Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 20, 2013
4:42:27 PM
U-verse and a wireless printer

I am having an issue trying to connect my Lexmark Office Edge Pro 4000 printer over my u-verse wireless network. My modem is model: 3801HGV. I have not changed any of the settings and am still using the default network key. I had this printer on my old wireless network, but have since moved and have a new ISP.

I contacted Lexmark support and they said it's most likely a modem/router setting that is misconfigured. They recommend channel 11, and have wi-fi set to b/g/n, not auto. And that the printer operates on 2.4, not 5GHz.

What are the default settings, and can I change this? What type of encryption does the default network key use?

I am having an issue trying to connect my Lexmark Office Edge Pro 4000 printer over my u-verse wireless network. My modem is model: 3801HGV. I have not changed any of the settings and am still using the default network key. I had this printer on my old wireless network, but have since moved and have a new ISP.

I contacted Lexmark support and they said it's most likely a modem/router setting that is misconfigured. They recommend channel 11, and have wi-fi set to b/g/n, not auto. And that the printer operates on 2.4, not 5GHz.

What are the default settings, and can I change this? What type of encryption does the default network key use?

U-verse and a wireless printer

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2013 5:05:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
ian.vickrey -
The 3801 wireless settings are here - http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1
ian.vickrey -
The 3801 wireless settings are here - http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: U-verse and a wireless printer

2 of 8 (699 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2013 9:21:21 AM
(0)
Tutor

I know how to log into the settings. Problem is I don't have a computer to log into it. That's why I wanted to confirm info prior to getting my pc set up.

I have moved and half my stuff is still in boxes.

I know how to log into the settings. Problem is I don't have a computer to log into it. That's why I wanted to confirm info prior to getting my pc set up.

I have moved and half my stuff is still in boxes.

3 of 8 (606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 9:47:34 AM
(0)
Tutor

Can anyone provide this information or screenshot it please?

Can anyone provide this information or screenshot it please?

4 of 8 (565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 9:57:01 AM
(0)
Tutor

Link to the user manual. Good thing I have free time at work... (sarcasm)

http://hackingbtbusinesshub.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/3801hgv_user_guide_rev-1-0.pdf

Link to the user manual. Good thing I have free time at work... (sarcasm)

http://hackingbtbusinesshub.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/3801hgv_user_guide_rev-1-0.pdf

5 of 8 (559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 3:22:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

Does anyone have anything? All I can basically change is the channel. What should the authentication type be?

A. WEP - open  NO

B. WEP - shared NO

C. WPA - PSK (TKIP) MAYBE
D. WPA - PSK (TKIP) and WPA2 - PSK (AES) CURRENT

E. WPA2 - PSK (AES) MAYBE

Does anyone have anything? All I can basically change is the channel. What should the authentication type be?

A. WEP - open  NO

B. WEP - shared NO

C. WPA - PSK (TKIP) MAYBE
D. WPA - PSK (TKIP) and WPA2 - PSK (AES) CURRENT

E. WPA2 - PSK (AES) MAYBE

6 of 8 (421 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 3:36:57 PM
(0)
Employee
If you have moved is your internet registered yet, hsia registration must be completed before wireless will work for other devices.
You will be able to see the 2wireXXX and enter wifi code into devices, but wifi will not work on those devices till RG is registered.
This needs to be done on a pc, laptop or tablet.
If you have moved is your internet registered yet, hsia registration must be completed before wireless will work for other devices.
You will be able to see the 2wireXXX and enter wifi code into devices, but wifi will not work on those devices till RG is registered.
This needs to be done on a pc, laptop or tablet.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 8 (412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 1:40:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

All my devices are connected to wifi, except this d a m n printer. The wireless setup fails, then when it scans for a network it doesn't find any.

All my devices are connected to wifi, except this d a m n printer. The wireless setup fails, then when it scans for a network it doesn't find any.

8 of 8 (382 Views)