Unable to Order New Service Online...

Contributor

Unable to Order New Service Online...

[ Edited ]

Like the topic says, I wanted to start new service by ordering online to take advantage of advertised discounts and rewards incentives.  The online process went well, until I completed the page where one agrees to an install date.  When I selected the "next" button, instead of getting the "Congratulations" screen, I was taken back to the top of the new order screen with my order still in my cart.  Repeated attempts gave the same result.  Same behavior in both Firefox and Internet Explorer.  No other vendor or financial sites cause me any problems with scripted transactions.  I tried resolving with the online chat representative and he could not help.  I next tried calling in the order, but the telephone agent was not authorized to give me the extra $50 rewards card guarantee for ordering online, even though I had tried to do so repeatedly.  The online site malfunctions and the potential customer is denied an advertised incentive?  Not very good service for a potential customer and it has kept me from becoming a customer thus far.  Moreover, I have three separate $1 verification charges to my American Express (3 attempts at completing my online order...).  Overall, a very bad couple of frustrating hours.  Just my 2 cents (or should I say 3 bucks?) on my first AT&T experience...

Message 1 of 2 (258 Views)
Highlighted
Community Support

Re: Unable to Order New Service Online...

Oh no mikengail, I'm so sorry you weren't able to process your order. This is the first I've heard of this issue. We'd certainly like to help. Send us a private message here with your contact information. We have a team of managers who are ready and willing to assist.  Once we receive your PM please allow up to 24-48 hours for them to be in touch. 

Thank you for your post! 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (209 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.