U-Verse Phone Porting

Contributor

U-Verse Phone Porting

New customer to U-Verse on 3/5/14, I was told my current home phone could be ported to U-Verse by two different AT&T employees.  This was a major decision in making the move to U-Verse. 

Now that I have installed U-Verse I am told that my number cannot be ported.  I have spent over four hours on the phone with Customer Care and their leadership to no avail. 

Can anyone provide direction/assistance?  I would also like to email/call in a complaint but cannot find an AT&T email address or phone number to do this.

Message 1 of 3 (388 Views)
Employee

Re: U-Verse Phone Porting

Without details, porting a number is generally 5 to 10 business days (read 2-3 weeks) from request.
If placed install order and did not have 2-3 week wait time for install, number is probably not released yet.

Did a recent install, number not being released till 3/10 from TWC, customer can make calls but not receive calls till release date, porting occurs.

I do not know if this is the issue referring to, but thought I would mention it as a possibility.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (381 Views)
Highlighted
Community Support

Re: U-Verse Phone Porting

Hello JSClemons,

We're sorry about the trouble you are experiencing to port your number to U-verse. We received your Private Message and are investigating the details you submitted. We will provide you an update as soon as we have more information.

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out here in the Forums by sending us a Private Message or checking out our Chat Support.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (258 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.