Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 21, 2013
7:02:42 AM
View profile
Trouble connecting to internet

Hey guys, new to the forum and Im hoping I can find some help here.

So in the last year we upgraded our router to an Motorola NVG510 and also purchased a new computer, an Asus Desktop. The initial plan was to connect wirelessly via PCI card we installed in the computer because it would be in another room; but, now we were hoping to connect it via Ethernet cable.

So Heres the problem:

We connect the ethernet cable to the NVG510 port and the computer's port and nothing.

I've tried poking around but I havent found anything on this issue, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

Hey guys, new to the forum and Im hoping I can find some help here.

So in the last year we upgraded our router to an Motorola NVG510 and also purchased a new computer, an Asus Desktop. The initial plan was to connect wirelessly via PCI card we installed in the computer because it would be in another room; but, now we were hoping to connect it via Ethernet cable.

So Heres the problem:

We connect the ethernet cable to the NVG510 port and the computer's port and nothing.

I've tried poking around but I havent found anything on this issue, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

Trouble connecting to internet

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 7:19:36 AM
(0)
Employee
There are two types of cables, the straight thru is one you want, the other is a crossover, suspect what you have.
There are two types of cables, the straight thru is one you want, the other is a crossover, suspect what you have.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Trouble connecting to internet

2 of 3 (481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 7:50:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Dec 21, 2013 at 7:53:50 AM

When you plug the cable into the ethernet jack on the computer NIC do you get any lights?  Should get at least a green link light.  If it's flashing that means the NIC has activity.  You will also see another LED that will be either lit solid green (connected at 100Mbs), Yellow (connected at 1000Mbs), or off (connected at 10Mbs)

If you don't try changing ports on the AT&T Router.  Could be a bad port on the router itself.

Could also be as MT suggested and a bad or wrong cable.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

When you plug the cable into the ethernet jack on the computer NIC do you get any lights?  Should get at least a green link light.  If it's flashing that means the NIC has activity.  You will also see another LED that will be either lit solid green (connected at 100Mbs), Yellow (connected at 1000Mbs), or off (connected at 10Mbs)

If you don't try changing ports on the AT&T Router.  Could be a bad port on the router itself.

Could also be as MT suggested and a bad or wrong cable.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Trouble connecting to internet

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (476 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments