Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 1, 2013
12:43:09 PM
View profile
Upload speed for Turbo Max...

I have Turbo Max package.  I noticed that my upload speed is is only close to 2MB instead of 3MB.  I am not sure that the upload speed is supposed to be close to 3MB or not.  I searched from the internet and a lot people mentioned about 3MB for upload speed.  Is anyone getting to close to 3MB?

I have Turbo Max package.  I noticed that my upload speed is is only close to 2MB instead of 3MB.  I am not sure that the upload speed is supposed to be close to 3MB or not.  I searched from the internet and a lot people mentioned about 3MB for upload speed.  Is anyone getting to close to 3MB?

Upload speed for Turbo Max...

18 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 5:57:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The maximum upload speed for 24 Mbps down is 3.0 Mbps up.  However, there are a lot of factors that can affect this.  Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

The maximum upload speed for 24 Mbps down is 3.0 Mbps up.  However, there are a lot of factors that can affect this.  Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Upload speed for Turbo Max...

2 of 19 (10,025 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 11:21:28 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks for the response.  I tried with both wired and wireless connection.  My max. upload speed is still the same.  I usually get the upload speed around 1.9 MB.  I have never seen the upload speed reach to 2.0MB or above.  I also check the gateway and it indicated the user rate "Up" speed is 2040kbs.  I am not sure that value is set through AT&T or automatic detect.  I remember this value is always set to this value, even before I upgraded to Turbo Max about 6 months ago.  So I just want to make that the gateway is setup correctly or not...

Thanks for the response.  I tried with both wired and wireless connection.  My max. upload speed is still the same.  I usually get the upload speed around 1.9 MB.  I have never seen the upload speed reach to 2.0MB or above.  I also check the gateway and it indicated the user rate "Up" speed is 2040kbs.  I am not sure that value is set through AT&T or automatic detect.  I remember this value is always set to this value, even before I upgraded to Turbo Max about 6 months ago.  So I just want to make that the gateway is setup correctly or not...

3 of 19 (10,006 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 7:22:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Hm... Can you download the tool from www.uvrealtime.com and post a screenshot of the IP/Profile tab?  (Or capture the RG page that showed the rate information, or both).

Hm... Can you download the tool from www.uvrealtime.com and post a screenshot of the IP/Profile tab?  (Or capture the RG page that showed the rate information, or both).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 19 (9,985 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 5:57:39 PM
(0)
Employee
There is something not right here.....
To subscribe to max turbo must be on 32M/5M profile to support 24/3 internet
If you max user up is 2 then sounds like your on the 25M/2M profile where best internet package available is Max Plus (18/1.5)
Call to tier support to verify your profile and change your internet package if necessary.
There is something not right here.....
To subscribe to max turbo must be on 32M/5M profile to support 24/3 internet
If you max user up is 2 then sounds like your on the 25M/2M profile where best internet package available is Max Plus (18/1.5)
Call to tier support to verify your profile and change your internet package if necessary.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 19 (9,954 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 1:15:12 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks for the response!  I captured the screen shoot for my RG.  It looks like that the RG is setup to 25/2 instead 35/5.

Thanks for the response!  I captured the screen shoot for my RG.  It looks like that the RG is setup to 25/2 instead 35/5.

6 of 19 (9,927 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 10:01:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes, you are on the 25/2 profile.  They should not have sold you 24 Mbps HSI.  Ask for a refund of the difference in price between 24 and 18 from the day they sold it to you.

Now, going forward, they should either drop you to the 18 Mbps HSI, or you might can get your profile raised.  Your max user rate of 55K looks like the 32/5 profile is possible for you.  Ask for them to upgrade your profile so you can keep (and actually use) 24/3.

Yes, you are on the 25/2 profile.  They should not have sold you 24 Mbps HSI.  Ask for a refund of the difference in price between 24 and 18 from the day they sold it to you.

Now, going forward, they should either drop you to the 18 Mbps HSI, or you might can get your profile raised.  Your max user rate of 55K looks like the 32/5 profile is possible for you.  Ask for them to upgrade your profile so you can keep (and actually use) 24/3.

