Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 1, 2013
4:43:57 PM
Twonky beam app won't work with U-Verse receiver anymore
I was having fun with this, beaming You Tube, music videos, and more risqué stuff as well to my U-Verse receiver. Today, it no longer works. Please don't tell me that AT&T has taken this great feature away from me! That would upset me greatly and I might just leave U-Verse over it just to make a stand.
I was having fun with this, beaming You Tube, music videos, and more risqué stuff as well to my U-Verse receiver. Today, it no longer works. Please don't tell me that AT&T has taken this great feature away from me! That would upset me greatly and I might just leave U-Verse over it just to make a stand.

Twonky beam app won't work with U-Verse receiver anymore

10 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 4:50:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
codycooper864 - Did you lose pairing with your STB? Did you download any other apps that access u-verse. I found twonky beam to not play well with others.
codycooper864 - Did you lose pairing with your STB? Did you download any other apps that access u-verse. I found twonky beam to not play well with others.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Twonky beam app won't work with U-Verse receiver anymore

2 of 11 (6,231 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 3:40:03 AM
(0)
Mentor

I had the same problem and I deleted the app and then reinstalled it and it began working again.

I had the same problem and I deleted the app and then reinstalled it and it began working again.

3 of 11 (6,164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 10:54:52 AM
(0)
Scholar
I have found that it is only You Tube that my Twonky Beam won't work with, and it won't work with my Roku or my U- Verse receivers. All other sites beam fine. This is clearly not the fault of U-Verse, but is likely a problem with the Twonky Beam app...they need to update it.
I have found that it is only You Tube that my Twonky Beam won't work with, and it won't work with my Roku or my U- Verse receivers. All other sites beam fine. This is clearly not the fault of U-Verse, but is likely a problem with the Twonky Beam app...they need to update it.

4 of 11 (6,066 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 4:33:54 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by JiminSTLouis on Dec 10, 2013 at 4:42:34 PM

I've been playing with Twonky Bean for a couple of weeks and am really enjoying it. The only thing I can't do is beam videos I have on my iPad.

Cool App!

I've been playing with Twonky Bean for a couple of weeks and am really enjoying it. The only thing I can't do is beam videos I have on my iPad.

Cool App!

[ Edited ]
5 of 11 (4,716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 4:44:54 PM
(0)
Scholar
This is a great app now that the You Tube problems were fixed. I use it a lot.
This is a great app now that the You Tube problems were fixed. I use it a lot.

6 of 11 (4,710 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2013 7:08:08 PM
(0)
Guru

JiminSTLouis wrote:

Cool App!

I hooked up a wireless receiver today and TB can't find it.  Does this app not work with the wireless boxes?

Thanks

JiminSTLouis wrote:

Cool App!

I hooked up a wireless receiver today and TB can't find it.  Does this app not work with the wireless boxes?

Thanks

7 of 11 (4,610 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2013 8:20:12 AM
(0)
Guru

JiminSTLouis wrote:

JiminSTLouis wrote:

Cool App!

Thanks

Huh, this morning TB can't find any of my boxes.  I hope it's just a glitch, I really like the app.  

JiminSTLouis wrote:

JiminSTLouis wrote:

Cool App!

Thanks

Huh, this morning TB can't find any of my boxes.  I hope it's just a glitch, I really like the app.  

8 of 11 (4,581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2013 8:26:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Dec 14, 2013 at 8:28:02 AM

Going a different route, I noticed that Mediashare no longer streams Internet radio through TVersity.  I wonder if "Big Brother" (Big Brother "Bell" that is) is clamping down?  If they allowed streaming my multimedia (pictures, streaming audio, youtube, music and movies from my PC), I would subscribe for life, lol.   Okay "life" is a fairly broad absolute. Smiley Very Happy

Going a different route, I noticed that Mediashare no longer streams Internet radio through TVersity.  I wonder if "Big Brother" (Big Brother "Bell" that is) is clamping down?  If they allowed streaming my multimedia (pictures, streaming audio, youtube, music and movies from my PC), I would subscribe for life, lol.   Okay "life" is a fairly broad absolute. Smiley Very Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
9 of 11 (4,578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 5:42:18 PM
(0)
Guru
Duh! I had to go to channel 9301 and enable the device.
Duh! I had to go to channel 9301 and enable the device.

10 of 11 (4,513 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2014 3:09:08 AM
(0)
Contributor
Im just discovering beam the app says cannot find compatible devices though. Ive enabled it on receiver and it finds my samsung galaxy but when I hit beam button says no compatible devices. This is an awesome service and it'd love to use it so iwould be more than grateful for any input. If I can just find where on beam app one can force it to search for devices....
Im just discovering beam the app says cannot find compatible devices though. Ive enabled it on receiver and it finds my samsung galaxy but when I hit beam button says no compatible devices. This is an awesome service and it'd love to use it so iwould be more than grateful for any input. If I can just find where on beam app one can force it to search for devices....

11 of 11 (2,915 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments