U-verse voice billing problem

Highlighted
Teacher

U-verse voice billing problem

I am a new customer.  We signed up for a bundle and got U-verse voice 200 which claims to include: "Unlimited calling to other U-verse Voice customers, plus 200 minutes of anytime calling to anyone else in the U.S., Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and the Northern Marianas. Additional minutes billed at 7¢ per minute".  Our first bill has a charge for one local call despite only using 9 minutes of the 200 we are allotted.  I'm doing on-line chat to get this corrected.  My issues are:

1)  I've been on chat for over 2.5 hours.  I'm not exaggerating.  I keep being told they will be right with me. I've already been transferred to a "supervisor" who has been less than helpful.

2)  He keeps insisting only on-net calls count in the 200 minutes despite what I was told when we signed up for the service and despite what the description on the webiste indicates. 

I am very frustrated that this is taking so long to resolve.  When I point out that my one, 9-minute local call on the bill should be free as it would clearly be part of the "200 minutes of anytime calling to anyone else in the U.S., Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and the Northern Marianas" I was promised, he simply responds, "Unfortunately, no".  What kind of answer is that?

How do I get this resolved without it taking another 2.5 hours of my life?

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: U-verse voice billing problem

Unhappy1001 - Is it possible incoming calls are included in the countdown to 200 & billed after reaching 200 combined in/out?

Att customer care should help. Send a PM with your details using this link -  AT&T Customer Care

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Teacher

I have nowhere near 200 minutes worth of incoming calls in a month.  This call was billed on my first day of service and the online details show 13 total minutes - 4 incoming and 9 outgoing (those are the 9 I'm being billed for). 

I will contact customer care.  I'm still on chat, BTW, nearly 3 hours later.  I've been told "Thank you for waiting.  I'll be right with you." over 40 times.  This is really not the way to do customer service well.

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

Unhappy1001- Your latest description sounds familiar. Since your install comes in the middle of the billing period, everything is prorated for the fraction of the billing period, including the 200 minutes.

Check that theory out with customer care & see if they can give you some relief.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Teacher

Oh!  It never occurred to me that they would have prorated the minutes.  The online usage shows I used 13 of 7 minutes, which made absolutely no sense to me, but if they prorated the minutes such that I ended up with only 7, that would explain the "overage" charge. 

Now, why can't you be the one I was chatting with this morning?  That was 3.5 hours of my life I will never get back.  I have contacted customer care and will assume they can resolve this for me.  Thank you!

Message 5 of 7
Teacher

Re: U-verse voice billing problem - UPDATE

UPDATE:

I spoke with Customer Care today and they've made it right.  The problem was indeed the proration of the minutes on that first day of service and I can now see that subsequent calls are not being charged as overages.

I got great customer service and am satisfied with the response from AT&T.  Yay!

Message 6 of 7
Community Manager

Re: U-verse voice billing problem - UPDATE

Thank you very much for the update! Please feel free to stop by anytime you have a question.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support