Twice in a row . . .

Mentor

Twice in a row . . .

I agreed to a price for U-Verse and DirecTV through the online sales dept (They are available 24/7, but service is not) and even kept a printed copy of the conversation. Yet when my sample bill came the prices did not match, from either party, and neither could comply with the terms I had agreed to--and had in writing--even after I showed them the conversation. Of course, by then I had already cancelled my cable and it was Thanksgiving weekend so there was no one to talk to until Monday. So Monday, after having spent the entire weekend stewing, steaming, and spouting off to eveyone I knew about AT&T, I called to cancel my phone service.

The lady was polite and apologized, said she couldn't do anything about DirecTV, but offered me a deal to stay with U-Verse. . . . . You guessed it. I get my bill and once again its not what they promised. What's the old adage? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me? And of course there is no one available to talk to.

I must be stupid

Message 1 of 37 (2,581 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Twice in a row . . .

If you would like a resolution or explination I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

Please allow 48 hours for a responce.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 37 (2,434 Views)
Mentor

The explanation they gave the first time was that the bill was right and I was wrong--in spite of the transcript--and its resolution was I cancelled it. Why would I expect the second answer to be any different?

No, what I want is integrity.

Message 3 of 37 (2,413 Views)
Mentor

Oh, and there was no contract the first time, but the second they called back while I was in the car and offered an even better deal if I would sign a contract for a year, so cancelling now would cost me there. I guess the resolution this time is I warn all my friends, write the Better Business Bureau, and refust to have anything further to do with AT&T.

Message 4 of 37 (2,412 Views)
Community Manager

Hello @dydxlnx 

I'm very sorry for your negative experience with our service. When you get any quotes, priced don't include taxes and fees, that might be a reason why your bill is higher than you expected. It's impossible to say for sure though without actually seeing it. Like BeeBeeSA said, if you want to have one of our managers look into this issue for you, please send us a private message and we'll be happy to help.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 37 (2,343 Views)
Mentor

Please do not be patronizing. I am well aware that prices do not include taxes. However, the price on my bill is not, and was not the first time, the base price they gave me, and there are charges for things they told me they could waive.

I see no need to send a private message to anyone. I called and spoke to them, and they were unable or unwilling to help the first time.

I am sure they have my information already. They asked for enough information when I logged in.

Message 6 of 37 (2,323 Views)
ACE - Expert

Suit yourself.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 37 (2,321 Views)
Employee

dydxlnx wrote:

Please do not be patronizing. I am well aware that prices do not include taxes. However, the price on my bill is not, and was not the first time, the base price they gave me, and there are charges for things they told me they could waive.

I see no need to send a private message to anyone. I called and spoke to them, and they were unable or unwilling to help the first time.

I am sure they have my information already. They asked for enough information when I logged in.

I do not see how he was being patronizing. You should actually send a PM to as per the post that BeeBee posted. They more often than not get you a resolution when a call to customer service has not.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 37 (2,218 Views)
Mentor

Perhaps he did not intend to be; perhaps there really are people who don't think about taxes and fees. My state does not tax internet, so there are no taxes. No, the base price is not what I agreed to.

I find it disconcerting that I should have to call customer service again. Why should it take three tries, and why should I believe what they tell me this time? 

Message 9 of 37 (2,170 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

You don't have to call anyone.  Private message the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team.  These are not the same CSR's that answer the 800 number.  They are a group that was created to assist customers on this forum with issues EXACTLY like your having.

If you want a resolution PM them.....if you simply want to vent there is nothign more that anyone can do for you.  Good Luck.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 10 of 37 (2,165 Views)
Mentor

The sad part is that there has to be a group created for this kind of thing.

Message 11 of 37 (2,038 Views)
Mentor

But I did send a PM, after another unsatisfactory talk with a Customer Service rep and her supervisor.

I will let you know the results of that.

At least I will get it in writing this time.

Message 12 of 37 (2,033 Views)
Community Manager

Hello, dydxlnx!

Thanks for sending us a private message. We appreciate your patience and understanding over the holidays. Someone will be reaching out to you soon.

In the meantime, if you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hestitate to let me know. I apologize for any frustration and inconvenience.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
Message 13 of 37 (1,918 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

ATTMarianaCM wrote:

Hello, dydxlnx!

Thanks for sending us a private message. We appreciate your patience and understanding over the holidays. Someone will be reaching out to you soon.

In the meantime, if you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hestitate to let me know. I apologize for any frustration and inconvenience.

-Mariana

Does anyone else think this is a machine response? If you read through these they all sound the same, and, also, the PM I sent says "Not Yet Read" four days after I sent it. 

Message 14 of 37 (1,889 Views)
Mentor

dydxlnx wrote:

ATTMarianaCM wrote:

Hello, dydxlnx!

-Mariana

Does anyone else think this is a machine response? If you read through these they all sound the same, and, also, the PM I sent says "Not Yet Read" four days after I sent it. 

I sent my PM on the 2nd, got a reponse on the 8th that someone would be reaching out ot me soon, and it is now the 14th. On top of that, when I check my sent message it still says "not yet read."

Message 15 of 37 (1,781 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.