U-verse Now Has Over 5.0 Million TV Customers - 2nd Qtr 2013

Expert

U-verse Now Has Over 5.0 Million TV Customers - 2nd Qtr 2013

From the link below:

U-verse Hits 9.4 million Subscribers. Total U-verse subscribers (TV and high speed Internet) reached 9.4 million in the second quarter. U-verse TV added 233,000 subscribers to top 5.0 million in service. U-verse high speed Internet had a net gain of 641,000 subscribers to reach a total of 9.1 million. Overall, the company had a net loss of 61,000 wireline broadband subscribers, an improvement over last year's loss but still reflecting typical seasonal pressures. Total wireline broadband ARPU was up 9 percent year over year. Total U-verse high speed Internet subscribers now represent 55 percent of all wireline broadband subscribers compared with 40 percent in the year-earlier quarter.

About 59 percent of U-verse broadband subscribers have a plan delivering speeds up to 10 Mbps or higher — up from 52 percent in the year-ago quarter. In the second quarter, more than 90 percent of new U-verse TV customers also signed up for U-verse high speed Internet. About 70 percent of AT&T U-verse TV subscribers take three or four services from AT&T. ARPU for U-verse triple-play customers continues to be more than $170. U-verse TV penetration of customer locations continues to grow and was at 20.1 percent at the end of the second quarter.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=24550&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=36758&mapcode=corporate|financia...

Message 1 of 14 (1,189 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: U-verse Now Has Over 5.0 Million TV Customers - 2nd Qtr 2013

Should I be the first to say it? The number would be twice or three times the amount if U-Verse had The Hallmark Channel, AMC HD, beIn Sports, Comcast Sports Houston, and The NHL Network.    Smiley Happy

Oh, I almost forgot, sub-channels, too.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 14 (1,098 Views)
Mentor

Actuall uverse has AMC HD, but what we do need is BBC HD!

Message 3 of 14 (1,083 Views)
ACE - Professor

Lkrfan714 wrote:

Actuall uverse has AMC HD, but what we do need is BBC HD!

I meant BBC HD, not AMC HD. My error.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 14 (1,018 Views)
ACE - Master

dwinth wrote:

Should I be the first to say it? The number would be twice or three times the amount if U-Verse had The Hallmark Channel, AMC HD, beIn Sports, Comcast Sports Houston, and The NHL Network.    Smiley Happy

And don't forget reminders, Local On the 8's, Pandora...... Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 14 (992 Views)
ACE - Professor

dhascall wrote:

dwinth wrote:

Can you imagine how many subscribers U-Verse would have if they carried the sub-channels of the sub-channels?
The lack of RFD- TV is chasing away millions upon millions of subscribers. Old time test patterns with the Indian. That could bring in so many subscribers that U-Verse would have to turn people away.

Message 6 of 14 (965 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

dwinth wrote:

dhascall wrote:

dwinth wrote:

Can you imagine how many subscribers U-Verse would have if they carried the sub-channels of the sub-channels?
The lack of RFD- TV is chasing away millions upon millions of subscribers. Old time test patterns with the Indian. That could bring in so many subscribers that U-Verse would have to turn people away.

Native American, unless you're talking about the people from India then Indians is okay.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 7 of 14 (930 Views)
ACE - Professor

americangame wrote:

dwinth wrote:

dhascall wrote:

dwinth wrote:

Native American, unless you're talking about the people from India then Indians is okay.

I don't remember seeing any Indians from India on any test patterns.

Message 8 of 14 (910 Views)

They are Indians, I'm from Oklahoma and we have Indian tribes, not native american tribes. We even have a toll road called the Indian Nation Turnpike.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 9 of 14 (906 Views)

Why am I not surprized. AT&T is a total monopoly in several markets and that is the only alternative to getting decent television and in some areas High-Speed Internet.

Message 10 of 14 (620 Views)
Expert

You really need to look up the definition of monopoly.
Message 11 of 14 (605 Views)

JoshvanHulst wrote:

Why am I not surprized. AT&T is a total monopoly in several markets and that is the only alternative to getting decent television and in some areas High-Speed Internet.

Really, I'd venture to guess there are at least 3 providers available, AT&T, Dish and Direct.  That blows your theory of a monopoly.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 12 of 14 (584 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

JoshvanHulst wrote:

In years past, cable companies had exclusive arrangements with municipalities. That could be called a monopoly in some sort of a way.

In the 1980's the St. Louis area was carved up by the cable companies so that each served an area exclusively without competition from other cable companies. Of course, there was competition with satellite companies.

The St. Louis suburb where I live became the first that allowed two cable companies to compete within it's borders.

As far as calling U-Verse television a monopoly in some markets, I disagree. From reading posts on these forums, the writers are always mentioning the cable or satellite company from which they came or which they were going. This ability to switch providers does not spell monopoly to me.

Can anyone indicate a city, town, county, etc where the only alternative is U-Verse? That means no other cable or satellite alternatives are available.

Message 13 of 14 (582 Views)
Employee

hard to believe ATT monopoly in tv provider when they only have 5% of market share

top 13 providers have 94% of market 

top 9 cable companies lost 555,000 sbscribers in 2nd quarter. at end of 2q had 50.5 million subs

dish and direct tv lost 162,000 in same quarter............................at end of 2q had 34 million subs

only good news telcos (verison and att) added 373,000...........at end of 2q had10.03 million subs

total represented is 94.53 comprising 94% of share total subscibers 100 million plus subs

conclusion cord cutting is real, people are leaving standard choices of cable and satellite

only growth is telcos offerings...for how long is the question

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 14 of 14 (577 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.