Helpful Links

Uverse $200.00 Visa Gift Card Scam

Tutor

Uverse $200.00 Visa Gift Card Scam

I ordered Uverse 250 along with 12mb internet due in part to the offer I was made on 11/21/13. This was offered to me over online chat from an AT&T worker with the screen name Pecky. Here it is12/12/13 and I receive notification in snail mail..excited I open it up only to find a $50.00 visa gift card redemption paper.

This pecky character first offered a $100.00 card to me.. after I stalled for a few minutes he came back and stated it would be $200.00. Can someone from AT&T please look into this as I find this wholy unacceptable by any stretch.

Message 1 of 16
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Uverse $200.00 Visa Gift Card Scam

brinkz1, ordering via Chat is not what they meant by ordering online (as mentioned before).  The increased rebate is an incentive to use an ordering method without a labor cost, and a chat rep doesn't help there.

That said, I agree that the Chat rep should not have offered you something he couldn't deliver.  If you have not already clicked the PM link given quite a few posts ago, I suggest you do so.  Bantering back and forth with us on the forum isn't going to get you anywhere.  By sending that PM, you can get your issue in the hands of someone who can look at your account and perhaps work something out with you.

Here's that link again. AT&T logoCustomer Service link .  If you provide your account number and the best way and time to reach you, you should hear from them within 1-3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 16
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support