UVerse coming to me soon ?

Contributor

UVerse coming to me soon ?

How in the world can I find out is UVerse is coming to my neighborhood soon ? I want to stay with ATT and DirecTV but Extreme 6 DSL is just getting too slow with kids on iPads etc. My only other option is Comcast. Currently not here but it is about half a mile up the road. Can anyone direct me to a schedule ? I would be ok if I knew in six months or so it woul dbe here. Thoughts ?

Thanks,

BArry

Message 1 of 6 (442 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: UVerse coming to me soon ?

Your best bets are to (a) look for construction crews laying fiber conduit and/or constructing the VRAD (looks a bit like a cross-connection box, only with a power meter) within a mile of your home, and (b) look for public posts of requests to local public utility commission/video franchising authorities from AT&T to service your area.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (427 Views)
Employee

it will look like these

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6 (374 Views)
ACE - Expert

Notice that the power meter hasn't been installed on the VRAD in the second picture.  It's not in service yet.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (359 Views)
Employee

JefferMC wrote:

Notice that the power meter hasn't been installed on the VRAD in the second picture.  It's not in service yet.

This is true however the date stamp on the pic is 2008, one would assume its in service by now

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 6 (340 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Constructive wrote:

This is true however the date stamp on the pic is 2008, one would assume its in service by now

One would definitely hope so.

Message 6 of 6 (334 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.