Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 12, 2013
9:16:27 PM
View profile
Uverse $200.00 Visa Gift Card Scam

I ordered Uverse 250 along with 12mb internet due in part to the offer I was made on 11/21/13. This was offered to me over online chat from an AT&T worker with the screen name Pecky. Here it is12/12/13 and I receive notification in snail mail..excited I open it up only to find a $50.00 visa gift card redemption paper.

This pecky character first offered a $100.00 card to me.. after I stalled for a few minutes he came back and stated it would be $200.00. Can someone from AT&T please look into this as I find this wholy unacceptable by any stretch.

I ordered Uverse 250 along with 12mb internet due in part to the offer I was made on 11/21/13. This was offered to me over online chat from an AT&T worker with the screen name Pecky. Here it is12/12/13 and I receive notification in snail mail..excited I open it up only to find a $50.00 visa gift card redemption paper.

This pecky character first offered a $100.00 card to me.. after I stalled for a few minutes he came back and stated it would be $200.00. Can someone from AT&T please look into this as I find this wholy unacceptable by any stretch.

Uverse $200.00 Visa Gift Card Scam

15 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 9:40:38 PM
(0)
Employee
When was your install? The card received sounds as if for ordering online. The card your looking for is sent 4 to 6 weeks after activation, must have service for 30 days, if cancel within 30 days, no $180 termination fee and no gift card.
After 30 days, termination fee applies, basically have to show your committed to service, not just get gift card and cancel service right away.

Fulfillment for All AT&T Visa® Reward Card Offers: AT&T and VISA® Reward Card(s) redemption required. Reward Card sent 4-6 weeks after redemption to customers who retain qualifying service(s). Not redeemable for cash, for use at automated gasoline pumps, or for cash withdrawal at ATMs. Reward Card expires 3months after issuance. For cardholder agreement/terms and conditions go to rewardcenter.att.com/myrewardcard/agreement.pdf. Reward Cards are issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from VisaU.S.A. Inc.

From http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/offer-details.jsp
When was your install? The card received sounds as if for ordering online. The card your looking for is sent 4 to 6 weeks after activation, must have service for 30 days, if cancel within 30 days, no $180 termination fee and no gift card.
After 30 days, termination fee applies, basically have to show your committed to service, not just get gift card and cancel service right away.

Fulfillment for All AT&T Visa® Reward Card Offers: AT&T and VISA® Reward Card(s) redemption required. Reward Card sent 4-6 weeks after redemption to customers who retain qualifying service(s). Not redeemable for cash, for use at automated gasoline pumps, or for cash withdrawal at ATMs. Reward Card expires 3months after issuance. For cardholder agreement/terms and conditions go to rewardcenter.att.com/myrewardcard/agreement.pdf. Reward Cards are issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from VisaU.S.A. Inc.

From http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/offer-details.jsp
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Uverse $200.00 Visa Gift Card Scam

2 of 16 (1,484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2013 4:39:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

brinkz1 wrote:

You can check here for the status of your reward: https://rewardcenter.att.com/home.aspx

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

brinkz1 wrote:

You can check here for the status of your reward: https://rewardcenter.att.com/home.aspx

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 16 (1,454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2013 12:29:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

I appreciate both posts in attempting to help but here it is 12/31/13 and upon still checking the att.com/rewards page it still only shows the $50.00 visa card being sent out. First bill has already been paid so that should not be holding it up. Service was installed & activated November 29th.

I appreciate both posts in attempting to help but here it is 12/31/13 and upon still checking the att.com/rewards page it still only shows the $50.00 visa card being sent out. First bill has already been paid so that should not be holding it up. Service was installed & activated November 29th.

4 of 16 (1,318 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 4:58:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Since it's been over 30 days from the install, I'd recommend sending a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Since it's been over 30 days from the install, I'd recommend sending a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 16 (1,293 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 10:36:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

Well I've emailed the customercare team with no response yet. Hopefully they're still on vacation and not just putting their head in the sand. Bump back to the top I suppose.

Well I've emailed the customercare team with no response yet. Hopefully they're still on vacation and not just putting their head in the sand. Bump back to the top I suppose.

6 of 16 (1,198 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 12:07:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Did you email them or did you send them a PM from their PM page?  If you sent a PM just hang in there they will get in touch with you.  Watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will initially reply to you via PM as well.  If you want to reach out to them again, click on the hyperlink in my sig and you will be taken to the page to send them a PM.

Did you email them or did you send them a PM from their PM page?  If you sent a PM just hang in there they will get in touch with you.  Watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will initially reply to you via PM as well.  If you want to reach out to them again, click on the hyperlink in my sig and you will be taken to the page to send them a PM.

7 of 16 (1,188 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 1:23:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

It was indeed a PM , it looks like they pick & choose which topics get answered as another post below mine had a response in between the two time periods from which I posted earlier.

It was indeed a PM , it looks like they pick & choose which topics get answered as another post below mine had a response in between the two time periods from which I posted earlier.

8 of 16 (1,181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 5:19:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

Below is the promotion I should be receiving but have yet too...

$200 AT&T Reward Card available to new U-verse residential customers for minimum purchase of U-family TV and U-verse Internet Pro. May not be combined with other promotional offers. Offer ends 4/30/14.

Below is the promotion I should be receiving but have yet too...

