Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 21, 2014
9:39:36 PM
View profile
Unbelievable! Sales tells me I am imagining 300 Mbps service!!??

I have never had such a difficult time trying to order something. Ever. Is it me or does the sales and marketing department at AT&T not know its own product?  After more than two hours total on the phone (and using up my cell minutes in the process), I keep getting the run around on ordering 300 Mbps Service In an area where service exists and multiple neighbors have it.  In fact, I was told point blank by multiple sales people it does not exist at all. And that they couldn't see it on their own web searches of their own product sites. 

Never have I run into such incompetence!  Have anyone else had this many problems?

In any case, it appears that the "premier" gigapower service is a monitored service where I must give AT&T permission to spy on my browsing so they can deliver "targeted advertising". Anyone know if I can opt out of this?  it would matter only if I can get it through some salesperson that I have access to this service of course!

I have never had such a difficult time trying to order something. Ever. Is it me or does the sales and marketing department at AT&T not know its own product?  After more than two hours total on the phone (and using up my cell minutes in the process), I keep getting the run around on ordering 300 Mbps Service In an area where service exists and multiple neighbors have it.  In fact, I was told point blank by multiple sales people it does not exist at all. And that they couldn't see it on their own web searches of their own product sites. 

Never have I run into such incompetence!  Have anyone else had this many problems?

In any case, it appears that the "premier" gigapower service is a monitored service where I must give AT&T permission to spy on my browsing so they can deliver "targeted advertising". Anyone know if I can opt out of this?  it would matter only if I can get it through some salesperson that I have access to this service of course!

Unbelievable! Sales tells me I am imagining 300 Mbps service!!??

5 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 1:40:37 PM
(0)
Mentor

Send a PM to ATTU-verseCare and they should(!) be able to help you (the blue envelope, top right)

Send a PM to ATTU-verseCare and they should(!) be able to help you (the blue envelope, top right)

Re: Unbelievable! Sales tells me I am imagining 300 Mbps service!!??

2 of 6 (647 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2014 4:36:01 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @Trematode,

I apologize about the issues you are having trying to order U-verse services, and all the different information you are receiving.

When it comes to ordering the GigaPower service, you can do it online. Just go to this site and click on the check availability and go through the prompts.

Also, you can definitely opt out of the monitoring service, but it may effect the cost.

U-verse with GigaPower Internet Preferences

Change your AT&T Internet Preferences

What if I change my mind after I order the U-verse with GigaPower Premier Offer and don't want to participate in AT&T Internet Preferences?

That's OK. You can change at any time, but this may result in a price difference. Please call AT&T Care at 866.324.4737 to remove AT&T Internet Preferences from your U-verse with GigaPower Internet service.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi @Trematode,

I apologize about the issues you are having trying to order U-verse services, and all the different information you are receiving.

When it comes to ordering the GigaPower service, you can do it online. Just go to this site and click on the check availability and go through the prompts.

Also, you can definitely opt out of the monitoring service, but it may effect the cost.

U-verse with GigaPower Internet Preferences

Change your AT&T Internet Preferences

What if I change my mind after I order the U-verse with GigaPower Premier Offer and don't want to participate in AT&T Internet Preferences?

That's OK. You can change at any time, but this may result in a price difference. Please call AT&T Care at 866.324.4737 to remove AT&T Internet Preferences from your U-verse with GigaPower Internet service.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 6 (633 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 5:08:34 AM
(0)
Tutor

There is a way to opt out of targeted advertising. You pay AT&T more per month.

There is a way to opt out of targeted advertising. You pay AT&T more per month.

4 of 6 (560 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 11:16:19 AM
(0)
Voyager

I have had nothing but problems with AT&T.  I have tried to establish service in a "AT&T connected community" for over 5 weeks and still have not gotten anywhere.  I have spent over 16 hours on the phone with customer service, repair, dispatch and more to have them set an appointment for an install.  I finally had a date set - 4/23 - to come out and install a phone line.  All I really want from them is Internet, not a phone line, but they said my address does not exist and all they can give me is a landline.  What is funny about the whole situation is that I talked with the AT&T Fiber Tech (gigapower) that was splicing wires on my street 4 weeks ago and said we are ready to go...but AT&T customer service says we are non-existent.  I have been placed on hold to talk to representatives for over 30 mins, just to have them not come back on the line or they just disconnect me because they don't want to deal with me.

I have filed a FCC complaint against them on poor service, false advertisement, and them creating a monopoly.  I have a sign in the entrance of my neighborhood that says our neighborhood is U-verse connected.  I have contact Time Warner to see if they can install and the responded that they "were not allowed by AT&T" to service my area....sounds like a monopoly to me!  This company is the absolute worse when it comes to customer service.  

After they missed by install date yesterday, I have spent 4 hours on the phone trying to get them to reschedule and they said the earliest they could come out is in 1 week...even though they were the ones who missed the install date.  I took off a day from work so I could be available for the install, will they reimburse my for my time!

Good Luck everyone with the company!

I have had nothing but problems with AT&T.  I have tried to establish service in a "AT&T connected community" for over 5 weeks and still have not gotten anywhere.  I have spent over 16 hours on the phone with customer service, repair, dispatch and more to have them set an appointment for an install.  I finally had a date set - 4/23 - to come out and install a phone line.  All I really want from them is Internet, not a phone line, but they said my address does not exist and all they can give me is a landline.  What is funny about the whole situation is that I talked with the AT&T Fiber Tech (gigapower) that was splicing wires on my street 4 weeks ago and said we are ready to go...but AT&T customer service says we are non-existent.  I have been placed on hold to talk to representatives for over 30 mins, just to have them not come back on the line or they just disconnect me because they don't want to deal with me.

I have filed a FCC complaint against them on poor service, false advertisement, and them creating a monopoly.  I have a sign in the entrance of my neighborhood that says our neighborhood is U-verse connected.  I have contact Time Warner to see if they can install and the responded that they "were not allowed by AT&T" to service my area....sounds like a monopoly to me!  This company is the absolute worse when it comes to customer service.  

After they missed by install date yesterday, I have spent 4 hours on the phone trying to get them to reschedule and they said the earliest they could come out is in 1 week...even though they were the ones who missed the install date.  I took off a day from work so I could be available for the install, will they reimburse my for my time!

Good Luck everyone with the company!

5 of 6 (538 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2014 11:30:05 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi @maigner16,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having getting the GigaPower service, but I would be glad to help. I will have my team send you a private message, so we can grab some information and discuss this further.

-David T

Hi @maigner16,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having getting the GigaPower service, but I would be glad to help. I will have my team send you a private message, so we can grab some information and discuss this further.

-David T

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (534 Views)