Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 10, 2012
2:03:52 PM
View profile
UPnP Support

Does the residential gateway support UPnP?  Does it need to be turned on?

Does the residential gateway support UPnP?  Does it need to be turned on?

UPnP Support

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2012 2:17:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The residential gateway has no UPnP support.  If you feel that you require that feature, you will need to setup your own router that does have UPnP in a router behind router (RG) setup,

Then, and only then, can you properly enjoy all the security holes that UPnP will give your network. Smiley Happy

The residential gateway has no UPnP support.  If you feel that you require that feature, you will need to setup your own router that does have UPnP in a router behind router (RG) setup,

Then, and only then, can you properly enjoy all the security holes that UPnP will give your network. Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: UPnP Support

2 of 4 (836 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 7:21:01 PM
(0)
Tutor

Chromecast requires uPnP. Do I need a ADSL or Gigabyte router? Any recommendations?

Thank you,

Chromecast requires uPnP. Do I need a ADSL or Gigabyte router? Any recommendations?

Thank you,

3 of 4 (210 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 12:10:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You do NOT want to get a router that provides ADSL connectivity; that's what your RG does and you won't be able to replace it.

You do NOT want to get a router that provides ADSL connectivity; that's what your RG does and you won't be able to replace it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (200 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments