Helpful Links

U-verse Mobile App for iPhone Update

Expert

U-verse Mobile App for iPhone Update

A new update of the U-verse Mobile app for the iPhone was released today which now allows remote control of the U-verse receivers.

Message 1 of 37
ACE - Master

Re: U-verse Mobile App for iPhone Update

Gotta admit it's pretty funny!!  I know someone else is going to do the same!!  It might lower the WAF though.  (Wife Acceptance Factor)

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 37
Contributor

Wireless gateway not found?

I have the U-Verse app on both an iPad and iPhone, both are connected to the 2wire router and neither of them are able to use the remote feature within the app. Both say the wireless gateway cannot be found despite the fact that the iPad is wifi only and I'm on the network. Anyone else having this issue or a solution? Have reset the router already as well.
Message 17 of 37
Expert

You're bad, BB!  Wait until she figures it out and uses it on you. Smiley Wink

I had trouble yesterday with the DVR, for some reason it said it was connected (checked), but wouldn't work.  I selected another STB, then back to the DVR and it magically worked.  I feel powerful. Smiley Very Happy 

Now if we could just use Siri to voice-command the TV, we'll have it made!

Message 18 of 37

This is one finicky app. Most of the time it works great, then it won't connect, then response time could be up to 30 seconds. It's still the best thing uverse has given us in a long time though.
Message 19 of 37
Expert

Re: Wireless gateway not found?

Birquah wrote:
I have the U-Verse app on both an iPad and iPhone, both are connected to the 2wire router and neither of them are able to use the remote feature within the app. Both say the wireless gateway cannot be found despite the fact that the iPad is wifi only and I'm on the network. Anyone else having this issue or a solution? Have reset the router already as well.

Did you do the setup on channel 9301?

Message 20 of 37
Expert

But typical as we get to work out the bugs for them. Smiley Very Happy

JiminSTLouis wrote:
This is one finicky app. Most of the time it works great, then it won't connect, then response time could be up to 30 seconds. It's still the best thing uverse has given us in a long time though.
Message 21 of 37

Does this require the device to connect to the RG's wifi AP or can it connect through a 3rd party AP that's connected to the RG?

Good move on the app, IP based remotes are the way of the future.  

Message 22 of 37
Expert

michail77 wrote:

Does this require the device to connect to the RG's wifi AP or can it connect through a 3rd party AP that's connected to the RG?

Good move on the app, IP based remotes are the way of the future.  

See the discussion found in the link below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-anoth...

Message 23 of 37

I'm not sure if that answers my original question about if it was possible to use my AP.

Anyway, I enabled the wireless in the RG and connected the phone to that SSID and the remote now works.

This is STUPID.  Why not just allow any networked device?  If not they should dish our RGs with 802.11n dual channel capability. 

Message 24 of 37
Expert

This is a cool app.  I was looking at it on my wife's IPad and I discovered the tv programs, movies, and music.  I have been reading your posts but didn't check it out.  I still use the app on my Droid phone which is a far cry from this one though.  I also downloaded the remote control app on the IPad a while back and it controls the stbs perfectly.  At least at the times when I used it.  Good job ATT, I like it.  Now all they have to do is roll out the app for the Droid Global 2.

Message 25 of 37

RCSMG wrote:

...  Good job ATT, I like it.  Now all they have to do is roll out the app for the Droid Global 2.

... and allow other wirless APs to work.

Message 26 of 37
Contributor

Channel 9301 is giving me an error, telling me: page load error, that I'm not connected to the Internet. Do you now how to change that setting? Thanks
Message 27 of 37
Expert

Ericds wrote:
Channel 9301 is giving me an error, telling me: page load error, that I'm not connected to the Internet. Do you now how to change that setting? Thanks

I see the same error message.  U-verse must currently be having a problem.  I would suggest that you wait and try it again later.

Message 28 of 37

A friend of mine downloaded the mobile app from the App Store over the weekend.  His remote looks like this (split screen):

Where mine looks like this (full screen):

He can't get his remote to go to full screen.  Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Message 29 of 37
Expert

I've never seen that on my TV.

I see there was another App update yesterday to fix customer complaints, but haven't had time to try it.

Message 30 of 37
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support