UVERSE TV Freezing/Skipping

Contributor

UVERSE TV Freezing/Skipping

[ Edited ]

For quite some time now My Uverse TV has been skipping/freezing. I have Uverse internet and TV with 4 TV's hooked up and now it seems to be the DVR doing the most skipping. I am unable to fix DVR from skipping until it resolves on its own but I can fix the others with unpluging and pluging it. They will still skip but not as bad. It also seems worse when HD Channels are being watched. Over the past month I have had a total of 4 Tech's from AT&T come out. They have switched out the fiber box, DVR and Modem (I now have a grey modem opposed to the black one). They also gave me an electrical strip to plug in the modem into. But still my TV is skipping and it seems to be worse. The tech told me to look at the modem when it skips/freezes and see what lights are on. When it skips it seems like the modem is normal. However one tech was able to come out while it was skipping and my connection number was 8 opposed to the number being greater than 96. But by the time they leave everything is great with no problems. I have tried unpluging the modem and pluging it back in after 5 mintues and it will work for a few mintues and go back to freezing/skipping. I downloaded UV Realtime but it states I have a FTTP Connection and will not give me any info. Does anyone know how to fix this skipping/freezing problem?

Attached it what UV Realtime states

Message 1 of 3 (6,243 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: UVERSE TV Freezing/Skipping

Since you are on FTTP, I'd contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your problems. They are available M-F 7am-10pm CST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (6,224 Views)
Contributor

Re: UVERSE TV Freezing/Skipping

I have been a customer for 6 years, the first 5 have been pretty good. Now the picture freezes as well as internet and phone service goes down. Absolute problem with the service lines. I see them out daily.Need this resolved.

Message 3 of 3 (5,291 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.