Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 16, 2013
6:54:43 AM
View profile
U-Verse TV Web Remote Access

Starting around this past Sunday I had problems even getting to access the guide.  Maybe on Monday, logging out and logging back in takes two tries but I can now get to my guide.  Tried logging off and rebooting, no help.

I can view Scheduled programs but I can't schedule a program because it states that it can't access the settings.  I can't view recorded programs either.

The funny part is that the Android app works perfectly and no problem from the TV itself.

Starting around this past Sunday I had problems even getting to access the guide.  Maybe on Monday, logging out and logging back in takes two tries but I can now get to my guide.  Tried logging off and rebooting, no help.

I can view Scheduled programs but I can't schedule a program because it states that it can't access the settings.  I can't view recorded programs either.

The funny part is that the Android app works perfectly and no problem from the TV itself.

U-Verse TV Web Remote Access

68 replies
(7) Me too
(7) Me too
View all replies
(68)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 6:01:20 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by wptski on Sep 1, 2013 at 6:05:58 AM

I was trying to schedule my weeks recording and WRA was working at this time.  A program on one of the new Fox Sports channels 651/652 or the old Speed channels.

It showed programs as a repeat of a first airing date but if I looked at the so-called first airing date, no program was there!  Watching TV last night and sure enough while channel flipping, there was one them in progress and almost over.  I didn't think to look at the TV instead of WRA but in the future, I'll be doing that.

BTW: If you get any error while using WRA, refresh the page that sometimes help and sometimes it needs repeated hits.

I was trying to schedule my weeks recording and WRA was working at this time.  A program on one of the new Fox Sports channels 651/652 or the old Speed channels.

It showed programs as a repeat of a first airing date but if I looked at the so-called first airing date, no program was there!  Watching TV last night and sure enough while channel flipping, there was one them in progress and almost over.  I didn't think to look at the TV instead of WRA but in the future, I'll be doing that.

BTW: If you get any error while using WRA, refresh the page that sometimes help and sometimes it needs repeated hits.

Re: U-Verse TV Web Remote Access

[ Edited ]
31 of 69 (1,499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 7:37:29 AM
(0)
Mentor

aviewer    So you tried Uverseonline.att.net?  I rather liked it, but you cannot search for an actors name.  If I can't remember the movie, I do a search for the actor.  Also, even though it says you can choose your 'Favorite' channels, there is no way to do it.  I can, however, schedule programs.  It seems then that both DVR programming sites are messed up.

I don't know where you live, but another person having problems is in Michigan and as I stated, I'm in California.  I don't seem to be having as many problems that you and 'wptski' are having.  Knock on wood.

aviewer    So you tried Uverseonline.att.net?  I rather liked it, but you cannot search for an actors name.  If I can't remember the movie, I do a search for the actor.  Also, even though it says you can choose your 'Favorite' channels, there is no way to do it.  I can, however, schedule programs.  It seems then that both DVR programming sites are messed up.

I don't know where you live, but another person having problems is in Michigan and as I stated, I'm in California.  I don't seem to be having as many problems that you and 'wptski' are having.  Knock on wood.

32 of 69 (1,493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 7:47:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
I am in CT. I was just trying it again.
I was logged in & saw the DVR button & clicked & saw my recordings.
So, I searched for food fanatics & it did not come up at the top of the list like it did yesterday. Huh?
Then I saw a click for more list & clicked, but did not see anything.
Then I searched and scheduled on the TV.
When I looked back at the list I did scroll spasm & found the show at the very bottom of the list.
Exact matches belong at the top of the list.
I am in CT. I was just trying it again.
I was logged in & saw the DVR button & clicked & saw my recordings.
So, I searched for food fanatics & it did not come up at the top of the list like it did yesterday. Huh?
Then I saw a click for more list & clicked, but did not see anything.
Then I searched and scheduled on the TV.
When I looked back at the list I did scroll spasm & found the show at the very bottom of the list.
Exact matches belong at the top of the list.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

33 of 69 (1,493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 9:58:57 AM
(0)
Mentor

So, on the  Uverseonline.net site,  not on the WRA, you clicked on  DVR, then Recordings and at the 'Date/Title' you asked for 'Title' and Food Fanatics did not list alphabetically?  If I'm following you correctly, you're right.That site has a problem with the DVR programming,  also.  I noticed yesterday that I no longer have the DVR button at the top of the site.  It's now at the bottom. It's not even showing as a button, but just the words  'Live TV - TvListings - MyDVR'. I've logged out, logged back in, reloaded, everything to see if I can get the site back to the way it was originally. Nope.

I also noticed that 4 or 5 weeks ago I started showing listings for HBO and Cinemax.  The same with the Uverseonline site.  That makes it annoying when searching for a movie.  The movie will show up, but it will be on the HBO or Cinemax  channel which I don't get, so essentially I wasted my time and also have some disappointment.

So, my problem(s) are as follows,    WRA search feature...BROKEN.   WRA... getting HBO and Cinemax channels showing up in the grid, but I don't have them in the U300 package and I can't view them or record them so they are just a tease of what is showing on those channels making them an annoyance.      UVERSEONLINE... lost channel 152 (SyFy channel, which is a part of the  U300 package). I haven't really checked to see what other channels I have lost. And, I am also getting HBO and Cinemax on this site.

And, as I stated in a prior message, ATT has no idea when the sites will be fixed.  They did say that some AREAS have been fixed, which I don't believe.   

So, on the  Uverseonline.net site,  not on the WRA, you clicked on  DVR, then Recordings and at the 'Date/Title' you asked for 'Title' and Food Fanatics did not list alphabetically?  If I'm following you correctly, you're right.That site has a problem with the DVR programming,  also.  I noticed yesterday that I no longer have the DVR button at the top of the site.  It's now at the bottom. It's not even showing as a button, but just the words  'Live TV - TvListings - MyDVR'. I've logged out, logged back in, reloaded, everything to see if I can get the site back to the way it was originally. Nope.

I also noticed that 4 or 5 weeks ago I started showing listings for HBO and Cinemax.  The same with the Uverseonline site.  That makes it annoying when searching for a movie.  The movie will show up, but it will be on the HBO or Cinemax  channel which I don't get, so essentially I wasted my time and also have some disappointment.

So, my problem(s) are as follows,    WRA search feature...BROKEN.   WRA... getting HBO and Cinemax channels showing up in the grid, but I don't have them in the U300 package and I can't view them or record them so they are just a tease of what is showing on those channels making them an annoyance.      UVERSEONLINE... lost channel 152 (SyFy channel, which is a part of the  U300 package). I haven't really checked to see what other channels I have lost. And, I am also getting HBO and Cinemax on this site.

And, as I stated in a prior message, ATT has no idea when the sites will be fixed.  They did say that some AREAS have been fixed, which I don't believe.   

34 of 69 (1,481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 10:47:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
I am not even sure what the address is for the WRA. A while back people were having trouble with one & I was suggesting another that worked. This is my bookmark -http://uversetv.att.yahoo.com/wra/uverse/#tabs_guide. This one is terribly confusing to me because it has a full page ad for Allstate. I thought I was on the wrong site.

Then I took a liking to uverse.com. It appeared to be what at&t is moving to - ala att.com & att.net. I thought that is a good thing. But, like all changes it introduces problems & dislikes.

Having things in the guide that I do not subscribe to does not bother me because I never visit those portions of the guide. But, having them on these pages does. Because THEY ARE IN MY FACE.

I was on uverse.com & saw that I was able to communicate with my DVR. I thought since communication must be available I would try a find and schedule that previously failed. I used the search at the top of the screen. I do not see any options. Yesterday the return impressed me. Today - just the opposite.
I am not even sure what the address is for the WRA. A while back people were having trouble with one & I was suggesting another that worked. This is my bookmark -http://uversetv.att.yahoo.com/wra/uverse/#tabs_guide. This one is terribly confusing to me because it has a full page ad for Allstate. I thought I was on the wrong site.

Then I took a liking to uverse.com. It appeared to be what at&t is moving to - ala att.com & att.net. I thought that is a good thing. But, like all changes it introduces problems & dislikes.

Having things in the guide that I do not subscribe to does not bother me because I never visit those portions of the guide. But, having them on these pages does. Because THEY ARE IN MY FACE.

I was on uverse.com & saw that I was able to communicate with my DVR. I thought since communication must be available I would try a find and schedule that previously failed. I used the search at the top of the screen. I do not see any options. Yesterday the return impressed me. Today - just the opposite.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

35 of 69 (1,465 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 11:05:23 AM
(0)
Mentor

That's the address for the WRA that I use, minus      /#tabs_guide.      I clicked on the bookmark you sent and it brought up the WRA without an Allstate ad.  What's with the Allstate ad showing up for you?!

I like some of the Uverse.com features, too.  I didn't use the Uverse.com site very much because, as I said, the search feature doesn't allow a search for actors names.   I wish they would combine the best of both.  Last night when I spoke with 'George' at ATT customer support I told him that Uverseonline (Uverse.com) was having problems, too. I asked him if both sites were affected and being worked on, he said yes.    Have you called ATT to get any information regarding problems you are having with both sites?

That's the address for the WRA that I use, minus      /#tabs_guide.      I clicked on the bookmark you sent and it brought up the WRA without an Allstate ad.  What's with the Allstate ad showing up for you?!

I like some of the Uverse.com features, too.  I didn't use the Uverse.com site very much because, as I said, the search feature doesn't allow a search for actors names.   I wish they would combine the best of both.  Last night when I spoke with 'George' at ATT customer support I told him that Uverseonline (Uverse.com) was having problems, too. I asked him if both sites were affected and being worked on, he said yes.    Have you called ATT to get any information regarding problems you are having with both sites?

36 of 69 (1,463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 11:29:17 AM
(0)
Mentor

marrog82199   I have problems with the search feature on Web Remote Access (WRA), 'search failed, please try again'  and receive 'cannot be scheduled at this time' message on Uverse.com.    I CAN schedule on WRA if I schedule from the 'grid' where all the tv shows/movies are listed by channel/date/time.

marrog82199   I have problems with the search feature on Web Remote Access (WRA), 'search failed, please try again'  and receive 'cannot be scheduled at this time' message on Uverse.com.    I CAN schedule on WRA if I schedule from the 'grid' where all the tv shows/movies are listed by channel/date/time.

37 of 69 (1,457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 11:31:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
This time it has a Martin Luther KIng Jr. item covering 7/8 of the page, replacing Allstate. The sign-in box is on the right. But it just does not have the blue & orange trademark coloring.

It is interesting to me to observe differences in philosophy on reporting problems. Props to you for calling in. I see so many posts asking for help when it is obvious to me that they just need to call in. They will do anything to avoid direct contact - the one thing that can help.

I would call in immediately on any equipment or service problem. Well, I can do some trouble shooting. But, I do avoid calling on background issues. I do not want to take the time. I have been using PMs to address such issues.

I see a lot of names when I search - thinking it does take names - but looking closer - the names are in the music category. Names do need to be applied to all categories,
This time it has a Martin Luther KIng Jr. item covering 7/8 of the page, replacing Allstate. The sign-in box is on the right. But it just does not have the blue & orange trademark coloring.

It is interesting to me to observe differences in philosophy on reporting problems. Props to you for calling in. I see so many posts asking for help when it is obvious to me that they just need to call in. They will do anything to avoid direct contact - the one thing that can help.

I would call in immediately on any equipment or service problem. Well, I can do some trouble shooting. But, I do avoid calling on background issues. I do not want to take the time. I have been using PMs to address such issues.

I see a lot of names when I search - thinking it does take names - but looking closer - the names are in the music category. Names do need to be applied to all categories,

38 of 69 (1,459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 6:49:03 PM
(0)
Mentor

I'll call in if I have service or equipment problems, AFTER I have tried to solve the problem myself.  In this case, having had this problem last March and being told that until they started receiving more calls they considered it an isolated problem, I thought I would start pestering them.  I'm pretty patient with this stuff until I start getting the runaround or keep getting conflicting answers (or no answers).  I've noticed that there have been a lot of hits on this forum. I wonder how many of them have called in to question or complain. Sure, I've been giving people updates as to what I've been told, but sometimes businesses, whatever service they provide, need to know that their customers are dissatisfied. 

People, you pay money to this company for a service that has been broken, by their own admission, for the past two weeks. Call and let them know this is unacceptable.   Jeez!

Okay, I think I'm done with my rant.

I'll call in if I have service or equipment problems, AFTER I have tried to solve the problem myself.  In this case, having had this problem last March and being told that until they started receiving more calls they considered it an isolated problem, I thought I would start pestering them.  I'm pretty patient with this stuff until I start getting the runaround or keep getting conflicting answers (or no answers).  I've noticed that there have been a lot of hits on this forum. I wonder how many of them have called in to question or complain. Sure, I've been giving people updates as to what I've been told, but sometimes businesses, whatever service they provide, need to know that their customers are dissatisfied. 

People, you pay money to this company for a service that has been broken, by their own admission, for the past two weeks. Call and let them know this is unacceptable.   Jeez!

Okay, I think I'm done with my rant.

39 of 69 (1,411 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 10:31:47 PM
(0)
Voyager

the search in online programing for my DVR has stopped working, when I search for something it usually says  "search failed, try again" sometimes it finds what I searched for but when I click it,  it says "search failed, try again".  Does anyone know how I canget it working correctly likeit used to?  Thanks,

the search in online programing for my DVR has stopped working, when I search for something it usually says  "search failed, try again" sometimes it finds what I searched for but when I click it,  it says "search failed, try again".  Does anyone know how I canget it working correctly likeit used to?  Thanks,

dvr online programming

40 of 69 (1,407 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply

Re: dvr online programming

41 of 69 (1,388 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 4:49:25 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by wptski on Sep 2, 2013 at 4:51:09 AM

I'm one who has complained here about the problems but haven't called in.  I did call in when I lost "all" my U-Verse service including my phone.  Used 30 minutes of my monthly 200 minutes cell phone time waiting to speak to a live person and finally gave up only to have it "fixed" by them some two hours or so later.

I've been real busy lately and when I get caught up, I will call.

Just tried to log in the WRA and got the " can't retrieve settings".  Did a page refresh and everything shows.  Go figure....

I'm one who has complained here about the problems but haven't called in.  I did call in when I lost "all" my U-Verse service including my phone.  Used 30 minutes of my monthly 200 minutes cell phone time waiting to speak to a live person and finally gave up only to have it "fixed" by them some two hours or so later.

I've been real busy lately and when I get caught up, I will call.

Just tried to log in the WRA and got the " can't retrieve settings".  Did a page refresh and everything shows.  Go figure....

[ Edited ]
42 of 69 (1,389 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 7:13:59 AM
(0)
Mentor

wptski     I know what you mean about using cell phone time.   I had the same problem about 1 year ago.  And, let's face it, sometimes you just don't want to interact with someone from ATT.  Customer Service reps are the worst, getting to Second Tier is sometimes a little better. The first two calls I made, the Customer Service  rep relayed the problem to the Second Tier rep incorrectly.  I had to start all over again with the problem, and as I told you, the second Second Tier rep was useless.

Please don't think I'm attacking you or anyone else on this forum.   When I came here to reply to you, you already had 18 hits on your message, showing 18 more people were showing up to this forum to find out about the problem.  That's 18 more complaints that  could be made.

wptski     I know what you mean about using cell phone time.   I had the same problem about 1 year ago.  And, let's face it, sometimes you just don't want to interact with someone from ATT.  Customer Service reps are the worst, getting to Second Tier is sometimes a little better. The first two calls I made, the Customer Service  rep relayed the problem to the Second Tier rep incorrectly.  I had to start all over again with the problem, and as I told you, the second Second Tier rep was useless.

Please don't think I'm attacking you or anyone else on this forum.   When I came here to reply to you, you already had 18 hits on your message, showing 18 more people were showing up to this forum to find out about the problem.  That's 18 more complaints that  could be made.

43 of 69 (1,367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 4:13:11 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by wptski on Sep 3, 2013 at 6:40:59 PM

A few posts above I mention about repeat programs showing a original air date but I was unable to find the original program.

Today, WRA still a pain to log in, navigate, etc. but the two channels Fox Sports 1&2 were 651/652.  Today in my Favorites they were shown as 651/1652, say what???  Seems for some strange reason there is a FS2 listed as 1652 but it doesn't broadcast the same programs as FS2/652!  I added FS2/652 to my Favorites and everything compares now.

At my DVR, 652 was always that and nothing changed after Fox Sports 1/2 Network came to be!  Go figure......

Edit:

Not so!  In my DVR, 1652 is a HD channel which I don't have, 1651 is FS2.  They have the channel numbers crossed between WRA and the DVR which is the same on the Android app.  You'd also think that the last digit of the channel number would coincide also, meaning 652 is FS2 but it's not, it's FS1!  Confusing I'd say.

A few posts above I mention about repeat programs showing a original air date but I was unable to find the original program.

Today, WRA still a pain to log in, navigate, etc. but the two channels Fox Sports 1&2 were 651/652.  Today in my Favorites they were shown as 651/1652, say what???  Seems for some strange reason there is a FS2 listed as 1652 but it doesn't broadcast the same programs as FS2/652!  I added FS2/652 to my Favorites and everything compares now.

At my DVR, 652 was always that and nothing changed after Fox Sports 1/2 Network came to be!  Go figure......

Edit:

Not so!  In my DVR, 1652 is a HD channel which I don't have, 1651 is FS2.  They have the channel numbers crossed between WRA and the DVR which is the same on the Android app.  You'd also think that the last digit of the channel number would coincide also, meaning 652 is FS2 but it's not, it's FS1!  Confusing I'd say.

[ Edited ]
44 of 69 (1,286 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 6:15:25 AM
(0)
Employee

wptski wrote:

Edit:

In my DVR, 652/1652 is FS1. 651/1651 is FS2

In my WRA 652/1652 is FS1. 651/1651 is FS2

On my iPhone app that also match.

I do not see where you are saying the channels are switched between platforms.

My WRA fires right up with no issues. And the tuner positions are all based on contract, so blame FOX Sports for the positing of the channels.

Your post was confusing. Did I read that wrong?

You may need to reset your equipment.

wptski wrote:

Edit:

In my DVR, 652/1652 is FS1. 651/1651 is FS2

In my WRA 652/1652 is FS1. 651/1651 is FS2

On my iPhone app that also match.

I do not see where you are saying the channels are switched between platforms.

My WRA fires right up with no issues. And the tuner positions are all based on contract, so blame FOX Sports for the positing of the channels.

Your post was confusing. Did I read that wrong?

You may need to reset your equipment.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

45 of 69 (1,233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 7:29:50 AM
(0)
Mentor

9/4/2013      UPDATE:   WRA still showing 'search failed'  and sometimes very slow to download.    

UVERSE.COM(Uverseonline) - MyDVR still missing channel 152  (SyFy) (I don't know if any other channels are missing)  while the same channel listing, SyFy channel 152, shows up in WRA.   Also, I sometimes cannot schedule programs.

In other words, WRA and Uverse.com still not fixed in my area.

9/4/2013      UPDATE:   WRA still showing 'search failed'  and sometimes very slow to download.    

UVERSE.COM(Uverseonline) - MyDVR still missing channel 152  (SyFy) (I don't know if any other channels are missing)  while the same channel listing, SyFy channel 152, shows up in WRA.   Also, I sometimes cannot schedule programs.

In other words, WRA and Uverse.com still not fixed in my area.

46 of 69 (1,239 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 8:02:48 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hello everyone, 

We would certainly love to help.  All those having issues, please send us a Private Message with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached. We have an awesome team of managers who will gladly help. They will be in touch within the next 48 hours. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello everyone, 

We would certainly love to help.  All those having issues, please send us a Private Message with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached. We have an awesome team of managers who will gladly help. They will be in touch within the next 48 hours. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

47 of 69 (1,223 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 8:48:03 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by wptski on Sep 4, 2013 at 8:50:52 AM

Fox Mulder:

Channel 1652 in my DVR is a HD channel and I don't have/pay for it. In WRA, 1652 isn't a HD channel.  Understand?  Do you have HD?

It is confusing!

Fox Mulder:

Channel 1652 in my DVR is a HD channel and I don't have/pay for it. In WRA, 1652 isn't a HD channel.  Understand?  Do you have HD?

It is confusing!

[ Edited ]
48 of 69 (1,207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 9:19:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Sep 4, 2013 at 9:53:01 AM

ATTJulieCS wrote:

Hello everyone, 

We would certainly love to help.  All those having issues, please send us a Private Message with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached. We have an awesome team of managers who will gladly help. They will be in touch within the next 48 hours. 

Julie - that may mean everyone.  I used the WRA yesterday and got "Search Failed" about 20% of the time.  So, it seems like a fairly widespread but sporadic issue.  The bigger issue is the incorrect times in Search and More Showtimes, fields.

ATTJulieCS wrote:

Hello everyone, 

We would certainly love to help.  All those having issues, please send us a Private Message with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached. We have an awesome team of managers who will gladly help. They will be in touch within the next 48 hours. 

Julie - that may mean everyone.  I used the WRA yesterday and got "Search Failed" about 20% of the time.  So, it seems like a fairly widespread but sporadic issue.  The bigger issue is the incorrect times in Search and More Showtimes, fields.

[ Edited ]
49 of 69 (1,187 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 9:27:20 AM
(0)
Mentor

dhascall     Thank you for recognizing this problem.  You have a 20% failure, I have a 100% failure since at least 8/21/2013.   I have sent a message and if you have read this forum you will read that I have contacted Customer Support (3 times),Second Tier (2 times), and a Manager (1 time) since I recognized that there was a problem with WRA and Uverse.com MyDVR.

dhascall     Thank you for recognizing this problem.  You have a 20% failure, I have a 100% failure since at least 8/21/2013.   I have sent a message and if you have read this forum you will read that I have contacted Customer Support (3 times),Second Tier (2 times), and a Manager (1 time) since I recognized that there was a problem with WRA and Uverse.com MyDVR.

50 of 69 (1,186 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 9:56:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

grnfrg wrote:

Have you performed a reboot of your DVR?  That will clear up many Web Remote Issues.  have you tried from multiple browsers, multiple PC's and multiple ISP's?  My work computer does not like the WRA (I think it is the work IT's "locked down java install").

grnfrg wrote:

Have you performed a reboot of your DVR?  That will clear up many Web Remote Issues.  have you tried from multiple browsers, multiple PC's and multiple ISP's?  My work computer does not like the WRA (I think it is the work IT's "locked down java install").

51 of 69 (1,188 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 9:56:53 AM
(0)
Employee

wptski wrote:

Fox Mulder:

It is confusing!

My WRA on ch 1652 shows it as HD, When I look at my TV, on ch 1652 it's HD. When you look at 1651, it's the SD dual mapped from 651. I think you have it backwards.

wptski wrote:

Fox Mulder:

It is confusing!

My WRA on ch 1652 shows it as HD, When I look at my TV, on ch 1652 it's HD. When you look at 1651, it's the SD dual mapped from 651. I think you have it backwards.

52 of 69 (1,190 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 10:09:39 AM
(0)
Mentor

I've rebooted the DVR 3 times, used two browsers, only have one PC.   The onsite tech, who came out when a Second Tier rep insisted something was wrong with the line (which when tested was working properly), said that it was software and seemed to feel that a problem started when the routers were last updated.  I then spoke to the Manager the day after the onsite tech was at my home, (whose name was given to me by the onsite tech)  who also agreed that this was a software issue with ATT and probably occurred at the last update.  He said that he would be  putting in a report of the problem.  

I've rebooted the DVR 3 times, used two browsers, only have one PC.   The onsite tech, who came out when a Second Tier rep insisted something was wrong with the line (which when tested was working properly), said that it was software and seemed to feel that a problem started when the routers were last updated.  I then spoke to the Manager the day after the onsite tech was at my home, (whose name was given to me by the onsite tech)  who also agreed that this was a software issue with ATT and probably occurred at the last update.  He said that he would be  putting in a report of the problem.  

53 of 69 (1,181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 10:14:55 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by wptski on Sep 4, 2013 at 10:16:27 AM

Fox Mulder wrote:

U-Verse has changed in WRA since yesterday!  My Favorites, what was channel 1652 is now 1651 which as you state, dual mapped of 651.  So, what WRA went from showing 651/652 to 651/1652 and now 651/1651, all on its own.  I manually added 652.  Now WRA, DVR and my Android tablet all agree.  Logging in is still iffy.

Like just now, tried to view Recorded programs and "unable to retrieve data" shows up, refresh page, data shows up.

Fox Mulder wrote:

U-Verse has changed in WRA since yesterday!  My Favorites, what was channel 1652 is now 1651 which as you state, dual mapped of 651.  So, what WRA went from showing 651/652 to 651/1652 and now 651/1651, all on its own.  I manually added 652.  Now WRA, DVR and my Android tablet all agree.  Logging in is still iffy.

Like just now, tried to view Recorded programs and "unable to retrieve data" shows up, refresh page, data shows up.

[ Edited ]
54 of 69 (1,179 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 10:29:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

grnfrg wrote:

It really sounds like you have more issues than I have found.  Have you rebooted your Gateway?  Just thinking out loud on a whim.

If you still have issues, send Julie a PM.

grnfrg wrote:

It really sounds like you have more issues than I have found.  Have you rebooted your Gateway?  Just thinking out loud on a whim.

If you still have issues, send Julie a PM.

55 of 69 (1,167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 10:41:02 AM
(0)
Mentor

Done all that and was also given a new router.  This has nothing to do with my system or line. Tried everything before calling ATT. Please read the messages from me and others on this forum.  There is too much to rehash.  This all has to do with ATT software.  ATT recognizes the problem but cannot say when it will be fixed. For some this has been going on since before 8/16/2013. Very frustrating.

Done all that and was also given a new router.  This has nothing to do with my system or line. Tried everything before calling ATT. Please read the messages from me and others on this forum.  There is too much to rehash.  This all has to do with ATT software.  ATT recognizes the problem but cannot say when it will be fixed. For some this has been going on since before 8/16/2013. Very frustrating.

56 of 69 (1,158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 11:11:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I would not be at all surprised if all this started when the incorrect Time zone stuff happened with the More Showtimes.  Have you asked them to check your DVR account?  This is not the same as looking at your DVR.  Once in a while the AT&T "permission serves" will not be synched with your DVR.   Once my DVR had 190 scheduled series but AT&T showed 275.  They had to do a full wipe of the DVR (more than a normal reset).

I would not be at all surprised if all this started when the incorrect Time zone stuff happened with the More Showtimes.  Have you asked them to check your DVR account?  This is not the same as looking at your DVR.  Once in a while the AT&T "permission serves" will not be synched with your DVR.   Once my DVR had 190 scheduled series but AT&T showed 275.  They had to do a full wipe of the DVR (more than a normal reset).

57 of 69 (1,141 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 11:56:15 AM
(0)
Scholar

dhascall wrote:

Not sure what you call a full wipe.  Besides the "Hold Power Button for ten seconds" there is another where you some other buttons down and then Power Up.  I think that forces an update of sorts and takes like twenty minutes to complete.  I had a Tech that had me do that one time right after my install.

dhascall wrote:

Not sure what you call a full wipe.  Besides the "Hold Power Button for ten seconds" there is another where you some other buttons down and then Power Up.  I think that forces an update of sorts and takes like twenty minutes to complete.  I had a Tech that had me do that one time right after my install.

58 of 69 (1,139 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 1:37:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Sep 4, 2013 at 1:40:03 PM

wptski wrote:

dhascall wrote:

It basically resets your entire DVR profile on both your DVR and the AT&T servers.  It is even more "disastrous" than "Disaster Recovery" but it was the only thing that cleared up my DVR issues (Some recorded shows not recording, some not playing, some series only recording a few scheduled and so on)..  Tier 2 or the Social Media team will let you know if your account is messed up.  And when I say "account," I do not mean billing.

wptski wrote:

dhascall wrote:

It basically resets your entire DVR profile on both your DVR and the AT&T servers.  It is even more "disastrous" than "Disaster Recovery" but it was the only thing that cleared up my DVR issues (Some recorded shows not recording, some not playing, some series only recording a few scheduled and so on)..  Tier 2 or the Social Media team will let you know if your account is messed up.  And when I say "account," I do not mean billing.

[ Edited ]
59 of 69 (1,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 11:39:04 AM
(0)
Mentor

I contacted ATT thru the private message link JulieCS gave us. I'm sorry, but thru another message from the Community Moderator quoting guidelines, I cannot copy/paste the message sent to me and must paraphrase, so here goes.

Because of the changes in multiple browsers, the 'web remote assistance program'  is running into issues. The issues that I reported to them (please see my prior posts/comments) are some of those issues.  ATT is hoping to have those issues resolved by the end of the year.

I contacted ATT again to make sure that they meant year and not month.  ATT U-verseCare said that he/she was told the end of the year, but because of testing the system for problems after the fix,  there is no real set date.

Again, it might possibly be the end of the year before the problem is fixed with the web remote assistance programs.

I contacted ATT thru the private message link JulieCS gave us. I'm sorry, but thru another message from the Community Moderator quoting guidelines, I cannot copy/paste the message sent to me and must paraphrase, so here goes.

Because of the changes in multiple browsers, the 'web remote assistance program'  is running into issues. The issues that I reported to them (please see my prior posts/comments) are some of those issues.  ATT is hoping to have those issues resolved by the end of the year.

I contacted ATT again to make sure that they meant year and not month.  ATT U-verseCare said that he/she was told the end of the year, but because of testing the system for problems after the fix,  there is no real set date.

Again, it might possibly be the end of the year before the problem is fixed with the web remote assistance programs.

60 of 69 (1,078 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments