Helpful Links

U-Verse TV Web Remote Access

Scholar

U-Verse TV Web Remote Access

Starting around this past Sunday I had problems even getting to access the guide.  Maybe on Monday, logging out and logging back in takes two tries but I can now get to my guide.  Tried logging off and rebooting, no help.

I can view Scheduled programs but I can't schedule a program because it states that it can't access the settings.  I can't view recorded programs either.

The funny part is that the Android app works perfectly and no problem from the TV itself.

Message 1 of 69
Scholar

Re: U-Verse TV Web Remote Access

I was trying to schedule my weeks recording and WRA was working at this time.  A program on one of the new Fox Sports channels 651/652 or the old Speed channels.

It showed programs as a repeat of a first airing date but if I looked at the so-called first airing date, no program was there!  Watching TV last night and sure enough while channel flipping, there was one them in progress and almost over.  I didn't think to look at the TV instead of WRA but in the future, I'll be doing that.

BTW: If you get any error while using WRA, refresh the page that sometimes help and sometimes it needs repeated hits.

Message 31 of 69
Mentor

aviewer    So you tried Uverseonline.att.net?  I rather liked it, but you cannot search for an actors name.  If I can't remember the movie, I do a search for the actor.  Also, even though it says you can choose your 'Favorite' channels, there is no way to do it.  I can, however, schedule programs.  It seems then that both DVR programming sites are messed up.

I don't know where you live, but another person having problems is in Michigan and as I stated, I'm in California.  I don't seem to be having as many problems that you and 'wptski' are having.  Knock on wood.

Message 32 of 69
ACE - Expert

I am in CT. I was just trying it again.
I was logged in & saw the DVR button & clicked & saw my recordings.
So, I searched for food fanatics & it did not come up at the top of the list like it did yesterday. Huh?
Then I saw a click for more list & clicked, but did not see anything.
Then I searched and scheduled on the TV.
When I looked back at the list I did scroll spasm & found the show at the very bottom of the list.
Exact matches belong at the top of the list.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 33 of 69
Mentor

So, on the  Uverseonline.net site,  not on the WRA, you clicked on  DVR, then Recordings and at the 'Date/Title' you asked for 'Title' and Food Fanatics did not list alphabetically?  If I'm following you correctly, you're right.That site has a problem with the DVR programming,  also.  I noticed yesterday that I no longer have the DVR button at the top of the site.  It's now at the bottom. It's not even showing as a button, but just the words  'Live TV - TvListings - MyDVR'. I've logged out, logged back in, reloaded, everything to see if I can get the site back to the way it was originally. Nope.

I also noticed that 4 or 5 weeks ago I started showing listings for HBO and Cinemax.  The same with the Uverseonline site.  That makes it annoying when searching for a movie.  The movie will show up, but it will be on the HBO or Cinemax  channel which I don't get, so essentially I wasted my time and also have some disappointment.

So, my problem(s) are as follows,    WRA search feature...BROKEN.   WRA... getting HBO and Cinemax channels showing up in the grid, but I don't have them in the U300 package and I can't view them or record them so they are just a tease of what is showing on those channels making them an annoyance.      UVERSEONLINE... lost channel 152 (SyFy channel, which is a part of the  U300 package). I haven't really checked to see what other channels I have lost. And, I am also getting HBO and Cinemax on this site.

And, as I stated in a prior message, ATT has no idea when the sites will be fixed.  They did say that some AREAS have been fixed, which I don't believe.   

Message 34 of 69
ACE - Expert

I am not even sure what the address is for the WRA. A while back people were having trouble with one & I was suggesting another that worked. This is my bookmark -http://uversetv.att.yahoo.com/wra/uverse/#tabs_guide. This one is terribly confusing to me because it has a full page ad for Allstate. I thought I was on the wrong site.

Then I took a liking to uverse.com. It appeared to be what at&t is moving to - ala att.com & att.net. I thought that is a good thing. But, like all changes it introduces problems & dislikes.

Having things in the guide that I do not subscribe to does not bother me because I never visit those portions of the guide. But, having them on these pages does. Because THEY ARE IN MY FACE.

I was on uverse.com & saw that I was able to communicate with my DVR. I thought since communication must be available I would try a find and schedule that previously failed. I used the search at the top of the screen. I do not see any options. Yesterday the return impressed me. Today - just the opposite.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 35 of 69
Mentor

That's the address for the WRA that I use, minus      /#tabs_guide.      I clicked on the bookmark you sent and it brought up the WRA without an Allstate ad.  What's with the Allstate ad showing up for you?!

I like some of the Uverse.com features, too.  I didn't use the Uverse.com site very much because, as I said, the search feature doesn't allow a search for actors names.   I wish they would combine the best of both.  Last night when I spoke with 'George' at ATT customer support I told him that Uverseonline (Uverse.com) was having problems, too. I asked him if both sites were affected and being worked on, he said yes.    Have you called ATT to get any information regarding problems you are having with both sites?

Message 36 of 69
Mentor

marrog82199   I have problems with the search feature on Web Remote Access (WRA), 'search failed, please try again'  and receive 'cannot be scheduled at this time' message on Uverse.com.    I CAN schedule on WRA if I schedule from the 'grid' where all the tv shows/movies are listed by channel/date/time.

Message 37 of 69
ACE - Expert

This time it has a Martin Luther KIng Jr. item covering 7/8 of the page, replacing Allstate. The sign-in box is on the right. But it just does not have the blue & orange trademark coloring.

It is interesting to me to observe differences in philosophy on reporting problems. Props to you for calling in. I see so many posts asking for help when it is obvious to me that they just need to call in. They will do anything to avoid direct contact - the one thing that can help.

I would call in immediately on any equipment or service problem. Well, I can do some trouble shooting. But, I do avoid calling on background issues. I do not want to take the time. I have been using PMs to address such issues.

I see a lot of names when I search - thinking it does take names - but looking closer - the names are in the music category. Names do need to be applied to all categories,
Message 38 of 69
Mentor

I'll call in if I have service or equipment problems, AFTER I have tried to solve the problem myself.  In this case, having had this problem last March and being told that until they started receiving more calls they considered it an isolated problem, I thought I would start pestering them.  I'm pretty patient with this stuff until I start getting the runaround or keep getting conflicting answers (or no answers).  I've noticed that there have been a lot of hits on this forum. I wonder how many of them have called in to question or complain. Sure, I've been giving people updates as to what I've been told, but sometimes businesses, whatever service they provide, need to know that their customers are dissatisfied. 

People, you pay money to this company for a service that has been broken, by their own admission, for the past two weeks. Call and let them know this is unacceptable.   Jeez!

Okay, I think I'm done with my rant.

Message 39 of 69
Highlighted
Voyager

dvr online programming

the search in online programing for my DVR has stopped working, when I search for something it usually says  "search failed, try again" sometimes it finds what I searched for but when I click it,  it says "search failed, try again".  Does anyone know how I canget it working correctly likeit used to?  Thanks,

Tags (1)
Message 40 of 69
Scholar

Re: dvr online programming

Message 41 of 69
Scholar

I'm one who has complained here about the problems but haven't called in.  I did call in when I lost "all" my U-Verse service including my phone.  Used 30 minutes of my monthly 200 minutes cell phone time waiting to speak to a live person and finally gave up only to have it "fixed" by them some two hours or so later.

I've been real busy lately and when I get caught up, I will call.

Just tried to log in the WRA and got the " can't retrieve settings".  Did a page refresh and everything shows.  Go figure....

Message 42 of 69
Mentor

wptski     I know what you mean about using cell phone time.   I had the same problem about 1 year ago.  And, let's face it, sometimes you just don't want to interact with someone from ATT.  Customer Service reps are the worst, getting to Second Tier is sometimes a little better. The first two calls I made, the Customer Service  rep relayed the problem to the Second Tier rep incorrectly.  I had to start all over again with the problem, and as I told you, the second Second Tier rep was useless.

Please don't think I'm attacking you or anyone else on this forum.   When I came here to reply to you, you already had 18 hits on your message, showing 18 more people were showing up to this forum to find out about the problem.  That's 18 more complaints that  could be made.

Message 43 of 69
Scholar

A few posts above I mention about repeat programs showing a original air date but I was unable to find the original program.

Today, WRA still a pain to log in, navigate, etc. but the two channels Fox Sports 1&2 were 651/652.  Today in my Favorites they were shown as 651/1652, say what???  Seems for some strange reason there is a FS2 listed as 1652 but it doesn't broadcast the same programs as FS2/652!  I added FS2/652 to my Favorites and everything compares now.

At my DVR, 652 was always that and nothing changed after Fox Sports 1/2 Network came to be!  Go figure......

Edit:

Not so!  In my DVR, 1652 is a HD channel which I don't have, 1651 is FS2.  They have the channel numbers crossed between WRA and the DVR which is the same on the Android app.  You'd also think that the last digit of the channel number would coincide also, meaning 652 is FS2 but it's not, it's FS1!  Confusing I'd say.

Message 44 of 69
Employee

wptski wrote:

A few posts above I mention about repeat programs showing a original air date but I was unable to find the original program.

Today, WRA still a pain to log in, navigate, etc. but the two channels Fox Sports 1&2 were 651/652.  Today in my Favorites they were shown as 651/1652, say what???  Seems for some strange reason there is a FS2 listed as 1652 but it doesn't broadcast the same programs as FS2/652!  I added FS2/652 to my Favorites and everything compares now.

At my DVR, 652 was always that and nothing changed after Fox Sports 1/2 Network came to be!  Go figure......

Edit:

Not so!  In my DVR, 1652 is a HD channel which I don't have, 1651 is FS2.  They have the channel numbers crossed between WRA and the DVR which is the same on the Android app.  You'd also think that the last digit of the channel number would coincide also, meaning 652 is FS2 but it's not, it's FS1!  Confusing I'd say.

In my DVR, 652/1652 is FS1. 651/1651 is FS2

In my WRA 652/1652 is FS1. 651/1651 is FS2

On my iPhone app that also match.

I do not see where you are saying the channels are switched between platforms.

My WRA fires right up with no issues. And the tuner positions are all based on contract, so blame FOX Sports for the positing of the channels.

Your post was confusing. Did I read that wrong?

You may need to reset your equipment.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 45 of 69
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support