Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 19, 2014
7:10:32 AM
View profile
Turn off unnecessarily loud AM screeching noises
Edited by bertieman on Feb 19, 2014 at 7:11:15 AM

How do I turn off these unnecessarily  loud screeching noises that come on at 2am every night? I don't care it's about to rain, or snow. Please don't respond with, "these are importatnt", because frankly I don't care. Only respond if you can tell me how to turn these off.

I am considering getting rid of AT&T if this can not be resolved. Thank you.

How do I turn off these unnecessarily  loud screeching noises that come on at 2am every night? I don't care it's about to rain, or snow. Please don't respond with, "these are importatnt", because frankly I don't care. Only respond if you can tell me how to turn these off.

Turn off unnecessarily loud AM screeching noises

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 7:25:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

If your TV is turned off, the weather alerts shouldn't come on. I believe AT&T has an obligation to the customer (and to the FCC?) to have the alerts. They only appear on my TV when the TV & U-Verse box are both turned ON. It has happened to many people that the TV is off, but the U-Verse box is mistakenly left ON. Verify that the U-Verse box is off by the power light turning off.

As for turning them off, you can hit the appropriate button on the remote.

If your TV is turned off, the weather alerts shouldn't come on. I believe AT&T has an obligation to the customer (and to the FCC?) to have the alerts. They only appear on my TV when the TV & U-Verse box are both turned ON. It has happened to many people that the TV is off, but the U-Verse box is mistakenly left ON. Verify that the U-Verse box is off by the power light turning off.

As for turning them off, you can hit the appropriate button on the remote.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Turn off unnecessarily loud AM screeching noises

2 of 4 (636 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 7:26:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Is the DVR in your room? If so swap it out with a standard STB and see if that fixes your problem.

The screaching you're probably hearing is the DVR spinning up. It's either getting updates or you're recording something at this time of night (are you recording the Olympics?)

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

Is the DVR in your room? If so swap it out with a standard STB and see if that fixes your problem.

The screaching you're probably hearing is the DVR spinning up. It's either getting updates or you're recording something at this time of night (are you recording the Olympics?)

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 8:56:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

bertieman wrote:

I assume that you are talking about the Emergency Broadcast System alerts?  Unfortunately your post was just a wee bit unclear.  If it is about the EBS alerts, well then I guess that I should not have responded, because there is no way to turn them off.   HOWEVER - we have figured out that some areas have issues with the tests repeating, unnecessarily and some areas are besieged with outrageous EBS alert sound levels.  I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  This is up and above normal customer service.   Good luck.

bertieman wrote:

I assume that you are talking about the Emergency Broadcast System alerts?  Unfortunately your post was just a wee bit unclear.  If it is about the EBS alerts, well then I guess that I should not have responded, because there is no way to turn them off.   HOWEVER - we have figured out that some areas have issues with the tests repeating, unnecessarily and some areas are besieged with outrageous EBS alert sound levels.  I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  This is up and above normal customer service.   Good luck.

4 of 4 (612 Views)