Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 22, 2010
5:08:21 PM
View profile
Trouble connecting IP Phone Allworx 9112

My wife recently started a new job and her employer gave her a phone to use at home.  It connects to the RG via an ethernet cable, and is supposed to work as if she is sitting at her desk.  I am having trouble getting it to work.  It's supposedly plug and play, but no luck. 

I've put in the phone's "secret code" but no luck. 

Does anyone have experience with connecting an Allworx phone using U-Verse?  I don't know if there are any settings I need to change on the RG???

Thanks

Dan

My wife recently started a new job and her employer gave her a phone to use at home.  It connects to the RG via an ethernet cable, and is supposed to work as if she is sitting at her desk.  I am having trouble getting it to work.  It's supposedly plug and play, but no luck. 

I've put in the phone's "secret code" but no luck. 

Does anyone have experience with connecting an Allworx phone using U-Verse?  I don't know if there are any settings I need to change on the RG???

Thanks

Dan

Trouble connecting IP Phone Allworx 9112

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 3:50:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi there:

I recently started a work at home job and I also have an IP phone with the same problem.  You are just supposed to plug it in via the ethernet cable and presto, it works.  It is NOT working and tech support is zero help.  I was wondering if you got your issue resolved and what you did to get it to work. 

Thanks so much.

Hi there:

I recently started a work at home job and I also have an IP phone with the same problem.  You are just supposed to plug it in via the ethernet cable and presto, it works.  It is NOT working and tech support is zero help.  I was wondering if you got your issue resolved and what you did to get it to work. 

Thanks so much.

Re: Trouble connecting IP Phone Allworx 9112

2 of 9 (2,726 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2011 7:54:19 PM
(0)
Teacher

I'm going to guess its a port blocking issue with the firewall.  Do the install instructions say anything about what ports need to be opened for it to work? 

I'm going to guess its a port blocking issue with the firewall.  Do the install instructions say anything about what ports need to be opened for it to work? 

3 of 9 (2,717 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2011 11:45:20 AM
(0)
Professor
Should not have to open any ports if all you have to do is plug in and go on most of them.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

4 of 9 (2,706 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2011 12:00:28 PM
(0)
Professor
abbymama0925, who is the manufacturer of the IP phone that you have? Does it show up on the listing of devices on the Lan tab or homepage if you have the 2wire 3800hgv-b? Unless you have set up your network in a non-standard way, such as that you are using a third party device for a router, with computers going through that, it should just be plug in and go.

Try doing a search with the manufacturer and model number, for example, using the thread starter's info (ie setting up allworx 9112 wth comcast). Even though the provider is not comcast, I figured that it would give more hits in yahoo.com. Try that with your IP phone and see what you get.

abbymama0925, who is the manufacturer of the IP phone that you have? Does it show up on the listing of devices on the Lan tab or homepage if you have the 2wire 3800hgv-b? Unless you have set up your network in a non-standard way, such as that you are using a third party device for a router, with computers going through that, it should just be plug in and go.

Try doing a search with the manufacturer and model number, for example, using the thread starter's info (ie setting up allworx 9112 wth comcast). Even though the provider is not comcast, I figured that it would give more hits in yahoo.com. Try that with your IP phone and see what you get.

5 of 9 (2,706 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2011 6:15:48 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hello,

I have been using and supporting VoIP systems for several years.  I also have an Allworx 9112 at my home behind a U-Verse connection.  Around the middle of October 2011 my phone and another users phone stopped wotking.  After extensive troubleshouuting with ATT, we found that none of the port forwarding procedures in a 2-Wire modem did not work .  The technican that I workded with suggested we try a supplementary group of static IP addresses.  That solution resoved the problem.

Curtis

Hello,

I have been using and supporting VoIP systems for several years.  I also have an Allworx 9112 at my home behind a U-Verse connection.  Around the middle of October 2011 my phone and another users phone stopped wotking.  After extensive troubleshouuting with ATT, we found that none of the port forwarding procedures in a 2-Wire modem did not work .  The technican that I workded with suggested we try a supplementary group of static IP addresses.  That solution resoved the problem.

Curtis

6 of 9 (2,640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2011 1:52:50 AM
(0)
Expert

Thanks for posting your solution to help others.

cbrownmiller wrote:

Hello,

I have been using and supporting VoIP systems for several years.  I also have an Allworx 9112 at my home behind a U-Verse connection.  Around the middle of October 2011 my phone and another users phone stopped wotking.  After extensive troubleshouuting with ATT, we found that none of the port forwarding procedures in a 2-Wire modem did not work .  The technican that I worked with suggested we try a supplementary group of static IP addresses.  That solution resoved the problem.

Curtis

Thanks for posting your solution to help others.

cbrownmiller wrote:

Hello,

I have been using and supporting VoIP systems for several years.  I also have an Allworx 9112 at my home behind a U-Verse connection.  Around the middle of October 2011 my phone and another users phone stopped wotking.  After extensive troubleshouuting with ATT, we found that none of the port forwarding procedures in a 2-Wire modem did not work .  The technican that I worked with suggested we try a supplementary group of static IP addresses.  That solution resoved the problem.

Curtis

7 of 9 (2,632 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2012 12:22:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi Curtis,  I am having the same problem.  Can you tell me the instruction to setup the static IP.  Thanks.

Hi Curtis,  I am having the same problem.  Can you tell me the instruction to setup the static IP.  Thanks.

8 of 9 (2,398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 11:42:46 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have been installing Allworx phones for a few years and I have a few customers at home that use UVerse.  Here is the skinny.  The UVerse router has an option for DMZ Plus.  This option will allow a single MAC or IP on your network to bypass the firewall.  However you must have your advanced settings password for your Uverse.  This is usually found on the battery they provide.

Once in advanced settings, go to DMZ and you will see the MAC (serial number) of you allworx phone.  Select it, tell the firewall to completely bypass and hit ok.  Reboot your phone and it is all done!

Email me at fburrow@gmail.com if you have any other questions.

I have been installing Allworx phones for a few years and I have a few customers at home that use UVerse.  Here is the skinny.  The UVerse router has an option for DMZ Plus.  This option will allow a single MAC or IP on your network to bypass the firewall.  However you must have your advanced settings password for your Uverse.  This is usually found on the battery they provide.

Once in advanced settings, go to DMZ and you will see the MAC (serial number) of you allworx phone.  Select it, tell the firewall to completely bypass and hit ok.  Reboot your phone and it is all done!

Email me at fburrow@gmail.com if you have any other questions.

9 of 9 (885 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments