UVERSE - Not what I signed up for

Contributor

UVERSE - Not what I signed up for

I signed up over the phone for UVERSE because my AT&T DSL service was not working. Was told there would be $100 rewards card that I could use towards the $100 fee they would charge me to get UVERSE installed.  Never received the rewards card.

Was told they would take $15 off my next bill for the disruption in my service.  That never happened either. 

Was told my new internet bill would be $39 per month, asked the agent 4 times to confirm that price. Received my first bill and it's states that my montly charge is $46 per month. 

Called customer service and they said that the agent gave me the wrong price, that there was no such offer of $39 per month and there was nothing they could do. Total scam!  I will be looking for another provider! It seems from reading messages I'm not the only one. Is there no such thing anymore as honoring a verbal contract? Has anyone contacted the BBB?

Message 1 of 6 (576 Views)

Re: UVERSE - Not what I signed up for

Perhaps you have already decided to switch, but if you're interested in getting things straightened out, there's a good way to try.  

I would suggest that you contact AT&T Customer Care via private message. These are not the same people as the CS/TS reps you call--they are social media managers who can connect you with the right people to escalate your issue. Include your name, account number and your contact information. Watch the blue envelope at the top right of your screen--they usually reply within 1-2 business days.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 2 of 6 (530 Views)
Community Manager

Hello theotherone6600,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums! Like docbombay suggested, please send us a private message so we can assist. Our Social Media Managers are amazing and will do everything they can to help you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6 (471 Views)
Community Support

Hi theotheone6600,

I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble. I just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message. One of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 4 of 6 (440 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I certainly hope they actually reach out to you in a timely manner to discuss your issues. I will give Nicole the benefit of the doubt that they are willing to help and your PM is not just canned text to appease you. Please post back after they have spoken to you and let us know how long it took to have someone contact you and if you came to resolution.

Best of luck

Message 5 of 6 (427 Views)
Contributor

I was contacted and they said they will need to wait until Oct 18th to credit my account...we'll see what happens.

Message 6 of 6 (339 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.