Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted May 10, 2012
1:39:16 PM
View profile
U-verse Mobile App for iPhone Update

A new update of the U-verse Mobile app for the iPhone was released today which now allows remote control of the U-verse receivers.

A new update of the U-verse Mobile app for the iPhone was released today which now allows remote control of the U-verse receivers.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

U-verse Mobile App for iPhone Update

36 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(36)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2012 3:29:27 PM
(0)
Scholar

This doesn't work for me.  All I get is "Receiver discovery failed.  There has been an issue communicating with the U-verse receiver.  Please try again.  If the problem persists, please go to www.att.com/uversesupport and search for the keyword 'Enabled'."

Well, I tried that and got nothing relevant.  Does anyone know what they're trying to tell me?

This doesn't work for me.  All I get is "Receiver discovery failed.  There has been an issue communicating with the U-verse receiver.  Please try again.  If the problem persists, please go to www.att.com/uversesupport and search for the keyword 'Enabled'."

Well, I tried that and got nothing relevant.  Does anyone know what they're trying to tell me?

Re: U-verse Mobile App for iPhone Update

2 of 37 (9,147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2012 3:52:17 PM
(0)
Mentor

I got that error this afternoon and then it worked this evening.  Had to also do stuff on the receiver(s) that you want to control.

I got that error this afternoon and then it worked this evening.  Had to also do stuff on the receiver(s) that you want to control.

3 of 37 (9,141 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2012 3:52:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

twentw wrote:

I'm getting that same message now, but I was able to control my U-verse receivers with my iPhone earlier this afternoon when I first download the update.  There is probably some temporary issue on the internal U-verse network right now. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.

twentw wrote:

I'm getting that same message now, but I was able to control my U-verse receivers with my iPhone earlier this afternoon when I first download the update.  There is probably some temporary issue on the internal U-verse network right now. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 37 (9,139 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2012 4:00:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It has started working again for me!

It has started working again for me!

5 of 37 (9,138 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2012 4:29:34 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by JiminSTLouis on May 10, 2012 at 4:30:12 PM

This App is too Fraking cool!  I'm going to set up the TV in my den next, then my iPhone!

This App is too Fraking cool!  I'm going to set up the TV in my den next, then my iPhone!

[ Edited ]
6 of 37 (9,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2012 4:32:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The only thing lacking is that the app cannot control the TV itself.

7 of 37 (9,131 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2012 4:52:16 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by JiminSTLouis on May 10, 2012 at 4:53:11 PM

texasguy37 wrote:

Yup, controlling the power and volume on the TV would be perfect. This thing responds faster than the receiver remotes. I've set up my iPhone and 3 receivers so far. All working great.

texasguy37 wrote:

Yup, controlling the power and volume on the TV would be perfect. This thing responds faster than the receiver remotes. I've set up my iPhone and 3 receivers so far. All working great.

[ Edited ]
8 of 37 (9,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2012 6:53:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
You would need an IR blaster to control the TV.
I se that it does not have a volume or mute button.

If you set an STB to control the volume and mute then link the STB to the app do you get a volume and mute button??
You would need an IR blaster to control the TV.
I se that it does not have a volume or mute button.

If you set an STB to control the volume and mute then link the STB to the app do you get a volume and mute button??

9 of 37 (9,066 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2012 12:06:33 AM
(0)
Expert

I started using it yesterday and THIS is what we've been waiting for!

Now, we know one of the reasons we got to name our boxes on the TV. Smiley Wink

GOOD JOB, ATT!!!!!

I started using it yesterday and THIS is what we've been waiting for!

Now, we know one of the reasons we got to name our boxes on the TV. Smiley Wink

GOOD JOB, ATT!!!!!

10 of 37 (9,035 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2012 5:36:16 AM
(0)
Guru

I'm no IT guy but............. If our STB's are on line, and we can access them from our on line devices, could accessing our recorded content from our devices be far off?

Just wishing out loud. 

I'm no IT guy but............. If our STB's are on line, and we can access them from our on line devices, could accessing our recorded content from our devices be far off?

Just wishing out loud. 

11 of 37 (9,031 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 11, 2012 11:24:30 AM
(0)
Expert

That would be nice...then I could catch up on my recordings before the next DVR failure! Smiley Very Happy

JiminSTLouis wrote:

Just wishing out loud. 

That would be nice...then I could catch up on my recordings before the next DVR failure! Smiley Very Happy

JiminSTLouis wrote:

Just wishing out loud. 

12 of 37 (8,998 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2012 7:29:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on May 12, 2012 at 7:39:11 AM

I was finally able to get this to work after some trial and error.  When I opened the app on my iphone I kept getting the "receiver discovery failed" message.  I went to the interactive menu on the STB and then to uverse enabled then to the uverse app for iphone/ipad and kept getting an error that I didn't have uverse high speed internet.  Huh?

Reset the STB via the menu and when it came up still received the discovery failed on my iphone.  Did a hard reset by unplugging the STB and let it come back up.  Ran discover again on my iphone and it found the STB but the buttons within the app would not work.  ERR!!

Then I remembered I had Buddy TV set up on my iphone and it has a remote feature also.  Deleted the Buddy TV app completely and the uverse app started working to control the STB.

There must have been a conflict between Buddy TV and the uverse app I'm assuming.  All boxes are connected and working now!!

Edit:  I just reloaded the Buddy TV app, logged in, and the uverse app still works as well as the Buddy TV app so who knows. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I was finally able to get this to work after some trial and error.  When I opened the app on my iphone I kept getting the "receiver discovery failed" message.  I went to the interactive menu on the STB and then to uverse enabled then to the uverse app for iphone/ipad and kept getting an error that I didn't have uverse high speed internet.  Huh?

Reset the STB via the menu and when it came up still received the discovery failed on my iphone.  Did a hard reset by unplugging the STB and let it come back up.  Ran discover again on my iphone and it found the STB but the buttons within the app would not work.  ERR!!

Then I remembered I had Buddy TV set up on my iphone and it has a remote feature also.  Deleted the Buddy TV app completely and the uverse app started working to control the STB.

There must have been a conflict between Buddy TV and the uverse app I'm assuming.  All boxes are connected and working now!!

Edit:  I just reloaded the Buddy TV app, logged in, and the uverse app still works as well as the Buddy TV app so who knows. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

[ Edited ]
13 of 37 (8,962 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2012 7:52:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Oh boy can this be a fun app!!  I was in the garage tinkering and opened the app.  The wife was watching TV in the BR and I started changing channels, wait a minute then hit pause, then start, then changed the channel.  She came running out to the garage saying the TV was going haywire and to come look at it.Smiley Very Happy  I went in and acted like I was checking things out and told her it must be something she did because there was nothing wrong.Smiley Very Happy

She still has no clue what is happining......Smiley Very Happy  Mean I know but it sure was funny!!  Make me mad and I can get even and no one will know the difference!!Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy 

Oh boy can this be a fun app!!  I was in the garage tinkering and opened the app.  The wife was watching TV in the BR and I started changing channels, wait a minute then hit pause, then start, then changed the channel.  She came running out to the garage saying the TV was going haywire and to come look at it.Smiley Very Happy  I went in and acted like I was checking things out and told her it must be something she did because there was nothing wrong.Smiley Very Happy

She still has no clue what is happining......Smiley Very Happy  Mean I know but it sure was funny!!  Make me mad and I can get even and no one will know the difference!!Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy 

14 of 37 (8,955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2012 8:40:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

That's mean.  LOL

That's mean.  LOL

15 of 37 (8,949 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2012 4:04:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Gotta admit it's pretty funny!!  I know someone else is going to do the same!!  It might lower the WAF though.  (Wife Acceptance Factor)

Gotta admit it's pretty funny!!  I know someone else is going to do the same!!  It might lower the WAF though.  (Wife Acceptance Factor)

16 of 37 (8,934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2012 5:04:25 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have the U-Verse app on both an iPad and iPhone, both are connected to the 2wire router and neither of them are able to use the remote feature within the app. Both say the wireless gateway cannot be found despite the fact that the iPad is wifi only and I'm on the network. Anyone else having this issue or a solution? Have reset the router already as well.
I have the U-Verse app on both an iPad and iPhone, both are connected to the 2wire router and neither of them are able to use the remote feature within the app. Both say the wireless gateway cannot be found despite the fact that the iPad is wifi only and I'm on the network. Anyone else having this issue or a solution? Have reset the router already as well.

Wireless gateway not found?

17 of 37 (8,930 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2012 5:05:56 PM
(0)
Expert

You're bad, BB!  Wait until she figures it out and uses it on you. Smiley Wink

I had trouble yesterday with the DVR, for some reason it said it was connected (checked), but wouldn't work.  I selected another STB, then back to the DVR and it magically worked.  I feel powerful. Smiley Very Happy 

Now if we could just use Siri to voice-command the TV, we'll have it made!

You're bad, BB!  Wait until she figures it out and uses it on you. Smiley Wink

I had trouble yesterday with the DVR, for some reason it said it was connected (checked), but wouldn't work.  I selected another STB, then back to the DVR and it magically worked.  I feel powerful. Smiley Very Happy 

Now if we could just use Siri to voice-command the TV, we'll have it made!

18 of 37 (8,928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2012 5:40:44 PM
(0)
Guru
This is one finicky app. Most of the time it works great, then it won't connect, then response time could be up to 30 seconds. It's still the best thing uverse has given us in a long time though.
This is one finicky app. Most of the time it works great, then it won't connect, then response time could be up to 30 seconds. It's still the best thing uverse has given us in a long time though.

19 of 37 (8,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2012 5:43:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Birquah wrote:

Did you do the setup on channel 9301?

Birquah wrote:

Did you do the setup on channel 9301?

Re: Wireless gateway not found?

20 of 37 (8,928 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2012 5:58:09 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by spd2demun on May 12, 2012 at 6:33:19 PM

But typical as we get to work out the bugs for them. Smiley Very Happy

JiminSTLouis wrote:

But typical as we get to work out the bugs for them. Smiley Very Happy

JiminSTLouis wrote:

[ Edited ]
21 of 37 (8,930 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2012 3:07:54 PM
(0)
Guru

Does this require the device to connect to the RG's wifi AP or can it connect through a 3rd party AP that's connected to the RG?

Good move on the app, IP based remotes are the way of the future.  

Does this require the device to connect to the RG's wifi AP or can it connect through a 3rd party AP that's connected to the RG?

22 of 37 (8,858 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2012 4:04:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

michail77 wrote:

See the discussion found in the link below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-anoth...

michail77 wrote:

See the discussion found in the link below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-another-AT-amp/m-p/3212583#M5565

23 of 37 (8,852 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2012 6:05:09 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by michail77 on May 14, 2012 at 6:05:33 PM

I'm not sure if that answers my original question about if it was possible to use my AP.

Anyway, I enabled the wireless in the RG and connected the phone to that SSID and the remote now works.

This is STUPID.  Why not just allow any networked device?  If not they should dish our RGs with 802.11n dual channel capability. 

I'm not sure if that answers my original question about if it was possible to use my AP.

Anyway, I enabled the wireless in the RG and connected the phone to that SSID and the remote now works.

This is STUPID.  Why not just allow any networked device?  If not they should dish our RGs with 802.11n dual channel capability. 

[ Edited ]
24 of 37 (8,843 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2012 10:31:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

This is a cool app.  I was looking at it on my wife's IPad and I discovered the tv programs, movies, and music.  I have been reading your posts but didn't check it out.  I still use the app on my Droid phone which is a far cry from this one though.  I also downloaded the remote control app on the IPad a while back and it controls the stbs perfectly.  At least at the times when I used it.  Good job ATT, I like it.  Now all they have to do is roll out the app for the Droid Global 2.

This is a cool app.  I was looking at it on my wife's IPad and I discovered the tv programs, movies, and music.  I have been reading your posts but didn't check it out.  I still use the app on my Droid phone which is a far cry from this one though.  I also downloaded the remote control app on the IPad a while back and it controls the stbs perfectly.  At least at the times when I used it.  Good job ATT, I like it.  Now all they have to do is roll out the app for the Droid Global 2.

25 of 37 (8,782 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 18, 2012 10:02:04 AM
(0)
Guru

RCSMG wrote:

...  Good job ATT, I like it.  Now all they have to do is roll out the app for the Droid Global 2.

... and allow other wirless APs to work.

RCSMG wrote:

...  Good job ATT, I like it.  Now all they have to do is roll out the app for the Droid Global 2.

... and allow other wirless APs to work.

26 of 37 (8,768 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2012 7:37:41 AM
(0)
Contributor
Channel 9301 is giving me an error, telling me: page load error, that I'm not connected to the Internet. Do you now how to change that setting? Thanks
Channel 9301 is giving me an error, telling me: page load error, that I'm not connected to the Internet. Do you now how to change that setting? Thanks

27 of 37 (8,573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2012 7:41:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Ericds wrote:

I see the same error message.  U-verse must currently be having a problem.  I would suggest that you wait and try it again later.

Ericds wrote:

I see the same error message.  U-verse must currently be having a problem.  I would suggest that you wait and try it again later.

28 of 37 (8,572 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2012 7:55:05 AM
(0)
Guru

A friend of mine downloaded the mobile app from the App Store over the weekend.  His remote looks like this (split screen):

Where mine looks like this (full screen):

He can't get his remote to go to full screen.  Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

A friend of mine downloaded the mobile app from the App Store over the weekend.  His remote looks like this (split screen):

Where mine looks like this (full screen):

He can't get his remote to go to full screen.  Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

29 of 37 (8,536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2012 3:27:52 AM
(0)
Expert

I've never seen that on my TV.

I see there was another App update yesterday to fix customer complaints, but haven't had time to try it.

I've never seen that on my TV.

I see there was another App update yesterday to fix customer complaints, but haven't had time to try it.

30 of 37 (8,461 Views)