Upload speed for Turbo Max...

Teacher

Upload speed for Turbo Max...

I have Turbo Max package.  I noticed that my upload speed is is only close to 2MB instead of 3MB.  I am not sure that the upload speed is supposed to be close to 3MB or not.  I searched from the internet and a lot people mentioned about 3MB for upload speed.  Is anyone getting to close to 3MB?

Message 1 of 19 (10,421 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Upload speed for Turbo Max...

The maximum upload speed for 24 Mbps down is 3.0 Mbps up.  However, there are a lot of factors that can affect this.  Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 19 (10,387 Views)
Teacher

Thanks for the response.  I tried with both wired and wireless connection.  My max. upload speed is still the same.  I usually get the upload speed around 1.9 MB.  I have never seen the upload speed reach to 2.0MB or above.  I also check the gateway and it indicated the user rate "Up" speed is 2040kbs.  I am not sure that value is set through AT&T or automatic detect.  I remember this value is always set to this value, even before I upgraded to Turbo Max about 6 months ago.  So I just want to make that the gateway is setup correctly or not...

Message 3 of 19 (10,368 Views)
ACE - Expert

Hm... Can you download the tool from www.uvrealtime.com and post a screenshot of the IP/Profile tab?  (Or capture the RG page that showed the rate information, or both).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 19 (10,347 Views)
Employee

There is something not right here.....
To subscribe to max turbo must be on 32M/5M profile to support 24/3 internet
If you max user up is 2 then sounds like your on the 25M/2M profile where best internet package available is Max Plus (18/1.5)
Call to tier support to verify your profile and change your internet package if necessary.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 19 (10,316 Views)
Teacher

Thanks for the response!  I captured the screen shoot for my RG.  It looks like that the RG is setup to 25/2 instead 35/5.

Message 6 of 19 (10,289 Views)
ACE - Expert

Yes, you are on the 25/2 profile.  They should not have sold you 24 Mbps HSI.  Ask for a refund of the difference in price between 24 and 18 from the day they sold it to you.

Now, going forward, they should either drop you to the 18 Mbps HSI, or you might can get your profile raised.  Your max user rate of 55K looks like the 32/5 profile is possible for you.  Ask for them to upgrade your profile so you can keep (and actually use) 24/3.

Message 7 of 19 (10,252 Views)
Teacher

Thanks for everyone's input and response!  I spent over half an hour talking to the tier 2 support.  They refuse to change my profile rate due to my current line is working fine and it is within AT&T's acceptable link speed.  They can ether downgrade or upgrade my link (without refund ... of course) and they will not update my profile setting.  According to the tier 2 support, the profile rate can only set through the field technician.  If AT&T set the profile rate too high like (32/5) which can flush my RG and cause problem.  So they propose to dispatch a technician to check the line since I insist my profile setting is under rated.  There is a possible $99 charge if the technician find some problem with my line inside my house (I... guess).  Why do we need someone to come to my house and check the line?  Can they just go to the VRAD and check over there?  They said that the profile change will not make any different with my link speed.  It sounds to me that I am thinking to get a faster speed without paying AT&T...  This is just unacceptable.  I would recommend everyone to check their profile and link setting, so they will not take advantage to the customer; even though they make a mistake from my standpoint to setup my profile incorrectly.  I am planning to drop the Max Turbo and go back to Max plus without paying extra money for not getting the full usage of my line.

Message 8 of 19 (10,180 Views)
Employee

Suspect issue may be database related.
If database shows your distance over 2200 feet auto set to 25M profile irregardless of max sync obtainable.
A tech dispatch requires verification at end of line RG, not beginning VRAD.
The tech will inspect for dedicated cat5 home run from NID to RG, if not current wiring this would need to be done.
TS is required to notify you of possible charges, before tech is dispatched so customer cannot complain they were not told of possible charges and refuse service call they requested.
Of course a tech visit means a four hour appointment window, may or may not be on time depending on how busy, distance from last call, etc.
The other option seems to be one chosen, go back to what worked before, 18/1.5, best for 25M profile, avoids waiting, possible charges, saves $10 per month.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 19 (10,159 Views)
ACE - Expert

It is ludicrous that they will not refund the difference between the 24 Mbps tier (which they haven't been providing you due to their own fault) and the 18 Mbps.

Please click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelopein the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

To speed things up, including your Billing Account Number and the best way and time to contact you directly; you may also want to include a link to this forum thread so they can see the history.

These guys will fix you up.  Please report back here and let us know if they were able to get you satisfied or not.

Message 10 of 19 (10,146 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Thanks to JefferMC's help plus AT&T customer and AT&T U-verse customer support! Especially Morgan from AT&T U-verse support, he was able to help me to update the profile to the correctly setting plus help me to get the refund with my under rated Max Turbo package!  Now my uplink is actually running close to 2.9 instead of 1.8 before the profile update!

I am very appreciated to everyone in this forum willing to help me to troubleshoot and resolve the problem.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 19 (10,036 Views)
Teacher

It is good that you have had your situation resolved to your satisfaction, but what you had to go through to get it done represents the difficulties I, too, have had in dealing with AT&T customer service.  For my experience, it required me to do the research, initiate contact with employees outside the "normal" support chain (who were very, very helpful) and numerous phone calls (including some hangup's after long times on hold) to get the same result as you: 24/3. I'm sorry, but this is not rocket science.

"Customer support" should be focused entirely on customer support instead of making life more difficult for the customer.

Message 12 of 19 (9,914 Views)
Tutor

I have exact same problem as chung_c1. I have done ATT chat sessions, phone calls, and had a service tech sent to my house. Contacting tech support through these means has not resolved the problem. I found this forum and have done as JefferMC suggested. I sent a PM and am waiting for a response. My RG shows a 25/2 profile just as chung_c1 screenshot. I have also run UV Realtime with these results

Max Rate: 56.500

Profile Rate: 25.208        2.040

FEC Rate: 0

CRC Rate: 0

Noise Margin: 26.5

Attenuation: 1.9

Power Level : 14.0        -30.4(Yellow but I don't think it is an issue)

Line Capacity: 44.6

Est. Dist. from VRAD: 300ft

Recommended Profile 32.200/5.040 (shows in red)

I can't seem to get in contact with anyone at ATT tech support that knows what I am talking about when I mention profile settings or UV Realtime. Their response is that my connection is acceptable enough not to warrant any further troubleshooting, or I can upgrade my service. Currently I pay for Internet Max Turbo 24/3. I have had this service over a year now and have never got an upload faster than 1.8.

Message 13 of 19 (6,089 Views)
ACE - Expert

tdacus wrote:

I have exact same problem as chung_c1. I have done ATT chat sessions, phone calls, and had a service tech sent to my house. Contacting tech support through these means has not resolved the problem. I found this forum and have done as JefferMC suggested. I sent a PM and am waiting for a response. My RG shows a 25/2 profile just as chung_c1 screenshot. I have also run UV Realtime with these results

Max Rate: 56.500

Profile Rate: 25.208        2.040

FEC Rate: 0

CRC Rate: 0

Noise Margin: 26.5

Attenuation: 1.9

Power Level : 14.0        -30.4(Yellow but I don't think it is an issue)

Line Capacity: 44.6

Est. Dist. from VRAD: 300ft

Recommended Profile 32.200/5.040 (shows in red)

I can't seem to get in contact with anyone at ATT tech support that knows what I am talking about when I mention profile settings or UV Realtime. Their response is that my connection is acceptable enough not to warrant any further troubleshooting, or I can upgrade my service. Currently I pay for Internet Max Turbo 24/3. I have had this service over a year now and have never got an upload faster than 1.8.

You are (as the previous poster was) getting ripped off.  You cannot get 24/3 on a 25/2 connection profile, IMHO they owe you a credit of the difference for the length of time you've been paying for 24/3 on a 25/2 profile.  Of course, my opinion and four quarters will get you a $0.99 cup of coffee somewhere.

With your max rate and short distance, surely they can get you on the 32/5 profile, though the rules may make them roll a truck first.  That PM should get you the right people to get you fixed up.

Message 14 of 19 (6,082 Views)
Expert

With a -30.4 dB upstream power level, he also probably needs an attenuator in the NID for proper operation.
Message 15 of 19 (6,036 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.