Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 5, 2014
8:56:36 AM
View profile
Ubiquity Unifi AP LR and connecting to Uverse 3800HGV-B GATEWAY

Hi,

I've been pulling my hair for days on this problem problem.

I just bought a brand new Unifi AP, follow all instructions, installed all software, took down all firewalls (actually, the gateway just lets me do a pin hole, not disable it completely), and ended up (and still am) in a 3 day customer service email odyssey with the Ubiquiti network guys and have not yet found a solution.

I'm apalled that I'm the only person who's tried to use Ubiquiti and Uverse.

Judging by the posts around here, it seems like it may be a Uverse gateway issue. Since I'm trying to either make the AP a true Access point or wi-fi range extender, I figured I would follow the posts describing how to set up a router to the 3800HGV... however, a lot of those posts say what to do, but not how to do it. In some cases, those posts that do have instructions get into the BIOS, etc. which sounds super complicated for something that is not supposed to be.

Plus, I'm not an IT guy so, once you start talking about BIOS, or SSH I know I'm toast.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi,

I've been pulling my hair for days on this problem problem.

I just bought a brand new Unifi AP, follow all instructions, installed all software, took down all firewalls (actually, the gateway just lets me do a pin hole, not disable it completely), and ended up (and still am) in a 3 day customer service email odyssey with the Ubiquiti network guys and have not yet found a solution.

I'm apalled that I'm the only person who's tried to use Ubiquiti and Uverse.

Judging by the posts around here, it seems like it may be a Uverse gateway issue. Since I'm trying to either make the AP a true Access point or wi-fi range extender, I figured I would follow the posts describing how to set up a router to the 3800HGV... however, a lot of those posts say what to do, but not how to do it. In some cases, those posts that do have instructions get into the BIOS, etc. which sounds super complicated for something that is not supposed to be.

Plus, I'm not an IT guy so, once you start talking about BIOS, or SSH I know I'm toast.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Ubiquity Unifi AP LR and connecting to Uverse 3800HGV-B GATEWAY

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 6:19:04 PM
(0)
Expert

As I understand it, the Ubiquiti Unifi is just a wireless access point.  This is fairly trivial to set up, using:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-anoth...

No pinhole or other configuration on the U-Verse gateway should be necessary.

It would help a lot if you told us what it is you're actually trying to do.

As I understand it, the Ubiquiti Unifi is just a wireless access point.  This is fairly trivial to set up, using:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-another-AT-amp/m-p/2723261#M313

No pinhole or other configuration on the U-Verse gateway should be necessary.

It would help a lot if you told us what it is you're actually trying to do.

Re: Ubiquity Unifi AP LR and connecting to Uverse 3800HGV-B GATEWAY

2 of 2 (973 Views)