7 of 19 (9,890 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 11:41:51 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks for everyone's input and response!  I spent over half an hour talking to the tier 2 support.  They refuse to change my profile rate due to my current line is working fine and it is within AT&T's acceptable link speed.  They can ether downgrade or upgrade my link (without refund ... of course) and they will not update my profile setting.  According to the tier 2 support, the profile rate can only set through the field technician.  If AT&T set the profile rate too high like (32/5) which can flush my RG and cause problem.  So they propose to dispatch a technician to check the line since I insist my profile setting is under rated.  There is a possible $99 charge if the technician find some problem with my line inside my house (I... guess).  Why do we need someone to come to my house and check the line?  Can they just go to the VRAD and check over there?  They said that the profile change will not make any different with my link speed.  It sounds to me that I am thinking to get a faster speed without paying AT&T...  This is just unacceptable.  I would recommend everyone to check their profile and link setting, so they will not take advantage to the customer; even though they make a mistake from my standpoint to setup my profile incorrectly.  I am planning to drop the Max Turbo and go back to Max plus without paying extra money for not getting the full usage of my line.

Thanks for everyone's input and response!  I spent over half an hour talking to the tier 2 support.  They refuse to change my profile rate due to my current line is working fine and it is within AT&T's acceptable link speed.  They can ether downgrade or upgrade my link (without refund ... of course) and they will not update my profile setting.  According to the tier 2 support, the profile rate can only set through the field technician.  If AT&T set the profile rate too high like (32/5) which can flush my RG and cause problem.  So they propose to dispatch a technician to check the line since I insist my profile setting is under rated.  There is a possible $99 charge if the technician find some problem with my line inside my house (I... guess).  Why do we need someone to come to my house and check the line?  Can they just go to the VRAD and check over there?  They said that the profile change will not make any different with my link speed.  It sounds to me that I am thinking to get a faster speed without paying AT&T...  This is just unacceptable.  I would recommend everyone to check their profile and link setting, so they will not take advantage to the customer; even though they make a mistake from my standpoint to setup my profile incorrectly.  I am planning to drop the Max Turbo and go back to Max plus without paying extra money for not getting the full usage of my line.

8 of 19 (9,818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 7:53:15 AM
(0)
Employee
Suspect issue may be database related.
If database shows your distance over 2200 feet auto set to 25M profile irregardless of max sync obtainable.
A tech dispatch requires verification at end of line RG, not beginning VRAD.
The tech will inspect for dedicated cat5 home run from NID to RG, if not current wiring this would need to be done.
TS is required to notify you of possible charges, before tech is dispatched so customer cannot complain they were not told of possible charges and refuse service call they requested.
Of course a tech visit means a four hour appointment window, may or may not be on time depending on how busy, distance from last call, etc.
The other option seems to be one chosen, go back to what worked before, 18/1.5, best for 25M profile, avoids waiting, possible charges, saves $10 per month.
Suspect issue may be database related.
If database shows your distance over 2200 feet auto set to 25M profile irregardless of max sync obtainable.
A tech dispatch requires verification at end of line RG, not beginning VRAD.
The tech will inspect for dedicated cat5 home run from NID to RG, if not current wiring this would need to be done.
TS is required to notify you of possible charges, before tech is dispatched so customer cannot complain they were not told of possible charges and refuse service call they requested.
Of course a tech visit means a four hour appointment window, may or may not be on time depending on how busy, distance from last call, etc.
The other option seems to be one chosen, go back to what worked before, 18/1.5, best for 25M profile, avoids waiting, possible charges, saves $10 per month.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

9 of 19 (9,797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 8:30:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It is ludicrous that they will not refund the difference between the 24 Mbps tier (which they haven't been providing you due to their own fault) and the 18 Mbps.

Please click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelopein the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

To speed things up, including your Billing Account Number and the best way and time to contact you directly; you may also want to include a link to this forum thread so they can see the history.

These guys will fix you up.  Please report back here and let us know if they were able to get you satisfied or not.

It is ludicrous that they will not refund the difference between the 24 Mbps tier (which they haven't been providing you due to their own fault) and the 18 Mbps.

Please click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelopein the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

To speed things up, including your Billing Account Number and the best way and time to contact you directly; you may also want to include a link to this forum thread so they can see the history.

These guys will fix you up.  Please report back here and let us know if they were able to get you satisfied or not.

10 of 19 (9,784 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 11:06:18 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks to JefferMC's help plus AT&T customer and AT&T U-verse customer support! Especially Morgan from AT&T U-verse support, he was able to help me to update the profile to the correctly setting plus help me to get the refund with my under rated Max Turbo package!  Now my uplink is actually running close to 2.9 instead of 1.8 before the profile update!

