U-Verse Expansion Please!

U-Verse Expansion Please!

Hi At&t community!  I would just like to say that my wife and I have had U-Verse for over 2 years and have enjoyed every moment of it...of course other than those pesky days where the service light would blink red for a short while Smiley Wink... This forum post is to share with the internet community the proposition that I have for At&t... My wife and I have recently moved to Lamar, MS and unfortunately there is DSL across the street from us...but none on our side of the road; therefore, we have become quite saddened by the internet options...being a Verizon mobile hotspot and dial-up (that's it) not even most Satellite Internet providers can provide us with service ....  After having used At&t U-Verse for a reasonable price for so long.... like the 12mb/s for $50/mo... our expensive mobile hotspot (which has a nice cap) just doesn't compare.  The other weird thing is that we are only 15 miles from Collierville, TN which is a huge subtown of Memphis....  so At&t:

There are at least 3 or more neighboring families that I know who are looking for reasonably priced, quick internet; they would jump on switching from whatever they have to even the highest U-Verse or DSL speed because it's at least half the price of what they are paying for the slow internet they have.  Also there is a church right beside us that is paying crazy amounts of money for capped Satellite Internet...which if you've worked in a church, you would know that EVERYONE uses internet ALL the time...so the cap is already at it's limit mid-month.  So there are several people that would use your product if you would expand.  Smiley Very Happy This is just a mutually beneficial plan...for us to have great internet service...and for you to make some bucks...  You could definitely make up for the cost of expansion and towers in one year when all of the families on this side of the road get U-Verse.  We are awaiting your expansion!  Thanks At&t... and if you're working in front of our house, you'll be welcomed with some good ole' sweet tea! 

Message 1 of 10 (627 Views)
Community Support

Re: U-Verse Expansion Please!

Hi @whughes511,

Thank you for your interest in U-verse services. We are constantly expanding and improving our technologies, and hopefully, we will be able to provide you with U-verse one day. In the meantime, you can express your interest in the U-verse service by filling out the information on this site.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 10 (566 Views)

Thank you for responding!  Unfortunately......my house, 3 other houses, and a church are the only without U-Verse availability on our busy highway...which is INSANE...but in any case... I doubt AT&T would come all the way out here just to hook up a connection for us...(like basically being running a wire across the driveway from our next door neighbors because they have it...oddly enough).  As I mentioned before we have 4G LTE and honestly it's a joke... It is like 3.5x the price of U-Verse and even 1.5x the price of Satellite Internet...and...the Data caps are absolutely ridiculous for that boisterous price.  It's just frustrating considering the place from which my wife and I just moved had the highest U-Verse speed and now we have literally nothing...

Message 3 of 10 (540 Views)
ACE - Expert

whughes511 - You must have gone to the mat before going for cell service. But, you say your neighbors have service, All you need is a wire across the driveway. You say you are willing to pay full price. Why not negotiate with your neighbor for for a share of your neighbors service.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10 (526 Views)

Thanks for your response.  I thought of that; however, our neighbors are still a couple acre's off from us....even though they live on the other side of our driveway, it is really still too distant to pick up a wireless router or run a solid line.  Everyone out here in my area lives in the midst of their large pastures...so our neighbors aren't really our neighbors I guess.  Now I'm questioning whether or not these addresses were "skipped" for some geometrical reason instead.... The house my wife and I live in is a part of the church as well as the other houses that are without At&t U-Verse (almost like a subdivision).  The church wants U-Verse as well and have been "searching" for it forever, but until they get it I feel like we don't have a chance.  The situation is probably too much to be asking AT&T to come all the way out here, set up boxes at each home address for three houses and a church, and establish the wired broadband service.  I'm sure they could make their money back in way less than a year for all the work that goes into it; however, they wouldn't make as much revenue as if they went to a rural area with 50 homes without wired broadband.  Ha...it just feels unfair I guess (no offense to AT&T)...If I were running a business of such caliber I would want to hit the areas where I would get the biggest bang for my buck.  It is although unforunate for those who have little to no options for solid, fairly-priced, non-capped, won't go out when a cloud hovers, can stand through wind AND rain, doesn't require person to stand in a certain place in the house, expedient internet service. 

Message 5 of 10 (509 Views)
ACE - Guru

I know you want att service but is there a cable provider in your area? Maybe they can provide you with Internet at a reasonable price.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 10 (504 Views)
ACE - Guru

Do you have landline service from att?
Message 7 of 10 (501 Views)
ACE - Expert

whughes511 - Do you have line of sight? How about one of these - http://www.ccrane.com/WiFi-Antennas/WiFi-Bridge-Kit-Connect-Point-to-Point-up-to-3-miles
Message 8 of 10 (479 Views)

I do not currently have an activated landline although there is a landline connection in the house. I called today about Cable Internet actually and there is no availability for that as well.  Also I called the local telephone company and they do not even offer dsl through peoplePC online...(whatever that is)... We do have an availability for dial-up I believe...but the busy signal and amount of connection failures would be enough to drive anyone mad.  I'll check into the wifi antennas and see what's up with that.  Thank you all for your responses!  Like I said...it's just hard to go from the fastest speed of U-Verse to absolutely nothing...if you know what I mean.  But I will look into the ccrane idea! Thanks!

Message 9 of 10 (467 Views)
Teacher

you could try something like this: http://www.broadbandqwireless.com/rural-internet  :::  http://www.broadbandqwireless.com/rural-internet-plans-and-pricing

its around $125/mo but no cap as far as I can tell, if no DSL/cable then its probably the best option. that or something like Millenicom

WiFi extenders could work, using the right high-gain antennas and some repeaters. the initial investment to do this could be $500+ if you can get a neighbor on-board.

Message 10 of 10 (435 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.