URGENT. NEED AN EMPLOYEE. UNIQUE SITUATION

Contributor

URGENT. NEED AN EMPLOYEE. UNIQUE SITUATION

Hello,

My Uverse internet service is not working and I'm waiting on a tech support agent to comeout and fix the issue. However, my Sociology Professor Ms. Wright is refusing to grant me access to my midterm unless I can show her some sort of proof that I am dealing with At&T for this great inconvenience. I am awaiting a call back from a supervisor to get my money back for the days my internet has been acting up. Someone please help me. I need to take my exam. I am using my neighbors internet and that's how I'm even able to ask for help with this unique request... 

Thank you in advance

Jasmine Young 

Message 1 of 6 (382 Views)
Employee

Re: URGENT. NEED AN EMPLOYEE. UNIQUE SITUATION

What kind of smartphone are you using? What's your current data plan?

Maybe your smartphone can be turned into a hotspot, so you can get temporary internet?

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (377 Views)
Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for replying. As I stated in the first message I am a AT&T Uverse customer. I am referring to home internet. My cell phone provider is Tmobile. As I said before my services is not working and I'm waiting on a tech support agent to comeout to fix the problem.

However my sociology professor Ms. Wright is refusing to grant me access to my midterm exam unless I can show her some sort of proof that I am dealing with At&T for this great inconvenience. And is this your normal protocol when someone's home internet is not working and you cannot trouble shoot it over the phone and why do I have to wait on a call back to get my money back for services I could not use. My internet has been out for about 5 straight days really 6 but on the very first day I was able to get on there for about 2,3 hours before it did not work at all. 

I am awaiting a call back from a supervisor to get my money back for the days my internet has been acting up. Someone please help me. I need an employees help as to what I should do.  And I need to take my midterm. PLEASE read this and get a full understanding.

Thank you so much 

Jasmine Young 

Message 3 of 6 (365 Views)
Employee

Hey Jasmine Young,

You had put this in the cell phone service section of the forums, so I had assume, that perhaps you had been looking into a way that maybe you could use your smartphone to take your midterm.

If that's not the case, I do apologise for misunderstanding.

I imagine, the employees at uverse probably did everything they could do to expedite your service technician.

Do you have a laptop? Can you take it to an alternative place, Borders, the library, Starbucks, someplace with free wifi?

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (359 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

loganic wrote:

Do you have a laptop? Can you take it to an alternative place, Borders, the library, Starbucks, someplace with free wifi?

-Alex

Better hope she has a time machine, too! ;-D

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6 (310 Views)
Community Manager

Hello JasmineSYoung,

If you can please send a private message to our ATTCustomerCare team by clicking here, one of our social media care managers will contact you as soon as possible to help.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 6 (294 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.