Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 13, 2013
9:47:53 PM
View profile
Trying to get uverse installed, no help no luck

We are a long time ATT phone customer at least 40 years & we were bombarded by mailings offering ATT UVERSE packages for months and even had to women coming through our neighborhood trying to sign us up. They said they could save us a lot of money over cable. Well, after talking to several friends who had uverse we decided to go with uverse and I called and they said yes it is in your subdivision. so I went online and researched all the different packages and placed our order for uverse bundle with internet, tv and phone. I set up a date which was 2 weeks later and they said someone would have to be there between 9-11am. Well, when 2 technicians showed up they said we will have you fixed up in no time. After they had already disconnected my home phone, they drove off and came back about an hour later and said that we can not hook you up! There is no wire to hook you up, the dedicated wire to my home had been given to one of my neighbors and that I would have to wait until they ran another wire to our street. WHAT? That was it. They reconnected my home phone and left. I got an email from uverse that afternoon saying thank you for getting uverse and if you have any problems call our customer service 800 number. Called the number and spoke with some guy, he said oh, I can fix it bear with me and he says he will send out a supervisor and I needed to set up another installation time, he said this time I can promise you that you will be hooked up on the date set up (5 days later). I said okay. At that time, another installer (who called and did not even come by) calls and says that the other guy, who he knew said there was no way to install since there was no available wire for my home. I told him that Customer service said that it would be installed and he said CS does not work in the field & they dont know what is going on. He was cancelling the installation order. I asked to speak to a supervisor, he said his supervisor knew about this and he could not do anything and that is just the way it is. Call CUSTOMER SERVICE and ask  to speak to a supervisor. I called customer service went through the same thing and they said they would call dispatch and she comes back and says sorry, they can not hook me up. Did I want to talk to sales and have them help me choose a different plan, I said okay but tell them the problem and then she comes back and says they will hook me up to DIRECT TV! Are you kidding me? I dont want Direct tv, I want uverse like I ordered. Asked to speak to a supervisor and he was no help either. They cant hook me up at all. I told him that I was promised a product and if they could not provide it than they should not have been sending me hundreds of mailings and had people soliciting customers door to door. This is false advertisement and I would report this to the public service commission and he said fine that is your choice. NO HELP AT ALL from these customer service people, installers, or supervisors. So now I have wasted 2 days of sitting around waiting for installers, hours on the phone and internet getting no where. I think that they owe me a complete explanation and something for my time and trouble if they knew all along that they could not hook me up. This is a cheap marketing ploy and if my subdivision is getting UVERSE and I am already an ATT long time customer, I should get some consideration. NOTHING. I said that I guess I will have to go to other company and bundle and take away my phone from ATT and they say okay, that is your choice. I have never been treated this way by ATT and I am really upset that they dont seem to care about the customers anymore. This would never have happened in the past. They used to be "the customer is always right" and "what can we do to help and keep you as an ATT customer". I guess this just tells me that my money and business is no longer wanted or needed by ATT. So, I will change my phone service after 40 years and my wireless plan too. Sorry this was so long, but wanted to explain the situation to everyone.

We are a long time ATT phone customer at least 40 years & we were bombarded by mailings offering ATT UVERSE packages for months and even had to women coming through our neighborhood trying to sign us up. They said they could save us a lot of money over cable. Well, after talking to several friends who had uverse we decided to go with uverse and I called and they said yes it is in your subdivision. so I went online and researched all the different packages and placed our order for uverse bundle with internet, tv and phone. I set up a date which was 2 weeks later and they said someone would have to be there between 9-11am. Well, when 2 technicians showed up they said we will have you fixed up in no time. After they had already disconnected my home phone, they drove off and came back about an hour later and said that we can not hook you up! There is no wire to hook you up, the dedicated wire to my home had been given to one of my neighbors and that I would have to wait until they ran another wire to our street. WHAT? That was it. They reconnected my home phone and left. I got an email from uverse that afternoon saying thank you for getting uverse and if you have any problems call our customer service 800 number. Called the number and spoke with some guy, he said oh, I can fix it bear with me and he says he will send out a supervisor and I needed to set up another installation time, he said this time I can promise you that you will be hooked up on the date set up (5 days later). I said okay. At that time, another installer (who called and did not even come by) calls and says that the other guy, who he knew said there was no way to install since there was no available wire for my home. I told him that Customer service said that it would be installed and he said CS does not work in the field & they dont know what is going on. He was cancelling the installation order. I asked to speak to a supervisor, he said his supervisor knew about this and he could not do anything and that is just the way it is. Call CUSTOMER SERVICE and ask  to speak to a supervisor. I called customer service went through the same thing and they said they would call dispatch and she comes back and says sorry, they can not hook me up. Did I want to talk to sales and have them help me choose a different plan, I said okay but tell them the problem and then she comes back and says they will hook me up to DIRECT TV! Are you kidding me? I dont want Direct tv, I want uverse like I ordered. Asked to speak to a supervisor and he was no help either. They cant hook me up at all. I told him that I was promised a product and if they could not provide it than they should not have been sending me hundreds of mailings and had people soliciting customers door to door. This is false advertisement and I would report this to the public service commission and he said fine that is your choice. NO HELP AT ALL from these customer service people, installers, or supervisors. So now I have wasted 2 days of sitting around waiting for installers, hours on the phone and internet getting no where. I think that they owe me a complete explanation and something for my time and trouble if they knew all along that they could not hook me up. This is a cheap marketing ploy and if my subdivision is getting UVERSE and I am already an ATT long time customer, I should get some consideration. NOTHING. I said that I guess I will have to go to other company and bundle and take away my phone from ATT and they say okay, that is your choice. I have never been treated this way by ATT and I am really upset that they dont seem to care about the customers anymore. This would never have happened in the past. They used to be "the customer is always right" and "what can we do to help and keep you as an ATT customer". I guess this just tells me that my money and business is no longer wanted or needed by ATT. So, I will change my phone service after 40 years and my wireless plan too. Sorry this was so long, but wanted to explain the situation to everyone.

Trying to get uverse installed, no help no luck

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2013 4:48:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Trying to get uverse installed, no help no luck

2 of 4 (545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 9:34:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

I really dont think it is worth telling them anymore about this. I have talked to 2 people in customer service, and 1 supervisor, 2 installers and they just dont care. I am not a happy ATT customer and wanted to let people know that for 40 years I stayed with this company and this is how they treat you! Uncaring, and leave, we dont care. They are too big and I think when they split them up years ago, and made all the baby bells, it just made this monster BIGGER and MEANER! They worry about giving back to the "community" when they really need to take care of their customers. I see all the time about them being so caring and giving money, to this cause and sponsoring this and that, but they really need to listen to the people who pay their salaries and without all of us little guys, they will be in the unemployment lines too! i just have to vent here since the powers that be at ATT dont listen. Thanks for your listening and help! Smiley Happy

I really dont think it is worth telling them anymore about this. I have talked to 2 people in customer service, and 1 supervisor, 2 installers and they just dont care. I am not a happy ATT customer and wanted to let people know that for 40 years I stayed with this company and this is how they treat you! Uncaring, and leave, we dont care. They are too big and I think when they split them up years ago, and made all the baby bells, it just made this monster BIGGER and MEANER! They worry about giving back to the "community" when they really need to take care of their customers. I see all the time about them being so caring and giving money, to this cause and sponsoring this and that, but they really need to listen to the people who pay their salaries and without all of us little guys, they will be in the unemployment lines too! i just have to vent here since the powers that be at ATT dont listen. Thanks for your listening and help! Smiley Happy

3 of 4 (462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 9:26:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

sparky61 wrote:

If you don't send them a PM then they cannot help you. They are NOT normal customer service.  If you chose not to, then don't expect anymore help.

sparky61 wrote:

If you don't send them a PM then they cannot help you. They are NOT normal customer service.  If you chose not to, then don't expect anymore help.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (448 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments