UPnP Support

Contributor

UPnP Support

Does the residential gateway support UPnP?  Does it need to be turned on?

Message 1 of 4 (897 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: UPnP Support

The residential gateway has no UPnP support.  If you feel that you require that feature, you will need to setup your own router that does have UPnP in a router behind router (RG) setup,

Then, and only then, can you properly enjoy all the security holes that UPnP will give your network. Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (895 Views)
Tutor

Chromecast requires uPnP. Do I need a ADSL or Gigabyte router? Any recommendations?

Thank you,

Message 3 of 4 (269 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

You do NOT want to get a router that provides ADSL connectivity; that's what your RG does and you won't be able to replace it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (259 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.