U verse wireless receiver -set top box doesn't match the account settings

Contributor

U verse wireless receiver -set top box doesn't match the account settings

I just received a new wireless receiver and installed it. However it is not working. I keep receiving a message that "this set top box does not match the account settings". I have tried rebooting but to no avail

Message 1 of 5 (1,005 Views)
Employee

Re: U verse wireless receiver -set top box doesn't match the account settings

When was the scheduled activation? Is this a replacement?, an upgrade? Or add on ?
If replacement or upgrade will need the GUI number of original box.

If you tried to install before schedule the box is now disabled (dirty).
That is the GUI number has been flagged. Two ways to resolve.
1) call tier support for assistance, may need to escalate to tier 2.
They will need the GUI number on bottom of box, they will clean the misconfigured box,
If old box, need GUI to remove that box from account.
Afterwards need to install new wifi stb and follow on screen prompts.
2) if cannot resolve with tier support will need tech dispatch to clean and install or replace STB.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (999 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

Hello, Jdavis0001

Just checking back on your post. I'm sorry to hear that the Wireless receiver is not working the way it's supposed to but, we'll be glad to help you get this resolved if you're still experiencing this problem. Let us know if it's still showing an error message and we'll be glad to get it cleared. Thank you! Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (898 Views)
Contributor

I'm having the same issue with my reciever
Message 4 of 5 (712 Views)
Employee

Hello Cisco_26,

I can help you activate your TV receiver and remove the misconfigured information from our systems as suggested above. I sent you a private message to gather your account details and take care of this.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
Message 5 of 5 (703 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.