Twonky beam app won't work with U-Verse receiver anymore

Twonky beam app won't work with U-Verse receiver anymore

I was having fun with this, beaming You Tube, music videos, and more risqué stuff as well to my U-Verse receiver. Today, it no longer works. Please don't tell me that AT&T has taken this great feature away from me! That would upset me greatly and I might just leave U-Verse over it just to make a stand.
Message 1 of 11 (6,448 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Twonky beam app won't work with U-Verse receiver anymore

codycooper864 - Did you lose pairing with your STB? Did you download any other apps that access u-verse. I found twonky beam to not play well with others.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 11 (6,432 Views)
Mentor

I had the same problem and I deleted the app and then reinstalled it and it began working again.

Message 3 of 11 (6,365 Views)

I have found that it is only You Tube that my Twonky Beam won't work with, and it won't work with my Roku or my U- Verse receivers. All other sites beam fine. This is clearly not the fault of U-Verse, but is likely a problem with the Twonky Beam app...they need to update it.
Message 4 of 11 (6,267 Views)

[ Edited ]

I've been playing with Twonky Bean for a couple of weeks and am really enjoying it. The only thing I can't do is beam videos I have on my iPad.

Cool App!

Message 5 of 11 (4,917 Views)

This is a great app now that the You Tube problems were fixed. I use it a lot.
Message 6 of 11 (4,911 Views)

JiminSTLouis wrote:

I've been playing with Twonky Bean for a couple of weeks and am really enjoying it. The only thing I can't do is beam videos I have on my iPad.

Cool App!

I hooked up a wireless receiver today and TB can't find it.  Does this app not work with the wireless boxes?

Thanks

Message 7 of 11 (4,811 Views)

JiminSTLouis wrote:

JiminSTLouis wrote:

Cool App!

I hooked up a wireless receiver today and TB can't find it.  Does this app not work with the wireless boxes?

Thanks

Huh, this morning TB can't find any of my boxes.  I hope it's just a glitch, I really like the app.  

Message 8 of 11 (4,782 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Going a different route, I noticed that Mediashare no longer streams Internet radio through TVersity.  I wonder if "Big Brother" (Big Brother "Bell" that is) is clamping down?  If they allowed streaming my multimedia (pictures, streaming audio, youtube, music and movies from my PC), I would subscribe for life, lol.   Okay "life" is a fairly broad absolute. Smiley Very Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 11 (4,779 Views)

Duh! I had to go to channel 9301 and enable the device.
Message 10 of 11 (4,714 Views)
Contributor

Im just discovering beam the app says cannot find compatible devices though. Ive enabled it on receiver and it finds my samsung galaxy but when I hit beam button says no compatible devices. This is an awesome service and it'd love to use it so iwould be more than grateful for any input. If I can just find where on beam app one can force it to search for devices....
Message 11 of 11 (3,116 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.