I am very appreciated to everyone in this forum willing to help me to troubleshoot and resolve the problem.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Thanks to JefferMC's help plus AT&T customer and AT&T U-verse customer support! Especially Morgan from AT&T U-verse support, he was able to help me to update the profile to the correctly setting plus help me to get the refund with my under rated Max Turbo package!  Now my uplink is actually running close to 2.9 instead of 1.8 before the profile update!

I am very appreciated to everyone in this forum willing to help me to troubleshoot and resolve the problem.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

11 of 19 (9,674 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 3:41:38 AM
(0)
Teacher

It is good that you have had your situation resolved to your satisfaction, but what you had to go through to get it done represents the difficulties I, too, have had in dealing with AT&T customer service.  For my experience, it required me to do the research, initiate contact with employees outside the "normal" support chain (who were very, very helpful) and numerous phone calls (including some hangup's after long times on hold) to get the same result as you: 24/3. I'm sorry, but this is not rocket science.

"Customer support" should be focused entirely on customer support instead of making life more difficult for the customer.

It is good that you have had your situation resolved to your satisfaction, but what you had to go through to get it done represents the difficulties I, too, have had in dealing with AT&T customer service.  For my experience, it required me to do the research, initiate contact with employees outside the "normal" support chain (who were very, very helpful) and numerous phone calls (including some hangup's after long times on hold) to get the same result as you: 24/3. I'm sorry, but this is not rocket science.

"Customer support" should be focused entirely on customer support instead of making life more difficult for the customer.

12 of 19 (9,552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2014 11:50:08 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have exact same problem as chung_c1. I have done ATT chat sessions, phone calls, and had a service tech sent to my house. Contacting tech support through these means has not resolved the problem. I found this forum and have done as JefferMC suggested. I sent a PM and am waiting for a response. My RG shows a 25/2 profile just as chung_c1 screenshot. I have also run UV Realtime with these results

Max Rate: 56.500

Profile Rate: 25.208        2.040

FEC Rate: 0

CRC Rate: 0

Noise Margin: 26.5

Attenuation: 1.9

Power Level : 14.0        -30.4(Yellow but I don't think it is an issue)

Line Capacity: 44.6

Est. Dist. from VRAD: 300ft

Recommended Profile 32.200/5.040 (shows in red)

I can't seem to get in contact with anyone at ATT tech support that knows what I am talking about when I mention profile settings or UV Realtime. Their response is that my connection is acceptable enough not to warrant any further troubleshooting, or I can upgrade my service. Currently I pay for Internet Max Turbo 24/3. I have had this service over a year now and have never got an upload faster than 1.8.

I have exact same problem as chung_c1. I have done ATT chat sessions, phone calls, and had a service tech sent to my house. Contacting tech support through these means has not resolved the problem. I found this forum and have done as JefferMC suggested. I sent a PM and am waiting for a response. My RG shows a 25/2 profile just as chung_c1 screenshot. I have also run UV Realtime with these results

I can't seem to get in contact with anyone at ATT tech support that knows what I am talking about when I mention profile settings or UV Realtime. Their response is that my connection is acceptable enough not to warrant any further troubleshooting, or I can upgrade my service. Currently I pay for Internet Max Turbo 24/3. I have had this service over a year now and have never got an upload faster than 1.8.

13 of 19 (5,727 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2014 12:15:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

tdacus wrote:

You are (as the previous poster was) getting ripped off.  You cannot get 24/3 on a 25/2 connection profile, IMHO they owe you a credit of the difference for the length of time you've been paying for 24/3 on a 25/2 profile.  Of course, my opinion and four quarters will get you a $0.99 cup of coffee somewhere.

With your max rate and short distance, surely they can get you on the 32/5 profile, though the rules may make them roll a truck first.  That PM should get you the right people to get you fixed up.

tdacus wrote:

You are (as the previous poster was) getting ripped off.  You cannot get 24/3 on a 25/2 connection profile, IMHO they owe you a credit of the difference for the length of time you've been paying for 24/3 on a 25/2 profile.  Of course, my opinion and four quarters will get you a $0.99 cup of coffee somewhere.

With your max rate and short distance, surely they can get you on the 32/5 profile, though the rules may make them roll a truck first.  That PM should get you the right people to get you fixed up.

14 of 19 (5,720 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2014 6:45:25 PM
(0)
Expert
With a -30.4 dB upstream power level, he also probably needs an attenuator in the NID for proper operation.
With a -30.4 dB upstream power level, he also probably needs an attenuator in the NID for proper operation.

15 of 19 (5,674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2014 5:55:53 AM
(0)
Tutor

I had a truck come to my house on 03/12/2014, because the tech I had the chat session with said he detected a quality issue with my line. The tech sent on-site noticed more than one line attached to the dmark on my house. Since I do not have an alarm system or have home phone sevice I said he could disconnect the other line. Once the other line was disconnected, my upload went from 1.2 to 1.8. I knew this was not going to fix my overall problem, but I was thankfull to get the line qualitly up. I explained to the tech what the real issue was and he said he would call in to see if there was anything he could do to help. He called me back later and said he wasn't able to get anywhere either. The settings I posted from UV Realtime are after this on-site visit, so they are up to date with how my service is currently setup and running. I sent the PM on the night of the date I mentioned in first sentence of this post. I will post back with an update if/when I get a response back.

I had a truck come to my house on 03/12/2014, because the tech I had the chat session with said he detected a quality issue with my line. The tech sent on-site noticed more than one line attached to the dmark on my house. Since I do not have an alarm system or have home phone sevice I said he could disconnect the other line. Once the other line was disconnected, my upload went from 1.2 to 1.8. I knew this was not going to fix my overall problem, but I was thankfull to get the line qualitly up. I explained to the tech what the real issue was and he said he would call in to see if there was anything he could do to help. He called me back later and said he wasn't able to get anywhere either. The settings I posted from UV Realtime are after this on-site visit, so they are up to date with how my service is currently setup and running. I sent the PM on the night of the date I mentioned in first sentence of this post. I will post back with an update if/when I get a response back.

16 of 19 (5,629 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2014 11:58:38 AM
(0)
Tutor

Just got my service fixed thanks to JefferMC's post with the link to PM customer support. Morgan from ATT U-verse contacted me and was able to set my RG to the correct profile setting. Nothing was said about a reimbursement or credit for the year I spent on the wrong service profile, so I guess I am outta luck on that, but at least my service is correct now. I also told Morgan in my PM that even though I explained in detail what the problem was to tech support, (chat, telephone, on-site visit) all my explaining fell on deaf ears. If I had not found this forum I do not believe this problem would have ever been fixed. I also believe this is a more common problem than known. To me, as a tech myself, this is troubling because a normal user would never know the difference, and even if they did they would have to jump through the same hoops to get the issue resolved.

Just got my service fixed thanks to JefferMC's post with the link to PM customer support. Morgan from ATT U-verse contacted me and was able to set my RG to the correct profile setting. Nothing was said about a reimbursement or credit for the year I spent on the wrong service profile, so I guess I am outta luck on that, but at least my service is correct now. I also told Morgan in my PM that even though I explained in detail what the problem was to tech support, (chat, telephone, on-site visit) all my explaining fell on deaf ears. If I had not found this forum I do not believe this problem would have ever been fixed. I also believe this is a more common problem than known. To me, as a tech myself, this is troubling because a normal user would never know the difference, and even if they did they would have to jump through the same hoops to get the issue resolved.

17 of 19 (5,591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2014 6:22:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by JefferMC on Mar 14, 2014 at 6:29:28 PM

I have found I only get credits that I ask for.   Just sayin'.

I am glad to hear that they got that bridge tap removed and got your profile up to where it should be.

I have found I only get credits that I ask for.   Just sayin'.

I am glad to hear that they got that bridge tap removed and got your profile up to where it should be.

[ Edited ]
18 of 19 (5,553 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2014 10:01:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

I logged into my accout today and had an applied discount for my service, so although nothing was said, I got a discount. To me, applying a discount was the propper thing for ATT to do without asking. Doing business this way they retain a customer, and that customer has more faith that in the future if there is a problem they will be treated with respect. JMO. Thank you again for your help JefferMC, as I said before, without your posts I would not have my service fixed and a discount applied.

I logged into my accout today and had an applied discount for my service, so although nothing was said, I got a discount. To me, applying a discount was the propper thing for ATT to do without asking. Doing business this way they retain a customer, and that customer has more faith that in the future if there is a problem they will be treated with respect. JMO. Thank you again for your help JefferMC, as I said before, without your posts I would not have my service fixed and a discount applied.

19 of 19 (5,498 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments