U-verse $199 installation fee ands $250 NON-refundabfee credit FEE

Contributor

U-verse $199 installation fee ands $250 NON-refundabfee credit FEE

I signed up for U-verse TV and Internet last month last month. When the service was ordered, I was charged for 449 as deposit because I was told I had no credit history. I thought it's fair because I was new to the state.

But I'm surpurised to see on my first month bill there is $449 one time charge without being informed in any ways, which includes $199 installation fee ands $250 NON-refundabfeecredit FEE. Let's put aside whether these charges should be there or not, I think it's unfair enough to charge such a large mount of money without any notice in advance. I'll leave the judgement to yourselves about the tricky part of these charge accidentally (or intentionally) being the exactly same as the deposit.

From this forum and other Internet sources, it looks like I'm not alone. I've raised my concern to ATT through various channels and am waiting for their response. I'll pay the bill but I'll fight for my right, as well as others, head-to-head with AT&T.

Message 1 of 10 (2,567 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: U-verse $199 installation fee ands $250 NON-refundabfee credit FEE

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10 (2,546 Views)
Highlighted
Voyager

I was wonderin, but has this issue been resolved yet? I'm going through a similar sitation. I've had Uverse for a few days now and been happy with it, but then I received a letter saying that i might be requiring a deposit or other payment prior to establishing service and that I might be required a nonrefundable credit fee to order uverse. How much will this credit fee be if it does apply to me? If say.. the fee was too much and I was unhappy about it, will the 30 day money back gurantee also cover me for this credit fee or am I stuck with it?  

Message 3 of 10 (2,195 Views)
Contributor

my complaint has been addressed yet.   and i called directly to at&t and even waited the ridiculous hold time it takes to get someone to speak to me.

Message 4 of 10 (2,048 Views)
Expert

Both of you can either click the link in the above post and send a PM to Customer Care, or you can click the hyperlink in my sig and you will be taken to their profile.  They are an escalation team that is higher than Customrer Support who can help you with both of your issues.  They will reply to you via PM so watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification.

Message 5 of 10 (2,042 Views)

Thank you I am inquiring for service at att and i will pass this company although they have bounded my apartment with some contract that only allow renter to purchase att. There is another way flex tv to walk around the deposit it satellite you purchase the equipment then depending on the package you want you pay as you go. I would rather do that then having bad bills. Check it out
Message 6 of 10 (1,340 Views)
ACE - Professor

Lawana2014 wrote:
Thank you I am inquiring for service at att and i will pass this company although they have bounded my apartment with some contract that only allow renter to purchase att. There is another way flex tv to walk around the deposit it satellite you purchase the equipment then depending on the package you want you pay as you go. I would rather do that then having bad bills. Check it out

I didn't really understand most of that, but only customer's with bad credit are required to pay the nonrefundable credit fee (which was actually refunded $5/month last time I checked). 

Unless AT&T has done a credit check, there's no way to know if that fee is required of you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 10 (1,311 Views)
Employee

MicCheck, Lawana2014 has another thread where informed they are a foreign student without a social security card..
Deposits required are not just for bad credit, but also no credit history.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 10 (1,308 Views)
Contributor

I'm wonder anyone get that money back and how?

I placed order on Dec 3 and cancel on Dec 4 just because this credit fee. I called custom service and was told money would be back within one month. But not get it till now.

Message 9 of 10 (1,253 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here a phone number may help some one else to get this credit fee back. I called them and get money back within 3 business days.

{Inappropriate content removed}

Message 10 of 10 (1,187 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.