U-Verse TV Web Remote Access

Scholar

U-Verse TV Web Remote Access

Starting around this past Sunday I had problems even getting to access the guide.  Maybe on Monday, logging out and logging back in takes two tries but I can now get to my guide.  Tried logging off and rebooting, no help.

I can view Scheduled programs but I can't schedule a program because it states that it can't access the settings.  I can't view recorded programs either.

The funny part is that the Android app works perfectly and no problem from the TV itself.

Message 1 of 69 (3,278 Views)
Mentor

Re: U-Verse TV Web Remote Access

9/4/2013      UPDATE:   WRA still showing 'search failed'  and sometimes very slow to download.    

UVERSE.COM(Uverseonline) - MyDVR still missing channel 152  (SyFy) (I don't know if any other channels are missing)  while the same channel listing, SyFy channel 152, shows up in WRA.   Also, I sometimes cannot schedule programs.

In other words, WRA and Uverse.com still not fixed in my area.

Message 46 of 69 (1,665 Views)
Community Support

Hello everyone, 

We would certainly love to help.  All those having issues, please send us a Private Message with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached. We have an awesome team of managers who will gladly help. They will be in touch within the next 48 hours. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 47 of 69 (1,649 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

Fox Mulder:

Channel 1652 in my DVR is a HD channel and I don't have/pay for it. In WRA, 1652 isn't a HD channel.  Understand?  Do you have HD?

It is confusing!

Message 48 of 69 (1,633 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

ATTJulieCS wrote:

Hello everyone, 

We would certainly love to help.  All those having issues, please send us a Private Message with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached. We have an awesome team of managers who will gladly help. They will be in touch within the next 48 hours. 

Julie - that may mean everyone.  I used the WRA yesterday and got "Search Failed" about 20% of the time.  So, it seems like a fairly widespread but sporadic issue.  The bigger issue is the incorrect times in Search and More Showtimes, fields.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 49 of 69 (1,613 Views)
Mentor

dhascall     Thank you for recognizing this problem.  You have a 20% failure, I have a 100% failure since at least 8/21/2013.   I have sent a message and if you have read this forum you will read that I have contacted Customer Support (3 times),Second Tier (2 times), and a Manager (1 time) since I recognized that there was a problem with WRA and Uverse.com MyDVR.

Message 50 of 69 (1,612 Views)
ACE - Master

grnfrg wrote:

dhascall     Thank you for recognizing this problem.  You have a 20% failure, I have a 100% failure since at least 8/21/2013.   I have sent a message and if you have read this forum you will read that I have contacted Customer Support (3 times),Second Tier (2 times), and a Manager (1 time) since I recognized that there was a problem with WRA and Uverse.com MyDVR.

Have you performed a reboot of your DVR?  That will clear up many Web Remote Issues.  have you tried from multiple browsers, multiple PC's and multiple ISP's?  My work computer does not like the WRA (I think it is the work IT's "locked down java install").

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 51 of 69 (1,614 Views)
Employee

wptski wrote:

Fox Mulder:

Channel 1652 in my DVR is a HD channel and I don't have/pay for it. In WRA, 1652 isn't a HD channel.  Understand?  Do you have HD?

It is confusing!

My WRA on ch 1652 shows it as HD, When I look at my TV, on ch 1652 it's HD. When you look at 1651, it's the SD dual mapped from 651. I think you have it backwards.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 52 of 69 (1,616 Views)
Mentor

I've rebooted the DVR 3 times, used two browsers, only have one PC.   The onsite tech, who came out when a Second Tier rep insisted something was wrong with the line (which when tested was working properly), said that it was software and seemed to feel that a problem started when the routers were last updated.  I then spoke to the Manager the day after the onsite tech was at my home, (whose name was given to me by the onsite tech)  who also agreed that this was a software issue with ATT and probably occurred at the last update.  He said that he would be  putting in a report of the problem.  

Message 53 of 69 (1,607 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

Fox Mulder wrote:

My WRA on ch 1652 shows it as HD, When I look at my TV, on ch 1652 it's HD. When you look at 1651, it's the SD dual mapped from 651. I think you have it backwards.

U-Verse has changed in WRA since yesterday!  My Favorites, what was channel 1652 is now 1651 which as you state, dual mapped of 651.  So, what WRA went from showing 651/652 to 651/1652 and now 651/1651, all on its own.  I manually added 652.  Now WRA, DVR and my Android tablet all agree.  Logging in is still iffy.

Like just now, tried to view Recorded programs and "unable to retrieve data" shows up, refresh page, data shows up.

Message 54 of 69 (1,605 Views)
ACE - Master

grnfrg wrote:

I've rebooted the DVR 3 times, used two browsers, only have one PC.   The onsite tech, who came out when a Second Tier rep insisted something was wrong with the line (which when tested was working properly), said that it was software and seemed to feel that a problem started when the routers were last updated.  I then spoke to the Manager the day after the onsite tech was at my home, (whose name was given to me by the onsite tech)  who also agreed that this was a software issue with ATT and probably occurred at the last update.  He said that he would be  putting in a report of the problem.  

It really sounds like you have more issues than I have found.  Have you rebooted your Gateway?  Just thinking out loud on a whim.

If you still have issues, send Julie a PM.

Message 55 of 69 (1,593 Views)
Mentor

Done all that and was also given a new router.  This has nothing to do with my system or line. Tried everything before calling ATT. Please read the messages from me and others on this forum.  There is too much to rehash.  This all has to do with ATT software.  ATT recognizes the problem but cannot say when it will be fixed. For some this has been going on since before 8/16/2013. Very frustrating.

Message 56 of 69 (1,584 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

I would not be at all surprised if all this started when the incorrect Time zone stuff happened with the More Showtimes.  Have you asked them to check your DVR account?  This is not the same as looking at your DVR.  Once in a while the AT&T "permission serves" will not be synched with your DVR.   Once my DVR had 190 scheduled series but AT&T showed 275.  They had to do a full wipe of the DVR (more than a normal reset).

Message 57 of 69 (1,567 Views)
Scholar

dhascall wrote:

I would not be at all surprised if all this started when the incorrect Time zone stuff happened with the More Showtimes.  Have you asked them to check your DVR account?  This is not the same as looking at your DVR.  Once in a while the AT&T "permission serves" will not be synched with your DVR.   Once my DVR had 190 scheduled series but AT&T showed 275.  They had to do a full wipe of the DVR (more than a normal reset).

Not sure what you call a full wipe.  Besides the "Hold Power Button for ten seconds" there is another where you some other buttons down and then Power Up.  I think that forces an update of sorts and takes like twenty minutes to complete.  I had a Tech that had me do that one time right after my install.

Message 58 of 69 (1,565 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

wptski wrote:

dhascall wrote:

Not sure what you call a full wipe.  Besides the "Hold Power Button for ten seconds" there is another where you some other buttons down and then Power Up.  I think that forces an update of sorts and takes like twenty minutes to complete.  I had a Tech that had me do that one time right after my install.

It basically resets your entire DVR profile on both your DVR and the AT&T servers.  It is even more "disastrous" than "Disaster Recovery" but it was the only thing that cleared up my DVR issues (Some recorded shows not recording, some not playing, some series only recording a few scheduled and so on)..  Tier 2 or the Social Media team will let you know if your account is messed up.  And when I say "account," I do not mean billing.

Message 59 of 69 (1,558 Views)
Mentor

I contacted ATT thru the private message link JulieCS gave us. I'm sorry, but thru another message from the Community Moderator quoting guidelines, I cannot copy/paste the message sent to me and must paraphrase, so here goes.

Because of the changes in multiple browsers, the 'web remote assistance program'  is running into issues. The issues that I reported to them (please see my prior posts/comments) are some of those issues.  ATT is hoping to have those issues resolved by the end of the year.

I contacted ATT again to make sure that they meant year and not month.  ATT U-verseCare said that he/she was told the end of the year, but because of testing the system for problems after the fix,  there is no real set date.

Again, it might possibly be the end of the year before the problem is fixed with the web remote assistance programs.

Message 60 of 69 (1,504 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.