U Verse phone service

Contributor

U Verse phone service

How do I know if a number is on net or off net before I dial it?  This service is another way for ATT to stick it to us.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: U Verse phone service

I would personally assume no one you are calling is an AT&T U-verse Voice customer unless you know that they are.  You could ask them, and if they say "yes," you can talk for a while.

Or you can purchase the unmeasured service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

WOW what an informative answer! I bet you work for ATT.

God does not bless you in your comfort zone.

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Sigh.  If I had a set of steak knives for every time I've heard that line.God blesses me all the time whether or not I'm in my comfort zone, though I'm not sure what that has to do with this particular topic.

You have subscribed to a service that provides 250 minutes for a fee.  As a bonus (or an incentive for you to talk your friends into using U-verse voice) you get unlimited calling to those on AT&T U-verse voice.  It's a bonus, a gimme, it's in addition to the 250 minute you pay for.  You have an option to purchase the unlimited plan, in which case it doesn't matter.  Apparently, since you chose the 250 plan, it would seem that you thought this would be enough.

My wireless carrier gives me free wireless calling to others on the same carrier.  Almost all of them do.  Why is this any different from that?  If you looked at the old AT&T POTS metered plans, I don't think there were any free minutes to anybody.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Community Support

Hi clporche,

As jeffermc stated, unfortunately there is no way to identify the call you are marking as an on-net or off-net call besides by either doing the method that jeffermc stated or have a way to look up that number in a directory to determine their provider.

With your 250 minute plan, all calls to areas included in the plan within the 250 minutes are free. So a good way to be safe is to calculate all the calls within your 250 minutes allotted per month, and as long as you do not exceed the 250 minutes, there will be no additional charges due to this.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support