone conversations with uverse support are very confusing.  Seems like a simple question, but apparently ain't so.  Is there anyone out there who can give me an accurate answer?  I would really appreciate it.  (It would be neat to be able to watch uverse on my tablet.)

Thank you.

Message 8 of 18 (4,375 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2?

GGH2 wrote:

Like the other comments and questions in this thread, I also would like to know if the uverse app is available for the Android tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2?  The answers I have gotten from various sources, including phone conversations with uverse support are very confusing.  Seems like a simple question, but apparently ain't so.  Is there anyone out there who can give me an accurate answer?  I would really appreciate it.  (It would be neat to be able to watch uverse on my tablet.)

Thank you.

No one can possibly know if an app will work with every Android device and every version of Android.  That is the pitfall of an open system.  My suggestion, is to go to the Play Store and see if it is availabe for download and the install button is active.  That is how I know.....

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 18 (4,307 Views)

Just off the phone as well as searching and no uverse for the note 2. BUT comcast says it supports so maybe time to switch?

Message 10 of 18 (4,046 Views)
ACE - Master

storageman wrote:

Just off the phone as well as searching and no uverse for the note 2. BUT comcast says it supports so maybe time to switch?

If the app is that big of deal, then feel free.  No one provider is "perfect," else we would all be there.  Did you get Comcast's claim in writing?  Just saying.Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 18 (3,997 Views)
Teacher

Bingo! New version out today and it works on JellyBean!

Thank you!

Message 12 of 18 (3,865 Views)
Guru

i just got a update for the Uverse android app. It said it now has support for Jelly Bean. I dont have JB on mine...

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
Message 13 of 18 (3,788 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

I've had a Nexus 10 since 11/12 on JB.  Don't know when I first got the app but it has always worked.  A bit OT but there are/have been issues lately with online access.  My scheduled programs shows two with correct name, channel name but the channel number is incorrect and doesn't exsist.  I can't even select either one.  Just noticed a recorded program a month old that's not even on my DVR.  Earlier yesterday, I couldn't even schedule a recording.

Everything works fine from the DVR.

Message 14 of 18 (3,667 Views)
Contributor

I have Droid DNA, I want pix and Flix and remote control app for uverse on my phone. Why is it not on playstore?
Message 15 of 18 (3,651 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.