Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 12, 2014
12:25:04 PM
View profile
U-verse and Wireless complaint
Edited by Phil-101 on Mar 12, 2014 at 12:54:47 PM

I'm so confused I'm not even sure this will get to the right place.  I've been so misinformed I'm frustrated.  In early December a man came to my door offering Uverse service.  he offered me a gift card and I signed up.  Later I had to call in to be sure service was available and set up an appointment and when I did they person at AT&T offered me a better deal - at free 32 inch flat screen TV instead of the gift card.  I of course e said yes!  After installation and working thru several bugs - I called to see when I'd get my free TV.  I was told it was in the works.  A month later I called again only to tell me they couldn't give me the TV because I didn't sign up in the right timeframe but they would send me a $150 gift card.  Which they did.  But I was supposed to get a $100 gift card and a TV.  I'm sure all my calls are recorded - so there should be some proof that I was made that offer.

Then just this month I decided to upgrade from a flip phone to a smart phone.  After much research and chatting and talking on the phone with a customer service person I made the decision to get the Samsung 3 mini.  I'd had the same plan since 1998 and was told the 15% discount would continue on my new plan - I had to change in order to add data to the smart phone and they recommend the unlimited talk and text.  When my bill arrived it was about $13 more than anticipated.  It says I'm allowed 15% state of KY discount on the top of the bill so I thought maybe it just had not been applied.  After chatting and calling, again, I was told that because the new plan I had was below a certain price they could not apply that 15% but that I could use it on my Uverse Bill - But - of course, when I called the number provided by the cell AT &T people the Uverse People said no - I was already being discounted so they couldn't apply it either.  I feel like I've been misinformed or maybe lied to constantly since December.  I've always been so please with my AT & T service.  They've really gone out of the way to accommodate me since 1998's first cell service.  What's happened?!? I have until March 30 to cancel my service - something about customer remorse - I hate to do it but I can get much cheaper cell service thru other companies.  I hate to give up on AT & T though, can you help me?

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

I'm so confused I'm not even sure this will get to the right place.  I've been so misinformed I'm frustrated.  In early December a man came to my door offering Uverse service.  he offered me a gift card and I signed up.  Later I had to call in to be sure service was available and set up an appointment and when I did they person at AT&T offered me a better deal - at free 32 inch flat screen TV instead of the gift card.  I of course e said yes!  After installation and working thru several bugs - I called to see when I'd get my free TV.  I was told it was in the works.  A month later I called again only to tell me they couldn't give me the TV because I didn't sign up in the right timeframe but they would send me a $150 gift card.  Which they did.  But I was supposed to get a $100 gift card and a TV.  I'm sure all my calls are recorded - so there should be some proof that I was made that offer.

Then just this month I decided to upgrade from a flip phone to a smart phone.  After much research and chatting and talking on the phone with a customer service person I made the decision to get the Samsung 3 mini.  I'd had the same plan since 1998 and was told the 15% discount would continue on my new plan - I had to change in order to add data to the smart phone and they recommend the unlimited talk and text.  When my bill arrived it was about $13 more than anticipated.  It says I'm allowed 15% state of KY discount on the top of the bill so I thought maybe it just had not been applied.  After chatting and calling, again, I was told that because the new plan I had was below a certain price they could not apply that 15% but that I could use it on my Uverse Bill - But - of course, when I called the number provided by the cell AT &T people the Uverse People said no - I was already being discounted so they couldn't apply it either.  I feel like I've been misinformed or maybe lied to constantly since December.  I've always been so please with my AT & T service.  They've really gone out of the way to accommodate me since 1998's first cell service.  What's happened?!? I have until March 30 to cancel my service - something about customer remorse - I hate to do it but I can get much cheaper cell service thru other companies.  I hate to give up on AT & T though, can you help me?

[Subject edited to reflect new topic]

U-verse and Wireless complaint

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 14, 2014 3:10:35 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hello Vicky Stucker,

I am so sorry about the issues you have had after upgrading your service. If you could please send us a detailed message by clicking here, be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you, one of our representatives will reach out to you to get this resolved.

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello Vicky Stucker,

I am so sorry about the issues you have had after upgrading your service. If you could please send us a detailed message by clicking here, be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you, one of our representatives will reach out to you to get this resolved.

Keep an eye on the at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: U-verse and Wireless complaint

2 of 2 (132 Views)