Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 14, 2013
5:32:46 PM
U-Verse 2nd Receiver fail after watching DVD

My second receiver, ISB7000 model,no longer sends a signal/picture to the TV.  I have the main tv and receiver in the living room that is also connected to a blu-ray.  Last evening, after watching a dvd in the main room, and on the main STB, the backroom tv starting showing no signal at all from the 2nd receiver.  It is hooked up via HDMI.  I tried a few resets and even got help via chat.  They are sending a new receiver out.  I didn't have another HDMI cable to try and see if for some reason, the cable went bad, but when I connected the receiver via coax, I did get a picture.  It is as if the receiver is not really bad, but the HDMI connection is messed up.  Read in some other places that DVD playing can mess up a signal but resetting the receiver usually does it.  This time, I have reset both receivers but still no HDMI related signal on the 2nd one.  The main receiver is working fine.

Any ideas?

My second receiver, ISB7000 model,no longer sends a signal/picture to the TV.  I have the main tv and receiver in the living room that is also connected to a blu-ray.  Last evening, after watching a dvd in the main room, and on the main STB, the backroom tv starting showing no signal at all from the 2nd receiver.  It is hooked up via HDMI.  I tried a few resets and even got help via chat.  They are sending a new receiver out.  I didn't have another HDMI cable to try and see if for some reason, the cable went bad, but when I connected the receiver via coax, I did get a picture.  It is as if the receiver is not really bad, but the HDMI connection is messed up.  Read in some other places that DVD playing can mess up a signal but resetting the receiver usually does it.  This time, I have reset both receivers but still no HDMI related signal on the 2nd one.  The main receiver is working fine.

Any ideas?

U-Verse 2nd Receiver fail after watching DVD

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 5:49:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Are you selecting the correct HDMI input on TV that is used to connect the U-verse receiver to the TV?

Also, using a DVD or Blu-ray player should have no impact on the U-verse receiver.  The DVD player or Blu-ray player is connected to the TV not to the U-verse receiver.  You would change the input on the TV to watch a different source.

Are you selecting the correct HDMI input on TV that is used to connect the U-verse receiver to the TV?

Also, using a DVD or Blu-ray player should have no impact on the U-verse receiver.  The DVD player or Blu-ray player is connected to the TV not to the U-verse receiver.  You would change the input on the TV to watch a different source.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: U-Verse 2nd Receiver fail after watching DVD

2 of 7 (334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 5:54:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
StonewallDude - Yes, the HDMI interface is in a bad condition. Turn off the TV with the input set to U-verse. Pull the power on the STB. Then plug it in again. Turn on the TV with the TV remote or by pressing the TV button on the U-verse remote then power button then the att button then OK.

If that does not work Try again but this time do the OK in att mode first.

Let me know what happens. To avoid this connect the STB to the TV with component cables - three connections for Video & two for audio. Be sure to remove the HDMI cable from the STB.
StonewallDude - Yes, the HDMI interface is in a bad condition. Turn off the TV with the input set to U-verse. Pull the power on the STB. Then plug it in again. Turn on the TV with the TV remote or by pressing the TV button on the U-verse remote then power button then the att button then OK.

If that does not work Try again but this time do the OK in att mode first.

Let me know what happens. To avoid this connect the STB to the TV with component cables - three connections for Video & two for audio. Be sure to remove the HDMI cable from the STB.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 6:43:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

I tried as you suggested, resetting the STB and turning on the TV and 2nd receiver in sequence.  No luck.  Reset STB, then turned on 2nd receiver then TV and again no luck.

Thanks for the advice and will to try something else.  

Again, it's not an input question, as far as me selecting the correct input from the receiver.  This has never changed.  But I double and tripled checked just in case.

Of course, now I have no real way to see if the HDMI input on the TV is bad.

I tried as you suggested, resetting the STB and turning on the TV and 2nd receiver in sequence.  No luck.  Reset STB, then turned on 2nd receiver then TV and again no luck.

Again, it's not an input question, as far as me selecting the correct input from the receiver.  This has never changed.  But I double and tripled checked just in case.

4 of 7 (321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 7:04:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
StonewallDude - You can swap with your other set to find the culprit.
StonewallDude - You can swap with your other set to find the culprit.

5 of 7 (307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 7:21:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

StonewallDude wrote:

Have you tried plugging the HDMI cable into a different HDMI input on the TV?

StonewallDude wrote:

Have you tried plugging the HDMI cable into a different HDMI input on the TV?

6 of 7 (300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 7:38:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

My main tv installation goes through a wall into a closet, so in other words, very difficult to fish out that HDMI cable and swap it out.  Having said that, I will try tomorrow to get another HDMI cable and test it.

My 2nd TV is an older HD TV with only one HDMI input, sad to say.  It has other Analog HD inputs etc.  But I am glad you suggested.

My newer tv has multiple HDMI inputs and I certainly wouldn't want to have to switch from HDMI to component or other HD input just for the sake of the blu-ray player, which is used only rarely.  I will have to look at my set up some more to see how everything is connected... I had my TV hung on the wall, and all receivers. dvd, stereo, roku placed behind the wall in the closet.  Everything is out of sight but devilishly hard to trouble shoot

My main tv installation goes through a wall into a closet, so in other words, very difficult to fish out that HDMI cable and swap it out.  Having said that, I will try tomorrow to get another HDMI cable and test it.

My 2nd TV is an older HD TV with only one HDMI input, sad to say.  It has other Analog HD inputs etc.  But I am glad you suggested.

My newer tv has multiple HDMI inputs and I certainly wouldn't want to have to switch from HDMI to component or other HD input just for the sake of the blu-ray player, which is used only rarely.  I will have to look at my set up some more to see how everything is connected... I had my TV hung on the wall, and all receivers. dvd, stereo, roku placed behind the wall in the closet.  Everything is out of sight but devilishly hard to trouble shoot

7 of 7 (289 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments