U-Verse remote code for Samsung HW-F550 soundbar

Contributor

U-Verse remote code for Samsung HW-F550 soundbar

I have spent hours online and in front of my TV trying to find a way to program my U-Verse remote to my Samsung HW-F550 soundbar. I've tried Samsung codes provided by AT&T for every kind of device, and I've done the automatic method and sat there clicking and clicking while it scanned through hundreds of codes. Nothing. I really only need it to power it on/off and control the volume. I just cannot believe that AT&T would not have codes for soundbars (as they do in specific lists for TVs, DVD players, receivers, etc.) I have the standard black remote. Somebody, anybody, help!

AT&T, any chance there will be a new device category for soundbars coming soon? This is extremely frustrating...

Message 1 of 4 (4,635 Views)
Expert

Re: U-Verse remote code for Samsung HW-F550 soundbar

Check out the Harmony remote.  Many people use them for a wide variety of products, and you can program one button to turn on your tv, audio system, and dvd device.  They are available at Best Buy, and you can check them out online.  They vary in price, but I have not heard any complaints from people who have purchased one.

Message 2 of 4 (4,506 Views)
Contributor

anyone out there can help set up my u-verse remote to my samsung hw-f550 sound stick?

Message 3 of 4 (4,034 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

todd mcintyre - How far did you get?
If you cannot find a code, you can get this remote & program via code or learning from the Samsung remote - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

If you find a code to turn Samsung on/off you will need to change the vol control from always TV to follow the mode or aways Samsung - att/ok - 955 -enter follows the mode button. In the att mode it controls the STB vol affecting both TV & soundbar. For soundbar only - att/ok-955-aux-enter
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (4,029 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.