Helpful Links

U-Verse Mobile iOS App for older devices

Mentor

U-Verse Mobile iOS App for older devices

I am unable to use the U-Verser Mobile app because I have an older device (iPhone 3GS) that does not support iOS 7.  

I paid for the higher tier of U-Verse so that I could download shows from my DVR and take them with me on my train ride.

So how do I get the U-Verse app on my iPhone?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: U-Verse Mobile iOS App for older devices

jcwillia1 - Probably the only answer is - get a new phone. There are probably too many reasons that require constant upgrading and allowing only the latest version. Especially, for content. I think that just the remote could be supported in old versions, so you could use the iphone as a remote. I know that is not what you are seeking.

I have both versions (iphone and ipad) on my ipad because I prefer the iphone version of the remote. I do believe the older version for the iphone did allow downloading on iphones, but blocked ipads when attempted.

The new version announces, up front, that viewing is not available when installed on an ipad. Also, when trying to find the menu item. The bottom line is I cannot tell if download is still allowed when installed on an iphone. I can see where download is valuable to allow viewing when web access is not available.

Viewing is blocked on the ipad & even recommends load ing the other version. This makes no sense. If it is allowed on an ipad, what difference dos it make which app is used. at&t needs to treat all non-TV devices the same with contract agreements and software. The customer should not be bogged down in these arbitrary discrepancies. The customer needs consistency.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: U-Verse Mobile iOS App for older devices

no I dont think so - Apple has started making it possible for older apps to be pushed out but AT&T has to serve both versions of the app.

that's not an acceptable answer.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support