Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 23, 2013
10:42:39 AM
View profile
Upload speed confusion

Contacted several ATT representatives today who have told me two different answers.  The MAX PLUS service was supposed to have a 1.5 Mbps upload speed.  The technical support told me the speed was 800 Kbps cap and the New account services and billing confirmed the 1.5 Mbps.  

Can anyone tell me what I'm actually supposed to be capped at?

Contacted several ATT representatives today who have told me two different answers.  The MAX PLUS service was supposed to have a 1.5 Mbps upload speed.  The technical support told me the speed was 800 Kbps cap and the New account services and billing confirmed the 1.5 Mbps.  

Can anyone tell me what I'm actually supposed to be capped at?

Upload speed confusion

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 10:45:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

1.5.  I get about 1.53 on speed test.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

1.5.  I get about 1.53 on speed test.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Upload speed confusion

2 of 5 (263 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 10:46:20 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the confirmation.  They told me the 800 was what it's supposed to be at.  I'm not sure how to explain to them otherwise.

Thanks for the confirmation.  They told me the 800 was what it's supposed to be at.  I'm not sure how to explain to them otherwise.

3 of 5 (260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 10:56:18 AM
(0)
Contributor

Can you think of any reason the answers may have been different between the two departments?  Did they change their upload at any time?

Can you think of any reason the answers may have been different between the two departments?  Did they change their upload at any time?

4 of 5 (239 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 11:20:00 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi Hartbr,

I apologize about all the inconveniences and the massive confusion. With U-verse, there are actually 2 different circuit types out there. With that, the speeds differ due to the physical limitations in that particular area. With your circuit type, you are actually provided a lower upload, so you can have a higher download at the distance you are away from are main serving unit. But the representative that stated your upload speed of 800Kbp/s is correct.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi Hartbr,

I apologize about all the inconveniences and the massive confusion. With U-verse, there are actually 2 different circuit types out there. With that, the speeds differ due to the physical limitations in that particular area. With your circuit type, you are actually provided a lower upload, so you can have a higher download at the distance you are away from are main serving unit. But the representative that stated your upload speed of 800Kbp/s is correct.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (227 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments