Ask a question

Posted Aug 20, 2013
6:16:47 AM
U-Verse Email Forwarding Issue
Edited by tawfiqmp on Aug 20, 2013 at 6:17:04 AM

I'm having an issue with my @att.net email regarding forwarding. For w/e reason I don't have the option to forward my email messages to another email, it seems to be missing. I saw a thread from back in 2011 on this, but I don't know how to reach "Level 2 Technical Support" to get this issue fixed. I've called U-Verse Tech support about 4 times, but they can't seem to figure it out nor can they transfer me to someone who can. Any help would be appreciated.

Link to thread from 2011: http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/AT-amp-T-web-mail-no-pop-forwarding-option/td-p/2829757

Screenshot showing missing option which should be under Filters

screenshot.png

U-Verse Email Forwarding Issue

[ Edited ]
8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2013 7:43:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by aviewer on Aug 20, 2013 at 10:33:18 AM

tawfiqmp - One possibility is that the e-mail settings thinks you are a standard Yahoo account. When you have att as ISP you have free e-mail service equivalent to Yahoo plus, which Yahoo charges $20/yr. If you drop att as the ISP they allow you to keep the att ID, but it appears they drop you back to standard Yahoo & you lose some features.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: U-Verse Email Forwarding Issue

[ Edited ]
2 of 9 (766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2013 9:27:27 AM
(0)
Guru
Thanks for the reply!

That makes sense. I haven't ever really used this email though until now, so I don't know if I ever had the "Yahoo plus" features. I've been a U-Verse customer for about a year now, so I'm really just wondering who I should contact in order to get this corrected. When I called U-Verse several times, only one time was I transferred to a Yahoo customer service dept. in which they said they had no control over the features for an @att.net email for a U-Verse customer. That thread from back in 2011 mentions a "Tier 2" technical support team, but I have no idea how to get in touch with them.

3 of 9 (751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2013 9:51:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
tawfiqmp - When you call the 2020 number, the first person you get is tier one - screeners to solve the simplest of problems, This function is moving to Mr auto test mechanization. If the problem is complicated they should bump you to a tier 2 person with technical knowledge.

e-mail is especially complicated - is it Yahoo or U-verse - follow the bouncing ball.

Many people had trouble using the mail programs in their computers with U-verse. My suggestion, that I follow, is to use a non-isp for e-mail. I use gmail.

But, we still want to forward the att mail, should there ever be any.

I suggest you send a PM to attcustomercare using this link & your details & reach number & e-mail. They will follow through for a solution for you.

http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 9 (744 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2013 12:47:02 PM
(0)
Guru
Thanks!

5 of 9 (720 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 6:26:41 AM
(0)
Tutor

I'm having the exact same problem (it started about a week ago) and calling Support hasn't helped a bit.

If this isn't corrected soon, I'll have to switch Internet & TV to someone else. I'm self employed and NEED to be able to forward emails.

Tom

6 of 9 (647 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 8:44:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
viper5909 - You do not have to switch internet & TV to switch e-mail. Open a gmail account & download all your stuff from at&t.
Use gmail going forward. Many do. Me, too.

7 of 9 (627 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 6:54:21 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for the response aviewer, appreciate the suggestion.

If I have to go this route, and notify everybody on my contact list, might as well just switch to Comcast or WOW, both of which keep hitting on me with deals.

In a nutshell, a feature that worked fine for over 3 years stopped working because of something that U-Verse did on their end. And nobody at U-Verse knows how to correct it (or even seems to care). So why should I jump through hoops to establish a "fix", essentially doing their job? For the privilege of paying them over $100 a month?  Nah.

I've already spent too much time on this, and time is money when you are self employed.

Sorry for the rant, but if I treated my customers like U-Verse has treated me regarding this issue, I'd be out of business.

In case anyone from ATT U-Verse reads these posts---------------HELLO! YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!

Tom

8 of 9 (581 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 12:37:02 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi viper5909,

We apologize about the inconveniences you are having with this. We would love to investigate your account further to see why this option is not appearing. We will be sending you a direct message, so be on the look out for it.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

9 of 9 (523 Views)