Upgrading to 45Mbps, but when does it start?

Teacher

Upgrading to 45Mbps, but when does it start?

A tech visited my home on Monday to fix a problem. I asked about the possibility of upgrading to 45Mbps. He said it was possible and proceded to work 2 hours on upgrading everything.

But he wasn't able to get the speed turned on because it was a holiday - he said. Tomorrow, first thing - he said. Hasn't happened.

I've tried to find out when it will be "turned on" but am only hearing it takes 5-7 days to activate.

I called to try to find out why but got no good response. (My supervisor told me - I was told)

Is this normal? Do I just keep testing the speed to see when the switch is flipped?

Message 1 of 20
Employee

Re: Upgrading to 45Mbps, but when does it start?

As OP us now bonded install... the options are either bonded 25 with Max Plus or 55 with Power.

The Turbo is single install only.

Considering line1 numbers surprised OP was even on a 25 profile should have been 19 with Max 12M as best internet.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 20
ACE - Expert

Sorry, I used the word "Turbo" (24) when I meant to use "Power" (45).

Good point about line 1.  They may have connected the old line 1 to the line 2 port of the NVG 589.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 20
Teacher

Word from the tech this morning - On paper(online), my neighborhood is supposed to already be prepared for the higher speeds. They are working to upgrade whatever is lacking to make it happen.

I will update here, if/when it happens.

Thanks for the help.

Message 18 of 20
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

You have a line problem and a profile configuration issue keeping you from Power (45 Mbps).  The line problem must be fixed before the configuration may be changed.

A tech needs to come fix your line problem.  Once that is fixed, they can upgrade your profile.  Once your profile is upgraded to 55 Mbps, they can give you 45 Mbps HSI.

Your neighborhood seems to be ready for Power, because you're almost there yourself.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 20
Teacher

I thought I'd follow up to this because, after 3 months, I finally got 45Mbps speed.
I let things drop in June when no one would get back to me regarding upgrading my service.
Then a couple of weeks ago, the TV sevice started "freezing", "stuttering" whatever you call it.
A tech came and repaired the service. "Can I get 45 speed?" I asked. After testing things outside the house (and replacing a "card" in the box) he said no problem, call uverse to get it started.
Of course I call uverse and am told 45 speeds aren't available in Nashville. Not true I say, can I talk to someone higher up? The next person says it is available, just not at your address. "But it shows as available to both my neighbors, how come?" This went on for a couple of days before I finally found a rep who did some digging and agreed that I should be able to get it. So a tech was dispatched to bring new equipment. Now I told them that I already had the needed equipment, but of course I was mistaken - I was told. The tech arrived and after agreeing that I already had the correct equipment, began trying to figure out why the 45 service wasn't working. An hour and two additional techs later the last one found the problem. The original install had left two wires able to touch, in the wall. That was the technical issue.
I do appreciate that the determination that the techs showed in figuring out the issue. They pulled the last tech off another job, to find the problem.
It is frustrating that it took repeated calls and demands to move up the chain to convince people that I could get 45 speeds.
I advise folks to do your research and be persistant.
Message 20 of 20
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support