Upgrade to 45 Mbps? What is involved with the upgrade?

Upgrade to 45 Mbps? What is involved with the upgrade?

Just saw that U-verse is offering a 45Mbps service. Have seen conflicting posts about what is involved for the upgrade.

Can anyone enlighten me about what needs to happen to get this service. I currently have coax running to my RG in my office.

Thanks,

Toby 

Message 1 of 4 (1,074 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Upgrade to 45 Mbps? What is involved with the upgrade?

See My Thoughts' post here:

http://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-Internet-Service/45-mbps/m-p/3628157#M1169

Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (1,071 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

i learned on tues coax will not work for 45 mbps only way it's possbile to have that speed is for you before tech comes or the tech run a cat five cable from your nid outside to location of your gateway no way around it.

Message 3 of 4 (931 Views)
ACE - Expert

It is true that it has been listed as a requirement to have a Cat 5 home run from the NID to the RG for the profiles above the 32/5 profile.  You need a profile above 32/5 to get 45 Mbps HSI.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (830 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.