U-Verse -Toshiba IP5000 phone issue

Highlighted
Contributor

U-Verse -Toshiba IP5000 phone issue

I was forced by AT&T to switch from DSL to U-Verse in Feb 2012. My Toshiba IP-5000-Series phone worked until mid-June then it stopped connecting to my IP address. Phone worked with DSL and U-Verse until June.

Two other co-workers had the same issue. AT&T said they did not do anything - sounds suspicious since we all had problems about the same time - different parts of the country, only U-Verse in common.

Swapped out the Gateway, swapped out the phone, changed the phone settings - no resolution. Toshiba tech and my IT say it is a phone and U-verse compatibility issue. Can not change phones because I'm using standard company phone. AT&T keeps saying it is my IT or a hardware issue.

Everyone I know using U-Verse and this phone has problems. No one has issues with Verizon FiOS or WOW but they are not in my immediate area. The only choice I have is Time Warner Cable, which is my next stop and I will probably change.

I have not been happy with AT&T and U-Verse since it was forced on me.

Anyone have success with U-Verse and the toshiba IP5000-Series phone?

Message 1 of 2 (224 Views)
Community Support

Re: U-Verse -Toshiba IP5000 phone issue

Hi cwo4navyret,

I apologize for the issues you are having with your phone. It is odd that it just all of a sudden stopped working, and both of you are having the same issue. I would be glad to further investigate this for you. Just to get a little more information, with your IP phone, how are you connecting online. I am assuming through some kind of VPN connection. Also, what type of U-verse router do you have?

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (199 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.