Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 6, 2013
7:53:34 PM
View profile
U-Verse / Time Warner

I have had the U-Verse 18Mbps second plan for a year and it has been rock solid.  In a couple of weeks the discount will end and the cost is $55 per month.  The 18Mbps plan is the fastest speed offered in my area.

Currently Time Warner is offering 30Mbps for $55 and 50Mbps for $65 (plus they will give me a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3).

I think it is a no brainer financially to switch and with the four of us using iPad's I need the speed.... however, Time Warner's reliability is a big unknown.

Should I stay or should I go???

I have had the U-Verse 18Mbps second plan for a year and it has been rock solid.  In a couple of weeks the discount will end and the cost is $55 per month.  The 18Mbps plan is the fastest speed offered in my area.

Currently Time Warner is offering 30Mbps for $55 and 50Mbps for $65 (plus they will give me a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3).

I think it is a no brainer financially to switch and with the four of us using iPad's I need the speed.... however, Time Warner's reliability is a big unknown.

Should I stay or should I go???

U-Verse / Time Warner

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 7:17:59 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by SadathCS on Nov 7, 2013 at 7:18:34 AM

Hello j0hnnyk,

I will be glad to research your account for any upgrade offers. We have received your private message and look forward to increasing your speed and including any applicable upgrade promotions. I will continue assisting you via private message.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello j0hnnyk,

I will be glad to research your account for any upgrade offers. We have received your private message and look forward to increasing your speed and including any applicable upgrade promotions. I will continue assisting you via private message.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: U-Verse / Time Warner

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (2,702 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 7:18:53 AM
(0)
Scholar

I would say that reliability is very dependent on location.  I had TW for the last year in Austin and always received faster speeds than they state.  

I also think it is a good idea to switch back and forth regularly to keep prices in check.  I just switched back to Uverse internet because I could get a lower rate than TW, which had just raised my prices after 1 year.

I would say that reliability is very dependent on location.  I had TW for the last year in Austin and always received faster speeds than they state.  

I also think it is a good idea to switch back and forth regularly to keep prices in check.  I just switched back to Uverse internet because I could get a lower rate than TW, which had just raised my prices after 1 year.

3 of 5 (2,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 7:30:40 AM
(0)
Employee
Choice is always a personal one, expiring promotion...have you contacted retention to see about new promo rate compared to standard rate.
TW new rate is also promotion for how long? Could order now, use both, after evaluation cancel the least performing.

Once Uverse promotion expires can cancel at any time without early termination fee, does TW offer 30 day trail period like Uverse.

ChrisB187 had success with RETENTIONS, http://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-General-Care-and-Support/How-to-effecetively-reduce-my-monthy-Uvers...
Choice is always a personal one, expiring promotion...have you contacted retention to see about new promo rate compared to standard rate.
TW new rate is also promotion for how long? Could order now, use both, after evaluation cancel the least performing.

Once Uverse promotion expires can cancel at any time without early termination fee, does TW offer 30 day trail period like Uverse.

ChrisB187 had success with RETENTIONS, http://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-General-Care-and-Support/How-to-effecetively-reduce-my-monthy-Uverse-Bill/m-p/3760767#M21883
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (2,697 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 9:28:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by oufanindallas on Nov 7, 2013 at 9:30:10 AM

I've had TWC and I didn't like the reliability of their service. I've had UVerse since 2009 in 3 different locations and haven't had an issue other than my builder cutting my cable while working on the house next door.  Was fixed by AT&T the next day.  I can't see changing providers every year because it's too much of a hassel sending all the equipment back and having to take a day off for installation, (TWC had to take two because of a no show and Direct and Dish no showed three times.)

I have 12Mbps now and it's more than enough to have Netflix streaming on two or three devices at one time and two pc's connected wirelessly.  I average around 11Mbps even with all the devices and multiple tvs on.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

I've had TWC and I didn't like the reliability of their service. I've had UVerse since 2009 in 3 different locations and haven't had an issue other than my builder cutting my cable while working on the house next door.  Was fixed by AT&T the next day.  I can't see changing providers every year because it's too much of a hassel sending all the equipment back and having to take a day off for installation, (TWC had to take two because of a no show and Direct and Dish no showed three times.)

I have 12Mbps now and it's more than enough to have Netflix streaming on two or three devices at one time and two pc's connected wirelessly.  I average around 11Mbps even with all the devices and multiple tvs on.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
5 of 5 (2,676 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments