Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 29, 2014
1:54:57 AM
View profile
U-Verse billing and being lied to

When I first agreed to change over to U-Verse I was told my price would be $19.95 and I asked for how long and was told it would always be that price and I told the person I was speaking to that it sounded to good to be true and he repeated what I said which turned out to be true it was too good to be true and the first on the lies! This person couldn't even hardly speak English so why is he trying to sell a product he can't even speak where we can truly understand him but what he told me I did get the price and it would never go up!

I had to call AT&T for months because we kept getting billed for the old modem when I was told 'we don't want it back and we won't charge you" again, the second lie. Then I found out that the U-Verse was going to go up in price after a year which was the promotiona price and after that it would be $46.00 that's when I started complaining. I was then told to call back after the first year and I would given another promotion which I did at the end of March which was right before our April 2013 -April 2014 was up.

I was then told after staying on the line for a good while that she found a price of $19.95 for another year, so when the new bill comes in I'm charged $46.00 so I call AT&T once again only to be told they can find no record of me speaking with anyone and no price like that, again lied to.

So this lady says the can only offer me the U-Verse for $25.50 for a year with an early termination fee of $180.00, this was a lady in theCharlotte NC office. I told her we were on a fixed disability income and couldn't afford things like this to happen.

When all this started and I called to complain I asked was all the conversation being recorded to go back on I was told yes, ok where are those records and I talked to so many different people during this time like a Merlin, Edward and so on.

I told this person that we were being punished for AT&T lies and she even used those words back to me that I had been lied to.

I get so sick of this and my husband wanted me to cancel our phone and internet but I said lets wait and see what happens but I can't even chat with a At&T without our losing connection, the internet will go out and this happens a good bit, but I can't call and complain because I will not pay for a repairman to come out when it's not something we should have to be charged for.

I'm sure this letter won't to any good or change one thing but it sure doesn't help At&t when I tell others don't to business with a company that lies to you.

I want to file a formal complaint and I will be doing that but lets see if I get any response from this first.

When I first agreed to change over to U-Verse I was told my price would be $19.95 and I asked for how long and was told it would always be that price and I told the person I was speaking to that it sounded to good to be true and he repeated what I said which turned out to be true it was too good to be true and the first on the lies! This person couldn't even hardly speak English so why is he trying to sell a product he can't even speak where we can truly understand him but what he told me I did get the price and it would never go up!

I had to call AT&T for months because we kept getting billed for the old modem when I was told 'we don't want it back and we won't charge you" again, the second lie. Then I found out that the U-Verse was going to go up in price after a year which was the promotiona price and after that it would be $46.00 that's when I started complaining. I was then told to call back after the first year and I would given another promotion which I did at the end of March which was right before our April 2013 -April 2014 was up.

I was then told after staying on the line for a good while that she found a price of $19.95 for another year, so when the new bill comes in I'm charged $46.00 so I call AT&T once again only to be told they can find no record of me speaking with anyone and no price like that, again lied to.

So this lady says the can only offer me the U-Verse for $25.50 for a year with an early termination fee of $180.00, this was a lady in theCharlotte NC office. I told her we were on a fixed disability income and couldn't afford things like this to happen.

When all this started and I called to complain I asked was all the conversation being recorded to go back on I was told yes, ok where are those records and I talked to so many different people during this time like a Merlin, Edward and so on.

I told this person that we were being punished for AT&T lies and she even used those words back to me that I had been lied to.

I get so sick of this and my husband wanted me to cancel our phone and internet but I said lets wait and see what happens but I can't even chat with a At&T without our losing connection, the internet will go out and this happens a good bit, but I can't call and complain because I will not pay for a repairman to come out when it's not something we should have to be charged for.

I'm sure this letter won't to any good or change one thing but it sure doesn't help At&t when I tell others don't to business with a company that lies to you.

I want to file a formal complaint and I will be doing that but lets see if I get any response from this first.

U-Verse billing and being lied to

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2014 5:26:10 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Computer-Joe on Apr 29, 2014 at 5:28:11 AM

@lbjoy  wrote:

Sorry to hear you've experienced so much trouble getting your service converted. I can understand your frustration with dealing with the over-seas call center and their "different" accents, but those customer service reps probably don't have any more power than to enter requests into the database for starting/stopping service, repairs, and sales.

They are people probably speaking in "English as a second language", about a service they don't fully understand (what's a telephone line?), in currencies they don't normally use, which is a feat unto itself. They are also probably paid on a performance basis. the more "satisfied" calls the can complete in a shift the more money they make. Unfortunately, that can lead to mistakes, and promises they don't have the power to fulfill, but that's what they have to do to make a survivable wage.

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATTU-verseCare and someone should get in touch with you shortly to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.  List Private Messages

Or you can call the Retention Department. The quickest way in is to call the 1-800-288-2020 number, confirm your phone number when it asks (if calling from your home), and then just keep saying "none of those" to the rest of the prompts (be very persistent) and it will connect you to a real human in the US within a minute or two. Tell them to transfer you to the Retention Department. Explain your situation to them and they'll work with you to get your billing straightened out. They've always been able to help me keep my costs in check.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

@lbjoy  wrote:

Sorry to hear you've experienced so much trouble getting your service converted. I can understand your frustration with dealing with the over-seas call center and their "different" accents, but those customer service reps probably don't have any more power than to enter requests into the database for starting/stopping service, repairs, and sales.

They are people probably speaking in "English as a second language", about a service they don't fully understand (what's a telephone line?), in currencies they don't normally use, which is a feat unto itself. They are also probably paid on a performance basis. the more "satisfied" calls the can complete in a shift the more money they make. Unfortunately, that can lead to mistakes, and promises they don't have the power to fulfill, but that's what they have to do to make a survivable wage.

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATTU-verseCare and someone should get in touch with you shortly to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.  List Private Messages

Or you can call the Retention Department. The quickest way in is to call the 1-800-288-2020 number, confirm your phone number when it asks (if calling from your home), and then just keep saying "none of those" to the rest of the prompts (be very persistent) and it will connect you to a real human in the US within a minute or two. Tell them to transfer you to the Retention Department. Explain your situation to them and they'll work with you to get your billing straightened out. They've always been able to help me keep my costs in check.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: U-Verse billing and being lied to

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2014 3:32:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks so much for your input and I did call that 800 number each time.

3 of 4 (289 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2014 5:58:03 PM
(0)
Master

@lbjoy  wrote:

Yes, it's the same number, but if you follow my instructions, you will not get sent to over-seas support.

No matter what the robo-voice says, just keep saying "None of those" (you may have to say it up to a dozen times).

@lbjoy  wrote:

Yes, it's the same number, but if you follow my instructions, you will not get sent to over-seas support.

No matter what the robo-voice says, just keep saying "None of those" (you may have to say it up to a dozen times).

neon_sign.jpg

4 of 4 (278 Views)