$200 AT&T Reward Card available to new U-verse residential customers for minimum purchase of U-family TV and U-verse Internet Pro. May not be combined with other promotional offers. Offer ends 4/30/14.

9 of 16 (1,159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 6:33:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

As has been stated, normally their best rebate card offers require online ordering, which you obviously did not do.  The sales person may have offered you something the system cannot fulfill.  However, maybe the escalation team that you PM'ed can still offer you some sort of satisfaction.

As has been stated, normally their best rebate card offers require online ordering, which you obviously did not do.  The sales person may have offered you something the system cannot fulfill.  However, maybe the escalation team that you PM'ed can still offer you some sort of satisfaction.

10 of 16 (1,153 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 7:12:01 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you but actually I did order it online.

Thank you but actually I did order it online.

11 of 16 (1,146 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 7:43:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

brinkz1 wrote:

Well ordering online means going online here.

Not chat with an ATT rep.

brinkz1 wrote:

Well ordering online means going online here.

Not chat with an ATT rep.

12 of 16 (1,141 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 9:45:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

Regardless he should not have offered the $200.00 visa card then. We can argue semantics all night.

Regardless he should not have offered the $200.00 visa card then. We can argue semantics all night.

13 of 16 (1,122 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 10:54:45 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by my thoughts on Jan 3, 2014 at 10:58:43 PM

Brinkz1, I am confused,

you started your post (1) by stating you ordered Uverse 250 and 12M internet.
This would be 250 minutes Voip phone service plus Max internet,

current promotion $44.95 for 12 months.
This is a savings of $31.05 per month or $372.60.

Additional order online receive a $50 Visa Card.

You then state in post 7that the $200 Reward Card promotion

you signed up for is minimum purchase of IP TV service plus internet.

This reward cannot be combined with any other promotion,

meaning cannot receive both monthly discount and reward card.

My question is what two services do you have....voip/his a or IP TV/hsia?
The second question is

do you desire a monthly discount with $50 online reward card OR
Pay normal monthly rate (no discount) and receive the $200 Visa reward card.

The first line in the fine print details is....

U-verse Offer Details

New U-verse customers only. Other conditions and restrictions may apply to all offers. Offer(s) may not be combined with other promotional offer(s) on the same service(s). Offer(s) may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice. AT&T employees or retirees not eligible for promotional offer (s).

Brinkz1, I am confused,

you started your post (1) by stating you ordered Uverse 250 and 12M internet.
This would be 250 minutes Voip phone service plus Max internet,

current promotion $44.95 for 12 months.
This is a savings of $31.05 per month or $372.60.

Additional order online receive a $50 Visa Card.

You then state in post 7that the $200 Reward Card promotion

you signed up for is minimum purchase of IP TV service plus internet.

This reward cannot be combined with any other promotion,

meaning cannot receive both monthly discount and reward card.

My question is what two services do you have....voip/his a or IP TV/hsia?
The second question is

do you desire a monthly discount with $50 online reward card OR
Pay normal monthly rate (no discount) and receive the $200 Visa reward card.

The first line in the fine print details is....

U-verse Offer Details

New U-verse customers only. Other conditions and restrictions may apply to all offers. Offer(s) may not be combined with other promotional offer(s) on the same service(s). Offer(s) may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice. AT&T employees or retirees not eligible for promotional offer (s).

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
14 of 16 (1,116 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 11:12:29 PM
(0)
Tutor

The problem "Employee" is your other co "Employee" offered a $200.00 visa gift card for signing up which I did not receive. It's that simple. I received a $50.00 visa card instead, bait & switch? I saved the chat log the night of the order for this various reason. I knew his end of the deal would not be held up.

The problem "Employee" is your other co "Employee" offered a $200.00 visa gift card for signing up which I did not receive. It's that simple. I received a $50.00 visa card instead, bait & switch? I saved the chat log the night of the order for this various reason. I knew his end of the deal would not be held up.

15 of 16 (1,111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 6:20:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Jan 6, 2014 at 6:21:41 AM

brinkz1, ordering via Chat is not what they meant by ordering online (as mentioned before).  The increased rebate is an incentive to use an ordering method without a labor cost, and a chat rep doesn't help there.

That said, I agree that the Chat rep should not have offered you something he couldn't deliver.  If you have not already clicked the PM link given quite a few posts ago, I suggest you do so.  Bantering back and forth with us on the forum isn't going to get you anywhere.  By sending that PM, you can get your issue in the hands of someone who can look at your account and perhaps work something out with you.

Here's that link again. AT&T logoCustomer Service link .  If you provide your account number and the best way and time to reach you, you should hear from them within 1-3 business days.

brinkz1, ordering via Chat is not what they meant by ordering online (as mentioned before).  The increased rebate is an incentive to use an ordering method without a labor cost, and a chat rep doesn't help there.

That said, I agree that the Chat rep should not have offered you something he couldn't deliver.  If you have not already clicked the PM link given quite a few posts ago, I suggest you do so.  Bantering back and forth with us on the forum isn't going to get you anywhere.  By sending that PM, you can get your issue in the hands of someone who can look at your account and perhaps work something out with you.

Here's that link again. AT&T logoCustomer Service link .  If you provide your account number and the best way and time to reach you, you should hear from them within 1-3 business days.

[ Edited ]
16 of 16 (1,052 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments