Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 3, 2013
10:37:29 AM
View profile
Up to 45 days for refund of credit on the account?

I have been a customer with Uverse for the past 4 years and recently due to a move I had to cancel my Uverse service.  I didn't want to cancel but the area where my home is just doesn't offer it.  I called AT&T customer support and told them my disconnect date but somehow my next bill included the whole month and wasn't prorated. 

I then called again and got it correct and I ended up with more than $77 dollars credit.  I asked for it to be mailed to me and I was told I might have to wait up to 45 days!!?? When payments are done instantly over the phone or online with credit card or bank accounts, I do not see how mailed checks can take 1.5 months. 

This is just horrible customer service.  How can AT&T except to win back any customers with this type of refund policy? 

I have been a customer with Uverse for the past 4 years and recently due to a move I had to cancel my Uverse service.  I didn't want to cancel but the area where my home is just doesn't offer it.  I called AT&T customer support and told them my disconnect date but somehow my next bill included the whole month and wasn't prorated. 

I then called again and got it correct and I ended up with more than $77 dollars credit.  I asked for it to be mailed to me and I was told I might have to wait up to 45 days!!?? When payments are done instantly over the phone or online with credit card or bank accounts, I do not see how mailed checks can take 1.5 months. 

This is just horrible customer service.  How can AT&T except to win back any customers with this type of refund policy? 

Up to 45 days for refund of credit on the account?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2013 5:29:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

gtung99 wrote:

AT&T does Uverse billing on a monthly basis. Your account is "refreshed" (for lack of a better word) one time a month only. Any changes that happen after that date one month will not be reflected until that date the next month. 

For example, let's say your billing date is the 15th. If credits were issued on November 16th, the system wouldn't recognize a credit balance until December 15th. At that point the account would be zeroed out and a refund mailed. Printing and mailing a check can easily take a week or two. 

It's an inconvenience, sure, but not the "horrible customer service" you make it out to be.

gtung99 wrote:

AT&T does Uverse billing on a monthly basis. Your account is "refreshed" (for lack of a better word) one time a month only. Any changes that happen after that date one month will not be reflected until that date the next month. 

For example, let's say your billing date is the 15th. If credits were issued on November 16th, the system wouldn't recognize a credit balance until December 15th. At that point the account would be zeroed out and a refund mailed. Printing and mailing a check can easily take a week or two. 

It's an inconvenience, sure, but not the "horrible customer service" you make it out to be.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Up to 45 days for refund of credit on the account?

2 of 3 (292 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2013 10:00:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

gtung99 wrote:

Click on the link in my sig for AT&T Customer Care, they are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service.  They can help you get this resolved.  Send them a PM with you info and this issue and they wi8ll be n touch with you.  Watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification.  As they will reply to you via PM as well.

gtung99 wrote:

Click on the link in my sig for AT&T Customer Care, they are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service.  They can help you get this resolved.  Send them a PM with you info and this issue and they wi8ll be n touch with you.  Watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification.  As they will reply to you via PM as well.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Up to 45 days for refund of credit on the account?

3 of 3 (268 Views)