Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Aug 14, 2013
7:40:36 AM
View profile
Using SSH or Telnet to Reboot 3600HGV

Is it possible to log into the 3600HGV with SSH or Telnet and then run a command to reboot the router? I would like to do this so that I can have a server automatically reboot the router when it is unable to ping out to the internet.

Thanks

Is it possible to log into the 3600HGV with SSH or Telnet and then run a command to reboot the router? I would like to do this so that I can have a server automatically reboot the router when it is unable to ping out to the internet.

Thanks

Using SSH or Telnet to Reboot 3600HGV

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 7:51:31 AM
(0)
Expert
The 3600/3800/3801/3812 gateways do not support SSH or Telnet.

There is a software-actuated reboot capability, but it is only accessible through the web interface.
The 3600/3800/3801/3812 gateways do not support SSH or Telnet.

There is a software-actuated reboot capability, but it is only accessible through the web interface.

Re: Using SSH or Telnet to Reboot 3600HGV

2 of 5 (1,073 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 8:42:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yeah. I know about the reboot in the GUI but, that doesn't help me much when trying to automate it.

Yeah. I know about the reboot in the GUI but, that doesn't help me much when trying to automate it.

3 of 5 (1,050 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 8:53:33 AM
(0)
Expert
With some programming tricks, you could automate the necessary postbacks to the embedded web server to get it to reboot, but it's complex. You would have to pull the logon page, post back the proper password with the hidden variables in the web page, then post back the reboot button action.
With some programming tricks, you could automate the necessary postbacks to the embedded web server to get it to reboot, but it's complex. You would have to pull the logon page, post back the proper password with the hidden variables in the web page, then post back the reboot button action.

4 of 5 (1,044 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2013 7:50:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Scaping and pushing HTML over HTTP is just a little more complicated than pushing text commands over SSH/TELNET.  Especially if the interface stays predictable.

Scaping and pushing HTML over HTTP is just a little more complicated than pushing text commands over SSH/TELNET.  Especially if the interface stays predictable.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (1,015 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments