U Verese not good

Scholar

U Verese not good

I keep having connection, modem & slow speeds. Numerous techs have been out, redid the wiring, new modems, redid the wiring in the j box but i continue to have issues. Now this weekend another tech is coming out. Someone has to be here so we have to change out plans. It's gotten very frustrating. My agreeement is up this Nov. ATT needs to do something to keep me, i have no plans on renewing my agreement. Just too many issues.

Message 1 of 10 (715 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: U Verese not good

thomasr1950 wrote:

I keep having connection, modem & slow speeds. Numerous techs have been out, redid the wiring, new modems, redid the wiring in the j box but i continue to have issues. Now this weekend another tech is coming out. Someone has to be here so we have to change out plans. It's gotten very frustrating. My agreeement is up this Nov. ATT needs to do something to keep me, i have no plans on renewing my agreement. Just too many issues.

I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  You could always call 1-800-288-2020 and say "cancel my service."  That gets their attention but please try the former option first.  If no joy, than try the latter.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10 (702 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

I have sent a private message. They say someone will get in touch with you. A tech is coming out Sat., again, i don't recall how many techs have come out. Modems, wiring, cables replaced yet i continue to have issues. ATT says they have to physically check my location. I understand. But this continues to be a problem.

Message 3 of 10 (686 Views)
ACE - Master

thomasr1950 wrote:

I have sent a private message. They say someone will get in touch with you. A tech is coming out Sat., again, i don't recall how many techs have come out. Modems, wiring, cables replaced yet i continue to have issues. ATT says they have to physically check my location. I understand. But this continues to be a problem.

Cool.  They can take 1-2 business days to get back with you, so the Customer Care folks may not get back to you before Monday but even then, you can tell them if the Saturday tech visit did the trick or not.  The escalation team usually isn't satisfied until you are - that has been my experience with them.  Let us know..

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10 (679 Views)
Scholar

They are not sure what the problem is. Its been going on ever since I was installed, that was Nov 2012. A tech came ourt on Christmas Day. Even the j box wires were replaced. Now they say maybe a network issue? I told the rep that called fix it or I'm cancelling.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone
Message 5 of 10 (675 Views)
ACE - Guru

Ask them to check the ports at the VRAD. I was having multiple issues a while back. They switched ports at the VRAD and rebooted the whole neighborhood! Everything has worked great since then. 

Message 6 of 10 (634 Views)
Contributor

This post could have been written by me, exact same issues here.

I am not even going to bother contacting them and I am trying to find another internet provider but it seems that AT&T may be my only option.

So many visits by technicians, so much work done (from the main box down the street, lines outside, lines inside, box out back, modem replaced) and still have the same issues.

Anyone have a fix for this? I am so frustrated! Also, bugs me that you can't go and buy a different modem, you have to use the one they provide which is total crap and has some type of hardware error.

Message 7 of 10 (572 Views)
Contributor

What is that VRAD? If this will help, I will try. Is it done over the phone or by a tech visit? Thanks!
Message 8 of 10 (570 Views)
Expert

The VRAD is the box that supplies the Uverse service to various homes in your area.

Message 9 of 10 (561 Views)
ACE - Guru

VRAD look like this.

T

Message 10 of 10 (532 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.