Universal Sports Network

Mentor

Universal Sports Network

Bright House, Dish, Cox, Direct TV have it but Uverse?  No.  How Come?

Message 1 of 22 (5,374 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Universal Sports Network

No carriage agreement.  You can put in your request here: http://uversechannels.att.com/

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 22 (5,373 Views)
Mentor

Yeah like they read these post and respond to a request.

Message 3 of 22 (5,331 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

gmsuv wrote:

Yeah like they read these post and respond to a request. 

No, the link sends the information to a separate database which logs the request.  That database is separate from this forum or reading posts on this forum.

As far as responding to requests, yes it does happen.  A number of channels have been added where many were posting requests in the link mentioned above. Just because you may not see a particular channel that you are requesting added in the time frame that you think it should be does not mean that AT&T does not pay attention to these requests. It's all about the Benjamin's.  Adding a channel has to make both good business and economic sense before it will be added.

Message 4 of 22 (5,325 Views)
ACE - Expert

By and large, new networks get added when the current contract for the new network's sister channels comes up for negotation.  I don't know when the other Universal channels (e.g. USA, CNBC, etc) will come up, but the best chance is then.

BTW, if you didn't think AT&T would read your post... why did you post it?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 22 (5,311 Views)
Expert

JefferMC wrote:

By and large, new networks get added when the current contract for the new network's sister channels comes up for negotiation.  I don't know when the other Universal channels (e.g. USA, CNBC, etc) will come up, but the best chance is then.

BTW, if you didn't think AT&T would read your post... why did you post it? 

Actually, depsite what the name of the channel might imply, NBC Universal only has a small non-controlling interest (8%) in Universal Sports.  They have no control over the negotiation of carriage agreement for that channel.  In fact Comcast, who owns NBC Universal, does not even carry Universal Sports!  Thus, renewed of channels owned by NBC Universal will have no bearing on carriage of Universal Sports.

Message 6 of 22 (5,305 Views)
Mentor

I did a search on this forum for Universal Sports and there are  postings as far as 2009 requesting that this channel be added so I am not the only one wanting it.  

Message 7 of 22 (5,293 Views)
Expert

gmsuv wrote:

I did a search on this forum for Universal Sports and there are  postings as far as 2009 requesting that this channel be added so I am not the only one wanting it.  

No one ever said that you were.

Message 8 of 22 (5,286 Views)
Scholar

Universal Sports Network...the new HALLMARK channel! 

Message 9 of 22 (5,264 Views)
ACE - Expert

I see and stand corrected.  I fell victim the the branding. Smiley Embarassed

Message 10 of 22 (5,241 Views)

beatfan4 wrote:

Universal Sports Network...the new HALLMARK channel! 

Smiley Very Happy

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 11 of 22 (5,199 Views)
Contributor

My sister said that she was misled by a sales agent on the phone into believing AT&T carries Universal Sports. Once she made the switch from her previous provider she found out it was actually U-Verse Sports. She said the agents when she called to complain seemed unfamiliar with the NBC version of Universal Sports. They kept insisting that they DID carry it - but it's U-Verse that they were actually talking about. It took a few rounds before she made them understand - and then they admitted they didn't carry it after all. She went back to Dish I believe because she likes to watch all of the Olympic sports that are no longer shown on regular channels. I do too. Very disappointing. 

I submitted the request for the channel but if people have been asking for it for over 4 or 5 years then I don't see it happening any time soon. Smiley Mad

Message 12 of 22 (5,075 Views)

So, you are able to watch the Olympics that haven't even started yet.  Can I take to you to Vegas so I can place bets?

margtud wrote:

My sister said that she was misled by a sales agent on the phone into believing AT&T carries Universal Sports. Once she made the switch from her previous provider she found out it was actually U-Verse Sports. She said the agents when she called to complain seemed unfamiliar with the NBC version of Universal Sports. They kept insisting that they DID carry it - but it's U-Verse that they were actually talking about. It took a few rounds before she made them understand - and then they admitted they didn't carry it after all. She went back to Dish I believe because she likes to watch all of the Olympic sports that are no longer shown on regular channels. I do too. Very disappointing. 

I submitted the request for the channel but if people have been asking for it for over 4 or 5 years then I don't see it happening any time soon. Smiley Mad

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 13 of 22 (5,050 Views)
Scholar

It's perfectly legitimate to want the Universal Sports Channel and yes, they do carry Olympic Sports all year around for those that like that kind of thing.

http://universalsports.com/

U-Verse built a brand partially based on having every channel imaginable but having captured market share, they've reversed course. Channel acquisition is clearly not a priority.

Message 14 of 22 (5,012 Views)
ACE - Master

They do seem to have some very interesting sports ... more so than stick and ball types.  I also wonder if NBC may use this channel as an overflow for NASCAR, F1 or other motorsports?

Message 15 of 22 (4,951 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.